Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

What model are you ordering?

• iPhone 8 64GB

Votes: 5 1.3%
  • iPhone 8 256GB

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • iPhone 8 Plus 64GB

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • iPhone 8 Plus 256 GB

Votes: 4 1.0%
  • iPhone X 64GB

Votes: 130 33.5%
  • iPhone X 256GB

Votes: 224 57.7%
  • Sticking with my current iPhone

Votes: 23 5.9%

• Total voters

MacQork

macrumors regular
Feb 21, 2017
Model: 256GB SpaceGrey iPhone X

desquiliano

macrumors newbie
Oct 22, 2014
Model: iPhone X 256GB Space Grey

Recently moved to Italy from US, so a couple weeks ago I made a purchase on the app to make sure everything would be fine on Friday. I mainly wanted to make sure I could use my US credit card on the Italian Apple Store App.

On Friday I had a computer, iPhone and iPad reloading and eventually, at 9:04 the app became available. By 9:06 I had an email confirming delivery on 3/11.

Later in the day I saw that some people were reporting their status changing to "preparing for shipment". Checked mine, and noticed that the payment had not been processed. I called my bank and was told that the address reported by Apple was wrong. In my rush, I didn't notice that the address on the app was not up to date. I tried to solve it on the website I was redirected to, but it wouldn't process my payment, so I ended up calling Apple.

First Apple told me that the problem was that I was using a US card, and that I needed to use an Italian credit card. I explained to the representative that I had used that same card a couple weeks earlier and everything worked, so that shouldn't have been an issue, besides I don't even have an Italian credit card. After I explained to him what the bank had said, he told me that the only solution was to cancel the order and place a new one, because they could not change the billing address. I told him that I didn't want to cancel the order, because then I would have to wait 5-6 weeks for delivery. After about half an hour of him insisting that the only solution was canceling, he found the option to change the address. He did, attempted the charge again, and my order changed to "preparing to shipment" shortly after.

Reactions: Cremerhm and MLVC

MacQork

macrumors regular
Feb 21, 2017

Recently moved to Italy from US, so a couple weeks ago I made a purchase on the app to make sure everything would be fine on Friday. I mainly wanted to make sure I could use my US credit card on the Italian Apple Store App.

Never take no for an answer with sale people. I've never encountered one that had the best intentions for the customer in mind. It's always the same song, they can't do anything/don't know, you keep insisting long enough, suddenly its possible....

Reactions: MLVC

MLVC

macrumors demi-god
Apr 30, 2015
Maastricht, The Netherlands

On Friday I had a computer, iPhone and iPad reloading and eventually, at 9:04 the app became available. By 9:06 I had an email confirming delivery on 3/11.

Later in the day I saw that some people were reporting their status changing to "preparing for shipment". Checked mine, and noticed that the payment had not been processed. I called my bank and was told that the address reported by Apple was wrong. In my rush, I didn't notice that the address on the app was not up to date. I tried to solve it on the website I was redirected to, but it wouldn't process my payment, so I ended up calling Apple.

First Apple told me that the problem was that I was using a US card, and that I needed to use an Italian credit card. I explained to the representative that I had used that same card a couple weeks earlier and everything worked, so that shouldn't have been an issue, besides I don't even have an Italian credit card. After I explained to him what the bank had said, he told me that the only solution was to cancel the order and place a new one, because they could not change the billing address. I told him that I didn't want to cancel the order, because then I would have to wait 5-6 weeks for delivery. After about half an hour of him insisting that the only solution was canceling, he found the option to change the address. He did, attempted the charge again, and my order changed to "preparing to shipment" shortly after.

Anything is possible in Italy lol. Good you got it sorted! Love Italy by the way, just got back from a week in Tuscany :)

Michelinu

macrumors regular
Dec 27, 2013
Sant'Antioco, Sardinia (Italy)
You're lucky that you aren't in Sardinia, or you should wait until the 6th of November :confused:
There are some courier strikes during the 30th and 31st of October, but I don't think (and hope) they are going to delay our deliveries here in Italy.

biggy62

macrumors newbie
Mar 27, 2013
My order is preparing with 3.nov date :D. Does that mean that everything is done and i will get it? because its the first time i bought something using creditcard so i was nervous if anything can go wrong. They still didnt charge my card

And why is apple not using 3DSECURE(Securecode or Verified by Visa)?:O

mathieudelvaux

macrumors regular
Sep 11, 2016
Belgium
My order is preparing with 3.nov date :D. Does that mean that everything is done and i will get it?

