Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

What model are you ordering?

• iPhone 8 64GB

Votes: 5 1.3%
  • iPhone 8 256GB

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • iPhone 8 Plus 64GB

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • iPhone 8 Plus 256 GB

Votes: 4 1.0%
  • iPhone X 64GB

Votes: 130 33.5%
  • iPhone X 256GB

Votes: 224 57.7%
  • Sticking with my current iPhone

Votes: 23 5.9%

• Total voters

SwissGuy93

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2016
For the other Swiss people on here; Do you guys have a guess what courier will be used for the shipments? It is "Expressversand", isn't that normally DHL for Switzerland?

SwissGuy93

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2016
Here in Italy I think they will use DHL as they did with the iPhone 7 and the 2016 MacBook Pro.. In the other countries IDK
Ok, thanks. :D I really hope that they use DHL this time again. I ordered the 4K Apple TV and they sent it with DHL, too. The good thing with DHL is that you can schedule your delivery.

Michelinu

macrumors regular
Dec 27, 2013
Sant'Antioco, Sardinia (Italy)
Dear fellow iPhone X pre-orderers ;)

We have made a spreadsheet to combine all the iPhone X pre-orders. Please fill in yours as well!
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1TxRlvSYIS64v7B7NJutUCbgdLVOLBeHQnHqbn-kbYjE/edit#gid=0

Please let me know if some options lack. Appreciate your feedback!

Filled, thank you :)
I think that USA orders should be in another spread sheet in the document.

For payments with Apple Pay (not Apple Pay Cash), should I use the "Credit Card" option?

vjobs

macrumors regular
Nov 23, 2013
Amsterdam, Netherlands
Filled, thank you :)
I think that USA orders should be in another spread sheet in the document.

For payments with Apple Pay (not Apple Pay Cash), should I use the "Credit Card" option?
Thank you. Yes you should, considering that an Apple Pay transaction is basically the same as a transaction via usual creditcard.

SwissGuy93

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2016
Any guesses why only the European shipments are on "Preparing for shipment" at the moment? Is it because they bundle them up and send them to the storage locations in Milan and Amsterdam (I think it's Amsterdam isn't it?)

Michelinu

macrumors regular
Dec 27, 2013
Any guesses why only the European shipments are on "Preparing for shipment" at the moment? Is it because they bundle them up and send them to the storage locations in Milan and Amsterdam (I think it's Amsterdam isn't it?)

The storage locations for Europe is Amsterdam if I remember correctly. Then they'll ship to the final customers. Or at lest, this what they did last year.
I think that also several USA orders are preparing for ship but generally EU shipments from the China factory to the local storage location need more time that the USA ones.

SwissGuy93

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2016
The storage locations for Europe is Amsterdam if I remember correctly. Then they'll ship to the final customers. Or at lest, this what they did last year.
I think that also several USA orders are preparing for ship but generally EU shipments from the China factory to the local storage location need more time that the USA ones.
Oh ok, I normally receive all my Apple express shipping orders from Milan (Bergamo) and with DHL. But yeah it makes sense to send them out from the European storage locations.

Michelinu

macrumors regular
Dec 27, 2013
Oh ok, I normally receive all my Apple express shipping orders from Milan (Bergamo) and with DHL. But yeah it makes sense to send them out from the European storage locations.

They ship from Milan and other national storage locations only when they have big stocks of products.
Our iPhone are "freshly baked" so most probably they'll come directly from the factory :p

SwissGuy93

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2016
They ship from Milan and other national storage locations only when they have big stocks of products.
Our iPhone are "freshly baked" so most probably they'll come directly from the factory :p
Wouldn't so sure about that. Just asked my friend and he received his iPhone 7 on launch day last year and it was sent via Milan. They create the packages in Milan. I think they have already begun assembling the big shipment for next week (a big palette with our packages and labels on them) and they will be sent out to us on Thursday so that they will be here on Friday.

Michelinu

macrumors regular
Dec 27, 2013
Wouldn't so sure about that. Just asked my friend and he received his iPhone 7 on launch day last year and it was sent via Milan. They create the packages in Milan. I think they have already begun assembling the big shipment for next week (a big palette with our packages and labels on them) and they will be sent out to us on Thursday so that they will be here on Friday.

