Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cameronmiller

macrumors newbie
Oct 16, 2016
Oops guess my reply didn't post!

I tweaked the file a bit more than I should have, and now it's a bit messed up. However, I can get you the file once I get around to fixing it. I will be out of town next weekend, along with the following weekend, but I will be back on Saturday night. I can hopefully work on it then and upload it on Sunday.
OMG! This would be amazing! I really appreciate it, and, since I have no access to an Intel Mac, desperately want this. If I had access to an Intel Mac, I would definitely get to working on ThemePark. Thank You so much. :)

swamprock

macrumors 65816
Aug 2, 2015
Michigan
Yeah you're right, however, it won't be the complete theme. This is just going to be the traffic lights

I'd be interested in this as well. I've got Leopard and Snow Leopard machines with incomplete theming, and this would be another step towards complete :)

MacCubed

macrumors 68000
Apr 26, 2014
Florida
Ha I definitely did not expect to see this much interest in this! This weekend I will be at a debate competition at UCF in Orlando, and the following weekend I will be all over the state looking at colleges. Fun!

Reactions: swamprock

MacCubed

macrumors 68000
Apr 26, 2014
Florida
Just to let you guys know I am working on this with some other individuals in this group :) Going to try making it happen!

And we also have some other beneficial ideas up our sleeves :eek:
Really glad to be helping out with this one! Going to be a great project!

Halibabamindingu

macrumors member
Aug 18, 2015
Just wondering if an installer has come out yet, or if anyone has figured out how to change the traffic lights in Leopard yet. This is what I have so far. I have a guiKit, but hat requires ShapeShifter and Tiger. All menu bars are still barely transparent. Purple Safari icon is Leopard WebKit. All other non-normal icons are TenFourFoxBox.
View attachment 666031
hey mate, for traffic lights, you need to use theme park and modify the sart bin file. i guess that snow leopard and leopard sart files are the same. backup and try this. If it does not work, you will need to extract it with theme park and patch into the leopard file.

cameronmiller

macrumors newbie
Oct 16, 2016
hey mate, for traffic lights, you need to use theme park and modify the sart bin file. i guess that snow leopard and leopard sart files are the same. backup and try this. If it does not work, you will need to extract it with theme park and patch into the leopard file.
These are zipped files and the only things that come out of them is themselves.
[doublepost=1476841208][/doublepost]
Just to let you guys know I am working on this with some other individuals in this group :) Going to try making it happen!

And we also have some other beneficial ideas up our sleeves :eek:
I need help! How can I open Sartfile.bin and artfile.bin in themepark?

cameronmiller

macrumors newbie
Oct 16, 2016
You need SL, it won't open on PPC.
I don't have snow leopard, so I can't modify these.

cameronmiller

macrumors newbie
Oct 16, 2016
I will get it done in the next few weeks!
It's cool. I'm in no rush, but Halibabamindingu's post messed me up, he made it sound like I could do it, although he probably didn't read all of the recent messages. I started to think that I could do it myself. Never mind though. I would love to learn how, but I just don't have an Intel mac. Just saying, I love this thread.

Halibabamindingu

macrumors member
Aug 18, 2015
These are zipped files and the only things that come out of them is themselves.
[doublepost=1476841208][/doublepost]
I need help! How can I open Sartfile.bin and artfile.bin in themepark?
You need SL, it won't open on PPC.

Firstly, sorry for not providing enough information. heres a guide explaining it all

This link contains a theme which is applied with THEMEPARK
NOTE, THEMEPARK 4,1 WONT WORK IN PPC. BUT OLDER VERSIONS WILL SINCE THEMEPARK DATES FROM 2003…PPC ERA... MACS WHEREN`T INTEL BACK THEN...Click this link and download version 1.0, 2.0 or version 2.11 (THOSE ARE JAGUAR AND PANTHER COMPATIBLE) OR 3.0 OR 3.1 (NEWER VERSIONS, TIGER AND LEOPARD COMPATIBLE) SO YOU CAN TRY IT VIA PPC, DONT ACTUALLY NEED AN INTEL. IM ALMOST SURE ITS 3.1 VERSION YOU NEED

it patches the following files

/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/CoreUI.framework/Versions/A/Resources/ArtFile.bin

/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/CoreUI.framework/Versions/A/Resources/SArtFile.bin

/System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/HIToolbox.framework/Versions/A/Resources/Extras2.rsrc

/System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/HIToolbox.framework/Versions/A/Resources/Extras.rsrc

Those files are the ones that contain all the OS X pngs files. From finder theme to scrollbars buttons , traffic lights...

