Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mattburley7

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2011
Just be aware that Apple Senior Support has advised that this, particular, hotfix could take until true end-of-week (Sunday US Time) to deploy. Today would be great, but it may push into the weekend.

interesting never have seen macOS updates on a weekend šŸ§ i would say today or monday

abhi988

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2024
Update to this: it didn't work. I did some research and found out that the issue is related to the firmware.
The solution is to put the MacBook (with issue) into DFU mode and restore it from another working Mac using Apple Configurator, an application available in the Mac App Store.
Update to this: I didn't do the DFU and renew firmware method. Instead, I simply turned off Find My for my Mac, as suggested by many people above, and started the updated, which I had already downloaded from the Mac AppStore. And IT FINALLYYY WORKED!!!
Thank you all for the updates guys!

Al Ferguson

macrumors newbie
Jul 23, 2018
Milwaukee, WI
Can confirmed disabling "Find my Mac" fixed the problem. I also disabled enhanced data protection for good measure.
Ditto. "Find my Mac" caused some issues in the past, different symptoms so it did not ring a bell. Will need to add it to my list of things to try (Reboot Mac, Clear Cache's, ensure adequate free space, and disable "Find my Mac".

BigScott

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2024
Iā€™m not sure if Apple fixed this or not but my M3 that could not be updated last week just updated to MacOS 15 fine. Hereā€™s the one difference. I was updating from home last week. I am on vacation now and just tried again and it went perfectly. Maybe different internet??? No clue but worked now.

Reactions: crimemastergogo

Lynxpoint

macrumors 6502
Jan 13, 2005
I hope this discussed patch fixes things. I have had this issue since I restored my Time Machine onto my new MBP. It is currently on 14.4. At the time, after talking to Apple Support, I decided to wait it out until Sequoia, as I didn't feel like doing the reboot into recovery and reinstall over current install from there. I may yet end up doing that, and hope it works.

crimemastergogo

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2024
I've successfully updated to iOS 14.7 and now 15.0 is being downloaded, after encountering initial issues. It seems Apple has resolved the problem. I recommend attempting the update through Software Update.

Reactions: ImaxGuy

devlucky

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2024
I've successfully updated to iOS 14.7 and now 15.0 is being downloaded, after encountering initial issues. It seems Apple has resolved the problem. I recommend attempting the update through Software Update.
Same here. I was able to update to macOS 14.7 and then 15.0 afterward successfully.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.