Last year I was in the 6-8 working days range and I got it directly from the factory. By living in Italy it of course has gone in Milan (I received it on the 22nd).

Mydu

macrumors newbie
Aug 5, 2015
Barcelona
Because I still need to wait about 3/4 weeks before I'll get my new iPhone X and many of you got already the status updates I would like to make a this thread about ''processing, dispatched, shipped, received'' status updates.

I'll try to update it daily..

Color counter:
  • Space Grey: 24
  • Silver: 20

GB counter
  • 64GB: 18
  • 256GB: 26

Germany

Chrizel iPhone X 256GB Silver, Preparing to Ship (delivery scheduled 3 November)
MaximTV iPhone X 256GB Space Grey, Preparing to Ship (delivery scheduled 3 November)
Hendi iPhone X 256GB Space Grey, Preparing for Shipment
MrSpock75 iPhone X 256GB Space Grey, Order in Progress (delivery scheduled 3 November)
Laerning iPhone X 256GB Silver, Order placed (in-store pickup 3 November)
iToph iPhone X 64GB Silver, Order placed (delivery scheduled 3 November)
Spacemaster iPhone X 64GB Silver, In-store pickup (3 November)
Noelsch iPhone X 256GB Silver, Delivery scheduled 3 November

Belgium

Reflexiste iPhone X 256GB Space Grey, Delivery scheduled 3 November
JochenHoubaer iPhone X 64GB Space Grey, Delivery scheduled 3 November
Thiagordc iPhone X 64GB Silver, Delivery scheduled 20 - 27 November

The Netherlands
Geert76 iPhone X 64GB Space Grey, Preparing for Shipment (delivery scheduled 3 November)
DennisdeWit iPhone X 256GB Silver, Preparing for Shipment (delivery scheduled 3 November)
Cremerhm iPhone X 256GB Silver, Preparing for Shipment (delivery scheduled 3 November)
Cremerhm iPhone X 256GB Silver, Preparing for Shipment (delivery scheduled 3 November)
Rivanov iPhone X 64GB Silver, Preparing for Shipment (delivery scheduled 3 November)
MLVC iPhone X 256GB Silver, Order in Progress (delivery scheduled 3 November)
Mark Kappert iPhone X 64GB Silver, Order in Progress (delivery scheduled 20 - 27 November)
JordyvdBrink iPhone X 64GB Silver, In-store pickup (3 November)
TruBleu iPhone X 64GB Space Grey, Delivery scheduled 20 - 27 November
Scotio200 iPhone X 256GB Silver, Pending order
Scotio200 iPhone X 256GB Space Grey, Pending order
WRT iPhone X 256GB Space Grey, Status?

Denmark

Macintosh iPhone X 64GB Silver, Status?

Spain
Joanbcn91 iPhone X 64GB Space Grey, Processing items (in-store pickup 3 November)
Eiprol iPhone X 64GB Silver, Received order (delivery scheduled 3 November)
Mydu iPhone X 64GB Space Grey, Delivery scheduled 3 November

Ireland

AidenL iPhone X 256GB Silver, Preparing for Dispatch (delivery scheduled 7 November)

Austria
Bernhard iPhone X 64GB Space Grey, Delivery scheduled 22 - 27 November
Alex_byr iPhone X 256GB Silver, Delivery scheduled 22 - 27 November
_karrol iPhone X 64GB Space Grey, Delivery scheduled 22 - 29 November

Switzerland

ManuCH iPhone X 256GB Space Grey, In-store pickup (3 November)
Needlz iPhone X 256GB Space Grey, Delivery scheduled 14 - 21 November
Geekiemac iPhone X 64GB Space Grey, Delivery scheduled 14 - 21 November

Sweden

Unknownx iPhone X 64GB Space Grey, In-store pickup (3 November)
Bigenius iPhone X 256 Space Grey, Delivery scheduled 3 November