You’ll have it on launch day, unless they can’t charge your card.

And why is apple not using 3DSECURE(Securecode or Verified by Visa)?:O

Honestly, with your CVV, and Apple Store transactions being closely monitored by credit card providers, you can definitely feel safe ;-)

Reactions: biggy62

biggy62

macrumors newbie
Mar 27, 2013
You’ll have it on launch day, unless they can’t charge your card.

Honestly, with your CVV, and Apple Store transactions being closely monitored by credit card providers, you can definitely feel safe ;-)

Heard apple is checking if they can charge it before even processing the order. Never bought anything and i got enough credit limit. Hope everything turns out fine :(
I feel safe, was just wondering why :D Thought maybe it only didnt show up on my payment :D :O

mathieudelvaux

macrumors regular
Sep 11, 2016
Belgium
Yes indeed they make a +-1 EUR charge on your card to check if it’s your credit card and if it’s valid and all…
What sometimes happen, though, is that your bank/credit card company stops the transaction because it may look like fraud.
Also, maybe check on your pending charges.
If on Monday you haven’t seen movement on your card, maybe check with Apple & your card issuer.

Honestly, I’ve never ever used 3DSecure anywhere online hahaha

Reactions: biggy62

scotio200

macrumors regular
Mar 4, 2015
Just an update, my in store pickup had been charged to my card, it's still a pending transactions but it's there

Kaalaus

macrumors newbie
Apr 30, 2015
I got an in Store pickup cologne for Friday 03.11.2017. But process is still „order in progress“. This is the first time that I did a in Store pick up. Normally every Year I ordered delivery at home. Has anyone some experiences with pick up in store and processing items (timeline)? Thanks for your answers!

Reactions: ales876

iToph

macrumors 6502
Oct 23, 2014
I got an in Store pickup cologne for Friday 03.11.2017. But process is still „order in progress“. This is the first time that I did a in Store pick up. Normally every Year I ordered delivery at home. Has anyone some experiences with pick up in store and processing items (timeline)? Thanks for your answers!

Same here, but it’s normal. You can check, if there is a charge on your CC already! My checkin is at 9.00-9.30 at cgn Schildergasse, maybe we’ll see eachother.

vannix

macrumors regular
Aug 11, 2010
(delivery scheduled 3 November)

Kaalaus

macrumors newbie
Apr 30, 2015
Same here, but it’s normal. You can check, if there is a charge on your CC already! My checkin is at 9.00-9.30 at cgn Schildergasse, maybe we’ll see eachother.
Hi, no charge yet, but every time in the past, the charge would be seen very late on my orders, sometimes I‘ve seen it, the phone was in my hands (that means after delivery...) i have also ordered a 8 for my wife. This one is I delivery for today, and this one is also not charged yet!

Dualica 01

macrumors regular
Oct 16, 2014
Model: iPhone X 6GB Silver

Delivery 2-3 weeks, 13. - 20. november
Confirmation mail 09:08. Ordered thru web as the apps on both i-devices were down until approx 09:20. By then delivery had slipped to 3-4 weeks...

Penungu

macrumors member
Dec 6, 2012
Model: iPhone X 256GB Space Grey, ordered 09:06

buzzman

macrumors regular
Aug 11, 2007
Model: iPhone X 256GB Silver

Avi92

macrumors member
Oct 6, 2015
The Hague, The Netherlands
Model: 1 iPhone X 256 GB Space Grey & 1 iPhone X 256 GB Silver
Status: Order being processed (Apple Store Pickup on Nov 3th)

Does anyone have any experience with in store pickups? This is my first time for a pickup at the Apple Store and I have a time slot of 16:00h - 16:30h. Is it possible for me to arrive earlier or will they only help me in this time slot?

laerning

macrumors member
Apr 21, 2015
Model: iPhone X 256 GB Silver

Got charged yesterday.

iToph

macrumors 6502
Oct 23, 2014
Model: iPhone X 64 GB Silver

Got charged yesterday.

Whoop whoop:D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.