I don’t know which of them actually contains traffic lights pngs.

Now that you know that, we have two possible solutions

1) This theme will support Leopard, which maybe it will, because the files are essentially the same as the snow leopard and themes are often interchangeable, so we can try!.
edit: method 1 wont work, snow leopard files dont seem to be compatible with leopard. use method 2

2) IF thats NOT true ( we will need to open the leopard file and modify it manually using theme park)

a) backup.

b) download yosemite extracted pngs here

c) use the PPC theme park provided and replace them in Extras.rsrc, Extras2.rsrc

PS: if someone has enough spare time, could use the extracted pngs and use PPC theme park to replace one by one... more than 3000 pngs... see in the end, all the OS X versions can be themed to sierra, in theory, just need the correct theme park version and the and the time to do it.

using this we can get not only traffic lights but also all the correct files, an almost perfect theme.

Last edited:

swamprock

macrumors 65816
Aug 2, 2015
Michigan
<snip>
1) This theme will support Leopard, which maybe it will, because the files are essentially the same as the snow leopard and themes are often interchangeable, so we can try!.
NOTE if you don't want to try it, you can skip to alternative 2 and patch it manually

If thats true, backup those files manually then after that, apply the theme with THEMEPARK<snip>

I gave this a try. It patched my Snow Leopard install just fine, but copying and moving the files to Leopard just caused Finder to crash and some weird graphical errors. I tried all different combinations; all four files at first, then replacing them with the originals one by one. Until I replaced ALL of the files with the originals again, Finder would just crash. I'd say that the files are NOT compatible between Leopard and Snow Leopard, unless I did something wrong. I did all of my copying from single user mode.

The Snow Leopard theme would not open in Leopard using Themepark 3.1 either...

Halibabamindingu

macrumors member
Aug 18, 2015
I gave this a try. It patched my Snow Leopard install just fine, but copying and moving the files to Leopard just caused Finder to crash and some weird graphical errors. I tried all different combinations; all four files at first, then replacing them with the originals one by one. Until I replaced ALL of the files with the originals again, Finder would just crash. I'd say that the files are NOT compatible between Leopard and Snow Leopard, unless I did something wrong. I did all of my copying from single user mode.

The Snow Leopard theme would not open in Leopard using Themepark 3.1 either...

So we gotta patch it manually. Forget about the .theme files, download the extracted pngs files from yosemite and grab the trafic lights png. after that open leopard original files and drag the trafic light png to be replaced. this might work as we are creating our own art file.bin file from leopard., later on i will try it 2

Halibabamindingu

macrumors member
Aug 18, 2015
If this is the case, then @SourceSunTom's method won't work either
Here you go, i did it in a hurry just to prove the method.

and yes method 2 works flawslly. when i have enough spare time i will finish it and replace all the missing parts and fix what i did wrong ( eg.: the close red button, the inactive button )
Download ( beta)
PS: I used Leopard assist to get OS X Leopard in this 700Mz mac

Last edited:

MacCubed

macrumors 68000
Apr 26, 2014
Florida

and yes method 2 works flawslly. when i have enough spare time i will finish it and replace all the missing parts and fix what i did wrong ( eg.: the close red button, the inactive button )
Download ( beta)
Yeah I noticed that the buttons looked a bit squished too! I would make sure that you use the icons with the borders on the outside, looks a lot better!