Italy

MattiaC28 iPhone X 256GB Space Grey, Delivery scheduled 21 - 28 November

France

Mannnyyy iPhone X 256GB Silver, Preparing for Shipment
Bibyfok iPhone X 256GB Space Grey, Preparing for Dispatch

Spain

Maikel7505 iPhone X 64GB Silver, Preparing for Shipment
Taigo L iPhone X 256GB Space Grey, Preparing for Dispatch (delivery scheduled 3 November)

Norway

Mortis360 iPhone X 256B Space Grey, Delivery scheduled 13 - 20 November

Poland

Macuserpl iPhone X 256GB Space Grey, Preparing for Shipment
Szastan iPhone X 256GB Space Grey, Preparing for Shipment (delivery scheduled 3 November)

Are you missing yourself or have an update according your order, just write a reply :)

---Edit---

Kind of changing the purpose of this thread.

My credit card was charged yesterday and my order changed to preparing for shipment

Reactions: ales876

zhandri

Suspended
Sep 4, 2012
Ok, thanks. :D I really hope that they use DHL this time again. I ordered the 4K Apple TV and they sent it with DHL, too. The good thing with DHL is that you can schedule your delivery.
DHL ****ed me over so bad on iphone 6 launch day. damn. i never had any bad experiences with them until that day. it was DHL express and was out for delivery... well the driver apparently wasn't very motivated and drove back to the DHL base pretty early that day and at 4 o clock tracking said that nobody was home. Our address is a business address, a pretty big house with a store and we were open at that time. got it the next day luckily cause i was going on vacation the day after. still very frustrating cause i was so excited for the new phone!
[doublepost=1509186110][/doublepost]
My credit card was charged yesterday and my order changed to preparing for shipment
mine is preparing for shipment but nothing on my credit card yet.

SwissGuy93

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2016
Last year I was in the 6-8 working days range and I got it directly from the factory. By living in Italy it of course has gone in Milan (I received it on the 22nd).
Ok, yes after the launch I think they ship it out one after another directly from the factory. But I think the launch stock will be sent out together as it saves costs and the units are already ready.
[doublepost=1509186330][/doublepost]
DHL ****ed me over so bad on iphone 6 launch day. damn. i never had any bad experiences with them until that day. it was DHL express and was out for delivery... well the driver apparently wasn't very motivated and drove back to the DHL base pretty early that day and at 4 o clock tracking said that nobody was home. Our address is a business address, a pretty big house with a store and we were open at that time. got it the next day luckily cause i was going on vacation the day after. still very frustrating cause i was so excited for the new phone!
Uh, that sucks! Are you from Switzerland too? I normally get a text message and then I change the delivery to a pick up station (almost every train station with a manned ticket office in Switzerland is a pick up station).

zhandri

Suspended
Sep 4, 2012
Ok, yes after the launch I think they ship it out one after another directly from the factory. But I think the launch stock will send out together as it saves costs and the units are already ready.
[doublepost=1509186330][/doublepost]
Uh, that sucks! Are you from Switzerland too? I normally get a text message and then I change the delivery to a pick up station (almost every train station with a manned ticket office in Switzerland is a pick up station).
all launch day phones i got from apple were shipped to me from the czech republic so far. i live in germany.

SwissGuy93

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2016
all launch day phones i got from apple were shipped to me from the czech republic so far. i live in germany.
Oh, ok. Yes I think they have some distribution points in different countries and the one that is closest to you will be the own where they send it from.
My 4K Apple TV was also sent out from Milan on the 21.09. and I received it on launch day (22.09.)

Tiago L

macrumors regular
Sep 25, 2017
London
Hello. iPhone X 256 Grey - ordered via Apple.com/es page at around 9:07 and still had the delivery for November the 3rd. Just checked my credit card balance and value has already been taken from Apple. I have no idea where shipments for Spain come from since the only time I purchased an Apple product via the company’s webpage was for a product in stock. Good luck to you all

Reactions: Mydu

Cremerhm

macrumors 6502
Mar 24, 2012
The Netherlands
I am going to quit looking at the Spreadsheet for now .. tx for you're input.
People seem to like it to delete all the info or type random stuff in it ... to bad :-(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.