Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jbarley

macrumors 601
Jul 1, 2006
Vancouver Island
Reading through this thread sorta makes me chuckle,
Here we are trying our hardest to make our old Leopard systems look like the newer El-Capitan, while at the same time I've just redone my El-Capitan machine to take it back to a more retro 3D style.
note the 3D traffic liights, colored sidebar icons and toned down folder colors...

Screenshot 2016-08-31 at 8.38. AM.png

Last edited:

redheeler

macrumors G3
Oct 17, 2014
Colorado, USA
how did you get the 3d look idk how to quote posts or i would quote yours but yeah id love the 3d look being back on my MacOS Seirra
Not sure what he used, maybe YosemiteRevert, but with ThemeEngine, there is so much UI customization potential. I changed the dull scrollbars in El Capitan/Sierra to look more like the Aqua ones of old, as well as the traffic lights to a more 3D appearance (but not just the ones taken from Mavericks).

Adamscomputerrepair

macrumors 6502a
Aug 9, 2015
Maybe not.......................

wait to see

In all seriousness, did you get the traffic lights hack working? I'm still trying to figure out how to fox box notes and make it work without having to sign in again on iCloud. Right now though, I'm more focused on upgrading a MacBook Pro 2,1 I was given. I have it running Yosemite through MacPostFactor, but now I'm considering upgrading the logic board and installing El Capitan or Sierra on it. Anyway, thats where I am on this.

AmazingHenry

macrumors 65816
Jul 6, 2015
Central Michigan
No, the project is not dead. Looking at some screenshots from the PPC Center Facebook page, he is working on he traffic lights and the way windows appear. Those are pretty much the last things that need to be done and then Leopard will look just like macOS Sierra! At that point we should see a release. @gavinstubbs09 , thanks so much for doing this!

Reactions: gavinstubbs09

cameronmiller

macrumors newbie
Oct 16, 2016
Just wondering if an installer has come out yet, or if anyone has figured out how to change the traffic lights in Leopard yet. This is what I have so far. I have a guiKit, but hat requires ShapeShifter and Tiger. All menu bars are still barely transparent. Purple Safari icon is Leopard WebKit. All other non-normal icons are TenFourFoxBox.
Picture 31.jpg

MacCubed

macrumors 68000
Apr 26, 2014
Florida
Just wondering if an installer has come out yet, or if anyone has figured out how to change the traffic lights in Leopard yet. This is what I have so far. I have a guiKit, but hat requires ShapeShifter and Tiger.
View attachment 666031
The traffic lights are really easy to change, My main issue is the dock I want it to be authentic as possible. To change the traffic lights you have to have a SL capable Mac and use ThemePark to change them. I used a Yosemite artfile to do it. Then export the new artfile to your PPC Leopard mac

Reactions: redheeler

cameronmiller

macrumors newbie
Oct 16, 2016
The traffic lights are really easy to change, My main issue is the dock I want it to be authentic as possible. To change the traffic lights you have to have a SL capable Mac and use ThemePark to change them. I used a Yosemite artfile to do it. Then export the new artfile to your PPC Leopard mac
Could you possibly send me the ArtFile and SArtFile files you modified? Is my dock the way you want yours, or is it he same? I would love to have a flat, light blue themed highlight and menu bar along with the os Sierra buttons. I have attempted to modify the Extras.rsrc and the Extras2.rsrc with theme park, and, well, it was a no go. I have spent a long time working on this project, and for the most part, I am very pleased and I appreciate the support.

cameronmiller

macrumors newbie
Oct 16, 2016
In all seriousness, did you get the traffic lights hack working? I'm still trying to figure out how to fox box notes and make it work without having to sign in again on iCloud. Right now though, I'm more focused on upgrading a MacBook Pro 2,1 I was given. I have it running Yosemite through MacPostFactor, but now I'm considering upgrading the logic board and installing El Capitan or Sierra on it. Anyway, thats where I am on this.
I have scoured this forum more than 15 times and I have found almost every file, folder, image, and zip needed to convert my dual core G5 running Mac OS X 10.5.8 to simulate that of Mac OS 10.12. This forum, in no means, is dead. TenFourFoxBox is really easy to use. You have to click the "Allow this foxbox to remember form data and autofill form fields" for automatic sign in to occur. Picture 36.png

MacCubed

macrumors 68000
Apr 26, 2014
Florida
Could you possibly send me the ArtFile and SArtFile files you modified? Is my dock the way you want yours, or is it he same? I would love to have a flat, light blue themed highlight and menu bar along with the os Sierra buttons. I have attempted to modify the Extras.rsrc and the Extras2.rsrc with theme park, and, well, it was a no go. I have spent a long time working on this project, and for the most part, I am very pleased and I appreciate the support.

Oops guess my reply didn't post!

I tweaked the file a bit more than I should have, and now it's a bit messed up. However, I can get you the file once I get around to fixing it. I will be out of town next weekend, along with the following weekend, but I will be back on Saturday night. I can hopefully work on it then and upload it on Sunday.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.