Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

plinden

macrumors 601
Apr 8, 2004
Huh, I think I’ll pass on this one. Last month was hard and I don’t think I can get any fitter at my age (I’m 55) and I just need a couple weeks rest.

I also got the unity challenge presumably because I completed everything for the past seven days.

Attachments

• 2F17F7A9-544A-4210-B6D0-6899ABD7EB0F.jpeg
    2F17F7A9-544A-4210-B6D0-6899ABD7EB0F.jpeg
    78 KB · Views: 125

millerj123

macrumors 68030
Mar 6, 2008
Huh, I think I’ll pass on this one. Last month was hard and I don’t think I can get any fitter at my age (I’m 55) and I just need a couple weeks rest.

I also got the unity challenge presumably because I completed everything for the past seven days.
Yeah, mine's 86 minutes a day. I don't want to do that much. I don't have the unity, but I don't have the perfect weeks and perfect month for last week and January yet, either. Those usually come through in a day or two.

Reactions: jz0309 and BenAigen

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
In the same boat...wants me to burn over 1k cals/day for the month. Means I'll have to double-down on the exercise bike ...will give it an honest try!
Just gone to bed. Did 938. That’s nearly 100 more than I need to hit the target. I always like to over perform to cover those bad days when work is to demanding.

Canyda

macrumors 65816
Sep 7, 2020
Mine for this month is double my move ring 12 times.

Will be doable but will mean adding an extra workout to my evenings (on top of my morning workout) as I'm working from home and burn pretty much zero calories during the day as a result. At the office, I walk around enough that I can often close my move ring without any actual workout-exercise.

henry72

macrumors 68000
Jun 18, 2009
New Zealand
There was an 'issue', apparently, it counted effort made last week for some.

Yes indeed an issue or a bug. This is just embarrassing for Apple! I’m still a bit annoyed about the awards I have lost back in 2017/18 when I go through them sometimes...

Last edited:

millerj123

macrumors 68030
Mar 6, 2008
Is everyone’s Feb challenge different? Does Apple do customized challenges based on user activity? Because my Feb challenge is different from yours.
Yes, and no, there seem to be 6 base challenges, but it's somewhat based on your prior performance. If you don't have previous challenges, it'll start fairly easy, but build each time from there.

sixtydashone

macrumors 6502
Apr 7, 2020
Mine for this month is double my move ring 12 times.

Will be doable but will mean adding an extra workout to my evenings (on top of my morning workout) as I'm working from home and burn pretty much zero calories during the day as a result. At the office, I walk around enough that I can often close my move ring without any actual workout-exercise.
This is why I bought myself a bike after I started working from home last March. I quickly found that working from home meant I basically wasn't burning any calories because I was no longer walking back and forth between conference rooms or walking over to other people's offices to talk with them.

Reactions: AdrianaP and Canyda

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
This is why I bought myself a bike after I started working from home last March. I quickly found that working from home meant I basically wasn't burning any calories because I was no longer walking back and forth between conference rooms or walking over to other people's offices to talk with them.
Exactly. I have learnt my lesson, but April and May last year I hardly moved.

GrandeLatte

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 2, 2016
Yes, and no, there seem to be 6 base challenges, but it's somewhat based on your prior performance. If you don't have previous challenges, it'll start fairly easy, but build each time from there.
Got it. Just got my watch in October and I've noticed challenges getting harder. I'm trying, but maybe won't win the February one. I just don't know where to get all these miles....

millerj123

macrumors 68030
Mar 6, 2008
Got it. Just got my watch in October and I've noticed challenges getting harder. I'm trying, but maybe won't win the February one. I just don't know where to get all these miles....
I don't want to do 1.5 hours exercise a day, so I'm already blowing February off. I could get it if I just set "other" while I'm standing for work, but realistically, it's just not worth the effort.

Reactions: GrandeLatte

staggerlee41

macrumors 65816
Sep 25, 2017
Pittsburgh, PA
Definitely not loving my challenge, it's going to be difficult--1720 exercise min this month. February. Winter. Pittsburgh. Snow. Polar blast coming next week. This is the bad thing about overachieving in previous months. ?

Good luck to all!

sundialsoft

macrumors regular
Sep 2, 2010
Scotland
Time for February Challenge and Unity Challenge? I'm here!
unity.jpg

I have 'completed' the unity challenge :) Seems a touch too political for an Apple watch challenge. I got the award after 1 day for some reason. I don't think this fits well with the normal challenges. I'm in the UK and I have no interest in black history.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.