Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

california_kid

macrumors 6502
Sep 9, 2016
San Francisco
Secret feature - buy two Apple Pencil Pros and you can use them as Apple Chopsticks that:
  • Has special magnets that make it easy to use for beginners
  • Tell you how much calories you're eating
  • Gives the temperature of your noodle broth
  • Anti-noise capability to mask your slurping sound
  • Levitates in the air so you don't have to set it down

• Haha
Reactions: katbel and gusmula

SpringKid

macrumors 6502
May 17, 2019
I bought an Apple Pencil 2 and used it maybe 3 times, so they will have a hard time getting $199 out of me. Erasing for digital artists seems like it will be a really nice feature though.
Just out of curiosity, how come you bought one in the first place?

Reactions: xxFoxtail

ArtistDaveeBee

macrumors newbie
May 6, 2024
While I’m always interested in iPad Pro and Pencil upgrades, the logo animation intrigues me… Are they teasing their own art apps, or simply showing us applications that are ready to show off the capabilities of the new hardware? I could be reaching. What I don’t want to see is Apple do its usual routine and buy out an app like Procreate and add to its native line-up. I’m really just hoping that the latest pencil (if it wows me enough) is compatible with the latest generation iPad Pro before this announcement 🤞.

CarAnalogy

macrumors 601
Jun 9, 2021
A pencil with an eraser on it!

Reminds me of the Samsung commercial with the guy mimicking head asplodes because the headphone jack is on the bottom.

Truly, we live in an age of wonders. Maybe CFed shouldn't have said that. Its level of mockability is right up there with "Courage."

BGPL

macrumors 6502a
May 4, 2016
California
MFW the apple pencil is the star of the event. #outofideas

mfw.png

atomic.flip

macrumors 6502a
Dec 7, 2008
Orange County, CA
When I was 14 and in my first year of iGCSE I turned in my Math workbook with the first three months of material in pencil. My teacher looked at it and then looked up at me in disbelief and asked “What is this??? pencil?!” And I replied “yes I did my work in pencil…”.

She asked me why I didn’t use pen and ink for my work instead?

I was kinda surprised and pleaded “But if I make a mistake how am I supposed to make corrections without an eraser?”

Her singular response was “Mr. Redacted, you’re at the age where you should no longer be making mistakes!”

Let’s just say that given my past experience and the fact I’m now just a few months away from turning 46… the Apple Pencil, now with an eraser is extremely unimpressive… LOL 🤣🤣🤣

mazz0

macrumors 68040
Mar 23, 2011
Leeds, UK
No way - have they finally listened to me and they’re putting an eraser on the end?! I mean, if they’re *not*, then this advert is really taking the piss.

DallasCowboysFan

macrumors member
Jun 7, 2023
Dallas, Texas
I might even skip this event tbh. I use my Apple Pencil like once a month maybe. If you use it and need it that’s cool but iPads are just not that interesting to me anymore.
What is the pencil specifically used for?
Drawing and art? Or are there other functions?

I wonder how often Apple has considered doing 1 event a year, instead of two, ( the one in September)?

Botts85

macrumors regular
Feb 9, 2007
Truly, we live in an age of wonders. Maybe CFed shouldn't have said that. Its level of mockability is right up there with "Courage."
You didn’t hear that as Apple mocking themselves?

It definitely wasn’t a serious comment, it was self-deprecating humor.

SpringKid

macrumors 6502
May 17, 2019
I am personally in the same boat, I bought it thinking I'd use it more.
But for what did you buy it then? I mean, I had a clear goal when I bought mine, and that is to use it to draw in Procreate. I really do understand people don‘t use it if you have no specific task that benefits from using it, but then again I also don’t really understand why one would buy it in the first place then.

Reactions: kazmac

NEPOBABY

macrumors 6502a
Jan 10, 2023
I will giggle as all the M4 predictions get shot down. It would be nice to see a universal Apple Pencil for all iPads and iPhones.

No. Adding a Pro digitiser on the low end just raises cost for everyone who doesn’t use that feature.

Don’t think about yourself. The world doesn’t revolve around you.

tivoboy

macrumors 68040
May 15, 2005
Is it REALLY 07:00 PST? I guess with it just most likely being recordings, but I thought all these were mostly at 10:00 PST

Asking, b/c I happen to be in HST at the moment. ;-)

aidler

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2009
Wait for it....

They will only release a new and very expensive pencil. No news about new
iPads, AI or any other new devices.

Reactions: cmbarclay

neutrino17

macrumors regular
Jun 25, 2022
I’m disappointed that it will be so short. We have to wait so long for these at least it should be an hour.

I’ll probably get a new iPP 12.9 and Pencil. I use the Pencil all day long. I scribble notes on PDFs, I sign documents, I makes sketches of things I’m planning, and I can solve sudoku puzzles in my newspaper’s PDF.

I’m skeptical it will be an M4. It just seems too early. It might be possible for the iPad Pro. They don’t sell huge numbers so it would be a chance to get them out there without needing a huge volume of them. If that was the case, you’d think Apple would put them in a MacBook to be used by developers. Although I’d like to see it I give it about 5% chance of happening.

I think if they were putting an M4 in the iPad they would spend at least 30 minutes just on the M4. If the event really is just 35 minutes then there is little chance for the M4 to make an appearance.

svish

macrumors G3
Nov 25, 2017
Interesting. Excited to see what Apple is launching within the next 12 hours!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.