Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lorifinoz

macrumors newbie
Aug 20, 2010
2020 MacBook Air here (M1 chip). I had the error. Tried logging out of iCloud and installing from Settings -> General. Didn't work. Logged back into iCloud, tried again and then it did. YMMV!

• Wow
Reactions: iBookmaster

nealrushforth

macrumors newbie
Oct 30, 2014
I had previously tried most of the suggestions including reviving firmware through DFU. None of those worked. I signed out of Apple ID and reran update from settings. This is currently working.
Tried all of the methods above (apart from DFU) and nothing works. Will have to wait it out for Apple to make the fix…..

Reactions: BroTim52

fauzi.ahsani

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2024
UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE

I finnally updated to 15.0

Thank you to @jimbosjetset

I bought a MacBook Air M3 2 weeks ago and also face the same problem: "failed to personalize the software update".
I tried many options and none one work except one.

1. Download macOS Sequoia from appstore (its about 14gb)
2. Cancel installation after it downloaded
3. Sign out from you apple id (!)
4. Close all apps on your mac
5. Go to launchpad and start installing again
6. Wait (it was about 30 min and 1 reload for me)
7. Bingo! you have 15.0 (sign in with you account back and welcome to new macOS)
thanks bro, it's work for me!! 🥳🥳

Laiteau974

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2024
Honestly with all the bugs encountered and all the threads on reddit that I can read about multiples deficiency and bugs about 15.0, I'll just wait a week or two before doing the update...

kagharaht

macrumors 68000
Oct 7, 2007
I have my iMac M3 and wife MBA M2 set on auto update and install. I won't touch it and just let it do its thing. I'm in no rush to jump to this OS. Which seems like a big mess. This yearly update cycle is getting out of hand with quality and testing.

Citaro

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2024
💪😎😋 yea ! I got it to work ! After loading from App Store I try whit and whiteout vpn logging out of Apple no help still the error message! Then I made a restart ,have only my IMac 24‘
Then a new window enter your password to a user you now !!! Never seen this!!!
Ok enter admin pw after a moment he tell your Mac is activate!!
And boot into desktop and BINGO the update run !! Now I am even on 15.1 no problem to install!!! 😎😎😎 certainly AI is not active here in Europe! Thankfully

BroTim52

macrumors regular
Mar 14, 2013
KY
If i go to settings and try to sign out of iCloud it shows this:

I don't want it to remove all my credit cards as I have to readd and reactivate them. I have a lot.
Happy to report this FINALLY worked for me as well. Thank you!
I have a new MacBook Pro M3 and I logged out of my iCloud and this seems to be working its in the process now. Glad someone figured this out.

nealrushforth

macrumors newbie
Oct 30, 2014
DFU revive seems to have done the trick for now. Update is preparing, which is furthest I have got so far. Fingers crossed….

StellarAewyd

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2024
Hey, so there was a solution posted to reddit. You don't have to actually completely sign out of iCloud. Just disable Find My and the update will download, or at least it got mine going.

Reactions: BroTim52

kagharaht

macrumors 68000
Oct 7, 2007
Disabling Find My, Losing out of iCloud, DFU method. No excuse for Apple. This is an amateur junk from Apple. Since an enthusiast since 84 when I first got my 512K Fat Mac, I cannot excuse the mess Apple has done with this update in 2024! What a mess Apple.

BroTim52

macrumors regular
Mar 14, 2013
KY
Disabling Find My, Losing out of iCloud, DFU method. No excuse for Apple. This is an amateur junk from Apple. Since an enthusiast since 84 when I first got my 512K Fat Mac, I cannot excuse the mess Apple has done with this update in 2024! What a mess Apple.

mat3usb

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2024
Hey, so there was a solution posted to reddit. You don't have to actually completely sign out of iCloud. Just disable Find My and the update will download, or at least it got mine going.
It worked! Like, what the heck? Congrats to Apple software engineers, what a mess.

Reactions: 212rikanmofo

Asmit

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2024
am I missing out smth I tried everything mentioned above but still the same problem persists can anyone pls guide me huh
Screenshot 2024-09-19 at 11.41.27 PM.png

Reactions: Michaelgtrusa

walters963

macrumors newbie
Sep 6, 2017
I keep getting this window that pops up whenever I try to update to macOS Sequoia. I am currently on macOS 14.6.1. I'm on an M1 MacBook Pro. It's driving me nuts because I never had problems updating macOS before.
SOLUTION (at least for me). Turn off Find My on your Mac, install, and then re-enable.

ArtemMoshkovich

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2024
am I missing out smth I tried everything mentioned above but still the same problem persists can anyone pls guide me huh
Head to Settings, search "Find My" and disable it. Once disabled, head to Software Update and begin the update process. It'll complete successfully.

Asmit

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2024
Head to Settings, search "Find My" and disable it. Once disabled, head to Software Update and begin the update process. It'll complete successfully.
still....ahh

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-09-19 at 11.49.26 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-09-19 at 11.49.26 PM.png
    155.3 KB · Views: 22
  • Screenshot 2024-09-19 at 11.52.15 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-09-19 at 11.52.15 PM.png
    388.2 KB · Views: 22
Reactions: Michaelgtrusa

mattburley7

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2011
I'm not counting on there being a macOS 15.0.1 update.

Wouldn't surprise me if the next update ends up being 15.1, last year there was no 14.0.1, the next update after 14.0 was 14.1.

I see there was a 13.0.1 update so maybe ill be wrong. Who knows at this point.

There been mixed results of a fix coming this week some people that talked with apple support said yes and others said no.

Last edited:

ArtemMoshkovich

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2024
still....ahh
Bearing in mind that this workaround is not effective for 100% of cases, make sure you do a full restart after you've signed back into iCloud and manually disabled Find My. After a restart, if another install attempt fails, you won't benefit from this workaround, so you'll have to wait on Apple's hotfix due by end-of-week.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.