Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Asmit

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2024
Bearing in mind that this workaround is not effective for 100% of cases, make sure you do a full restart after you've signed back into iCloud and manually disabled Find My. After a restart, if another install attempt fails, you won't benefit from this workaround, so you'll have to wait on Apple's hotfix due by end-of-week.
this method didn't work for me after multiple attempts

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-09-19 at 11.57.44 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-09-19 at 11.57.44 PM.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 66
  • Screenshot 2024-09-19 at 11.49.26 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-09-19 at 11.49.26 PM.png
    155.3 KB · Views: 48
  • Screenshot 2024-09-19 at 11.52.15 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-09-19 at 11.52.15 PM.png
    388.2 KB · Views: 44
  • Screenshot 2024-09-19 at 11.41.27 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-09-19 at 11.41.27 PM.png
    313.3 KB · Views: 45
Reactions: Michaelgtrusa

ArtemMoshkovich

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2024
I'm not counting on there being a macOS 15.0.1 update.

Wouldn't surprise me if the next update ends up being 15.1, last year there was no 14.0.1, the next update after 14.0 was 14.1.

I see there was a 13.0.1 update so maybe ill be wrong. Who knows at this point.

There been mixed results of a fix coming this week some people that talked with apple support said yes and others said no.
As of this writing, a full hotfix is still scheduled for "end of week," targeting "by Sunday." I know this with certainty as I got off a call with Apple Senior Technical Support just this AM. That guidance is the internal memo they're being given on this issue. Whether it's treated as a .01 revision or something else entirely is up for speculation, but at this time, people can either pursue workaround solutions of the kind being discussed here in this forum or they can sit tight and wait for the hotfix.

leonlink

macrumors newbie
Jan 2, 2013
Hi guys,
I’m returned from the Apple Store, with my Mac updated to 15.0.

The guy at the Genius Bar just told me that they restored it from DFU, nothing more and didn’t want to tell more about it.

So if you have an Apple Store nearby, they should fix it.
Good luck!
IMG_9134.jpeg

BroTim52

macrumors regular
Mar 14, 2013
KY
It worked! Like, what the heck? Congrats to Apple software engineers, what a mess.
Well it installed but now i have another issue and any help is appreciated, i logged out of iCloud and now for some reason after the update when i try to log back in to the iCloud it wont even let me type in my email and password! This is such a messed up update, any suggestions please?

Zelegorm

macrumors regular
Feb 26, 2014
The Log out of iCloud hack worked for me. I could finally install the official version from the App Store:
Again:
- Load the version from the app store
- start the installation but stay in the first screen
- Log out of icloud
- Go on the Next steps in the installation
- complete the installation

What a mess. But it worked.

iBookmaster

macrumors member
Feb 15, 2024
I got the Failed To Personalize error on my wife's 13" M1 MacBook Pro updating to Public Beta 15.1 just now. Tried logging out of iCloud with no success. Logged back in to iCloud and turned off Find My Mac and tried installing again and that worked. Go figure. At least we are getting solutions. First time I've gotten the error while trying to update three different M processor Macs.

Last edited:

adadfromflorida

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2024
Hey guys, so I am currently downloading Sequoia. I turned off the Find My Mac feature, and it's downloading. Will let you know if this works.

g35

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2007
The Log out of iCloud hack worked for me. I could finally install the official version from the App Store:
Again:
- Load the version from the app store
- start the installation but stay in the first screen
- Log out of icloud
- Go on the Next steps in the installation
- complete the installation

What a mess. But it worked.
It has to be in this order? I'm trying to turn off Find My before downloading it and it keeps saying Authentication Error after I turn it off (and it automatically turns it back on/never does turn it off)

Last edited:

Lexdexia

macrumors regular
Jan 15, 2015
Had the same issue when trying to update to Sequoia 15.1 beta just now.

Turning off and on wi-fi via the menu bar worked for me. Weird software bug because my wi-fi is working perfectly fine and I even ran a speed test which showed I am getting high enough speed without any packet loss. AirPort Extreme 6th gen wifi router btw

Citaro

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2024
Well it installed but now i have another issue and any help is appreciated, i logged out of iCloud and now for some reason after the update when i try to log back in to the iCloud it wont even let me type in my email and password! This is such a messed up update, any suggestions please?
I had this also ! Mean password for Apple acc was wrong !! 😑 solution RESTART!!! Then the password was right !!😋😋 Apple ….. 🤨🤨

Swapnil_1702

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2024
Last week I purchased new Macbook M3 Air. I am trying to update it to Sequoia but i am getting error message. I tried to search online but not able to find any solution. I tried to install update in safe mode as well but didn’t work. I installed updated by running the command sudo softwareupdate -i -a -R I am able to download it but still while installing the update it’s giving issues and I am getting an error message as unable to install the update I also tried installing 14.7 but no luck and getting the same error message as attached in screenshot.
I am able to solve this issue…. Just turn off find my mac and give it a try. It worked for me 😊😊

Reactions: ockyrinaldy

ArtemMoshkovich

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2024
why is it not working for me ????
Because this workaround is not a guaranteed solution, Asmit! The bug is on a firmware, root level (as far as we know right now), and it's affecting systems in different ways. For some people, the Find My on-off workaround does the trick, for others the DFU Revive is required, and then for some (read: you), none of the current fixes work. As I mentioned earlier, you've either got to wait for the official hotfix (due by end-of-week) or head to an Apple Store to have a tech do a DFU Revive via another Mac they have on-hand.

Swapnil_1702

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2024
Last week I purchased new Macbook M3 Air. I am trying to update it to Sequoia but i am getting error message. I tried to search online but not able to find any solution. I tried to install update in safe mode as well but didn’t work. I installed updated by running the command sudo softwareupdate -i -a -R I am able to download it but still while installing the update it’s giving issues and I am getting an error message as unable to install the update I also tried installing 14.7 but no luck and getting the same error message as attached in screenshot.

Swapnil_1702

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2024
If you are facing “Failed to personalize the software update. Please try again later” issue then just turn off the find my mac option and give it a try. It worked for me. 😊😊

Swapnil_1702

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2024
If you are facing “Failed to personalize the software update. Please try again later” issue then just turn off the find my mac option and give it a try. It worked for me. 😊😊

mattburley7

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2011
guess we will find out in a hour if there is a fix really coming today 🤷‍♂️ thats when updates usually drop

ArtemMoshkovich

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2024
guess we will find out in a hour if there is a fix really coming today 🤷‍♂️ thats when updates usually drop

Just be aware that Apple Senior Support has advised that this, particular, hotfix could take until true end-of-week (Sunday US Time) to deploy. Today would be great, but it may push into the weekend.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.