Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Schizoid

macrumors 65816
May 29, 2008
UK
Maybe this:
Apple Pencil Mini for iPhone: £75
Apple Pencil USB C for iPad: £79
Apple Pencil for iPad : £109
Apple Pencil 2nd Gen : £179
Apple Pencil Pro with Magic Erase : £199
Apple Pencil Pro Max with magic erase and built in haptics : £299

That completes our magical pencil lineup, we think you’re going to love it and can’t wait to see what you draw with it.

CarAnalogy

macrumors 601
Jun 9, 2021
You didn’t hear that as Apple mocking themselves?

It definitely wasn’t a serious comment, it was self-deprecating humor.

Self deprecating humor only works for people. And it doesn't continue to be funny if the person isn’t doing something about it.

I didn't hear it as Apple mocking themselves, I heard it as CFed mocking Apple's lack of software innovation. As the head of Apple software, I don't think that was a good move.

He's just pointing out how far behind Apple is on many basic features. iOS 18 better finally address all that fruit that's hanging so low for so long it's starting to rot.

As it is, it's in the same vein as saying "Can't innovate anymore, my ass" as they release a poorly thought out product that then stagnated for nearly a decade, only to go back to the same exact design as before that debacle.

You can't say "truly we live in an age of wonders" as you introduce a feature like multiple timers as your one huge innovation all year and expect me to see that positively. I still can't just put an icon on the screen where I want it and have it stay there. That would be a wonder.

Piplodocus

macrumors 6502a
Apr 2, 2008
I find the current double tap works pretty well once you get use to it.
Not for me. Tried it a good while. Turned it off. Tried it again for a good while. The Apple Store even replaced mine based on how many accidental "taps" it saw. I can kinda get used to it if I think a lot. But if I just use it in a relaxed way like I would any other normal pencil or pen without thinking, back to accidental "taps". So my taps are turned off. Which would be a great feature for me if I wasn't forever erasing bits of stuff I was drawing. :/

I'm surprised far more people don't find this after I previously asked. But maybe I'm just odd and have very mobile fingers while trying to just write or draw!

verniesgarden

macrumors 65816
May 29, 2007
Saint Louis, Mo
But for what did you buy it then? I mean, I had a clear goal when I bought mine, and that is to use it to draw in Procreate. I really do understand people don‘t use it if you have no specific task that benefits from using it, but then again I also don’t really understand why one would buy it in the first place then.
sketching UI layouts and such to illuminate using paper, as well as finer editing in lightroom. but the updated auto masking features get me closer to what I need faster than drawing a mask by hand.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.