Halibabamindingu

macrumors member
Aug 18, 2015
Yeah I noticed that the buttons looked a bit squished too! I would make sure that you use the icons with the borders on the outside, looks a lot better!
When i get the time i will make it better. But thats the proof we can get the full yosemite theme in it. just gotta have free time. you guys can do it, just use theme park as i did for traffic lights...

cameronmiller

macrumors newbie
Oct 16, 2016
Firstly, sorry for not providing enough information. heres a guide explaining it all

This link contains a theme which is applied with THEMEPARK
NOTE, THEMEPARK 4,1 WONT WORK IN PPC. BUT OLDER VERSIONS WILL SINCE THEMEPARK DATES FROM 2003…PPC ERA... MACS WHEREN`T INTEL BACK THEN...Click this link and download version 1.0, 2.0 or version 2.11 (THOSE ARE JAGUAR AND PANTHER COMPATIBLE) OR 3.0 OR 3.1 (NEWER VERSIONS, TIGER AND LEOPARD COMPATIBLE) SO YOU CAN TRY IT VIA PPC, DONT ACTUALLY NEED AN INTEL. IM ALMOST SURE ITS 3.1 VERSION YOU NEED

it patches the following files

/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/CoreUI.framework/Versions/A/Resources/ArtFile.bin

/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/CoreUI.framework/Versions/A/Resources/SArtFile.bin

/System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/HIToolbox.framework/Versions/A/Resources/Extras2.rsrc

/System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/HIToolbox.framework/Versions/A/Resources/Extras.rsrc

Those files are the ones that contain all the OS X pngs files. From finder theme to scrollbars buttons , traffic lights...

I don’t know which of them actually contains traffic lights pngs.

Now that you know that, we have two possible solutions

edit: method 1 wont work, snow leopard files dont seem to be compatible with leopard. use method 2

2) IF thats NOT true ( we will need to open the leopard file and modify it manually using theme park)

a) backup.

b) download yosemite extracted pngs here

c) use the PPC theme park provided and replace them in Extras.rsrc, Extras2.rsrc

PS: if someone has enough spare time, could use the extracted pngs and use PPC theme park to replace one by one... more than 3000 pngs... see in the end, all the OS X versions can be themed to sierra, in theory, just need the correct theme park version and the and the time to do it.

using this we can get not only traffic lights but also all the correct files, an almost perfect theme.

Download ( beta)
This doesn't work for me. I save the files (both) and restart. I can open them and the images saved, but it doesn't change anything.

Halibabamindingu

macrumors member
Aug 18, 2015
This doesn't work for me. I save the files (both) and restart. I can open them and the images saved, but it doesn't change anything.
these are the modified system files, you gotta replace them in FINDER, not in themepark.
note that i used theme park to modify them, but after that, the resulting files that i sent on link, must be PLACED

1) backup /System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/HIToolbox.framework/Versions/A/Resources/extra and extra 2 files ( copy them to documents folder or somewhere else)

2) delete /System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/HIToolbox.framework/Versions/A/Resources/extra and extra 2 files

3) copy the ones i sent you to
/System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/HIToolbox.framework/Versions/A/Resources/

4) Just AFTER that, restart

ps: you must do that because you have no permission to replace the files directly by copying . another alternative would be modify the files privileges in get info, then replace them

Last edited:

cameronmiller

macrumors newbie
Oct 16, 2016
these are the modified system files, you gotta replace them in FINDER, not in themepark.
note that i used theme park to modify them, but after that, the resulting files that i sent on link, must be PLACED

1) backup /System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/HIToolbox.framework/Versions/A/Resources/extra and extra 2 files ( copy them to documents folder or somewhere else)

2) delete /System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/HIToolbox.framework/Versions/A/Resources/extra and extra 2 files

3) copy the ones i sent you to
/System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/HIToolbox.framework/Versions/A/Resources/

4) Just AFTER that, restart

ps: you must do that because you have no permission to replace the files directly by copying . another alternative would be modify the files privileges in get info, then replace them
Ok thanks. I had to look through your posts to find the files. Sorry.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.