Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GrandeLatte

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 2, 2016
I don’t know if I’ll make it this month. It’s too hard. Physically impossible to log that many miles each day for one whole month. What a shame. Wish these challenges gave us two options to pick. And we find one that’s more feasible given current schedule and time availability.

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
I don’t know if I’ll make it this month. It’s too hard. Physically impossible to log that many miles each day for one whole month. What a shame. Wish these challenges gave us two options to pick. And we find one that’s more feasible given current schedule and time availability.
Go for it anyway. Better to try and fail than not try at all.

jz0309

Contributor
Sep 25, 2018
SoCal
go set your own challenge. If at the end of the month you look in the mirror and can say to yourself "I made it", that imho is more important than beating some computer-generted goal that doesn't take any personal circumstances into account.

minik

macrumors demi-god
Jun 25, 2007
somewhere
This shouldn't be an issue. I 'earned' the Unity Challenge badge on the first day as well.

IMG_D-1.jpeg

Runs For Fun

macrumors 65816
Nov 6, 2017
I run about 8-9 miles 6 days a week. It’s possible!

• Haha
Reactions: GrandeLatte

sixtydashone

macrumors 6502
Apr 7, 2020
I would just continue to give it your best shot, within reason, and over time it should start to hone in and give you more attainable yet challenging, err, challenges.

Mistborn15

macrumors regular
Feb 5, 2021
January challenge was very tough.. around 307kms. Managed to complete only on the last day

After that, Feb challenge of 26 workouts of 15 minutes looks easy, possibly the easiest I've got in a year

Captain Trips

macrumors 68000
Jun 13, 2020
So for those who had your Apple Watch for at least a month - I assume you do not get monthly challenges until you have used it for fitness / activities for at least 1 month, right?

That makes sense based on what I am seeing in this discussion since it looks like the monthly challenge is based on your prior acuities and fitness.

But I just got my first AW on Wednesday of this week and so I haven't had it long enough to figure everything out about it. But I am loving it so far, especially the fitness & activity aspects of it. :)

GrandeLatte

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 2, 2016
So for those who had your Apple Watch for at least a month - I assume you do not get monthly challenges until you have used it for fitness / activities for at least 1 month, right?

That makes sense based on what I am seeing in this discussion since it looks like the monthly challenge is based on your prior acuities and fitness.

But I just got my first AW on Wednesday of this week and so I haven't had it long enough to figure everything out about it. But I am loving it so far, especially the fitness & activity aspects of it. :)
I got my AW6 in October. I went and got the medal for November challenge. So yes, I think your first challenge will be the March challenge. Enjoy your new watch. :)

Reactions: Captain Trips

darcyf

macrumors 6502a
Apr 25, 2011
Toronto, ON
Wants me to more than double my exercise ring every day this month. I know a challenge is supposed to be hard to motivate you but that seems kinda extreme ?‍♂️

Protopip3

macrumors member
Jun 30, 2011
Is the Unity Challenge the same as the February Challenge? I only see February Challenge.

Blowback

macrumors 65816
Jan 10, 2018
VA
30 mins, you?
Mine is 30 min which I double most days also...doesn't mean '60 min' all at once...I do 30min. on exercise bike along with 10mi CORE and 10mi HIIT and ....walks or more bike or Functional Strength ...blah , blah, blah. Point is you don't have to do 60min (or whatever the amount is ...) all in one setting. And if you don't make it on some days....big deal: you're already ahead for trying! Lots of days I do 90 or more minutes of exercise. My February Challenge is 27,900 active calories. So far as of today at 7,902. I think I can do it....and if I don't? I'll try and do the March Challenge! (whatever pain that might entail ?!).

Last edited:

darcyf

macrumors 6502a
Apr 25, 2011
Toronto, ON
Mine is 30 min which I double most days also...doesn't mean '60 min' all at once...I do 30min. on exercise bike along with 10mi CORE and 10mi HIIT and ....walks or more bike or Functional Strength ...blah , blah, blah. Point is you don't have to do 60min (or whatever the amount is ...) all in one setting. And if you don't make it on some days....big deal: you're already ahead for trying! Lots of days I do 90 or more minutes of exercise. My February Challenge is 27,900 active calories. So far as of today at 7,902. I think I can do it....and if I don't? I'll try and do the March Challenge! (whatever pain that might entail ?!).
Hey thanks, appreciate you the positive affirmation. I got this watch a few months ago because I wasn’t exercising at all and I’ve closed all my rings every day since I got it, which has been a huge shift for me and I feel great. Doubling that so soon feels a little out of reach for me, but maybe that’s just the push I need to get myself to that next level. Only one way to find out!

• Love
Reactions: Captain Trips

DeepIn2U

macrumors G5
May 30, 2002
Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I know the reports that this was a bug (people getting their Feb 2021 award the first few days ... yet I somehow think - being an easy challenge was exactly the point.

Unity - in any and all forms SHOULD be easy for everyone to achieve.

Ooo this one might be a challenge!

View attachment 1724697

Then again ... the converse seems also to be true amongst all peoples across the globe, that unity is a difficult challenge ahead to be attained.

View attachment 1724795
I have 'completed' the unity challenge :) Seems a touch too political for an Apple watch challenge. I got the award after 1 day for some reason. I don't think this fits well with the normal challenges. I'm in the UK and I have no interest in black history.

Hmmm. And we have those that may have resistance to any form, or just 1 focused form of unity - for whatever reason (not going to get into politics of your opinion here cause it’s your opinion and trying to change it is a futile when I don’t know the reason behind your opinion.

But

For anyone that may feel or think this maybe political for a fitness challenge I’d like those of you in this thought to consider ... fitness unifies the world:

Olympics,
International sports (Soccer/Futbol, Basketball, Football, Rugby - amongst the worlds most popular: professional or played from teams to children on a global scale here).

Olympics features many individual sports: 100m/110m Hurdles, Gymnastics, wrestling, Karate, Jin-Jitsu, various swimming lengths (I don’t know them all sorry), etc ... while ... also featuring many team sports: 400m relay, Soccer, Tennis doubles, etc.

In ALL of these events ... there is a UNITY of various cultures, segmented people (aka races), that ALL strive to better themselves through professional yet friendly competition! Many of these competitors have establish beautiful friendships regardless of financial backing or how they live lives in their home towns after competitions are done. Each and every one strives to improve the metrics of health and physical fitness.

Bodybuilding & Cross-Fit literary are global sports that emphasis determination, will, physical fitness and stamina ... and many of these competitors, both male and female have long lasting friendships even those that live in different continents across the globe!

My point is ... ‘unity’ is not just a badge to highlight Apples support for BHM/BLM ... but how unity in achieving your physical goals and best can transcend into opening our eyes and hearts to better lives and friendships.

PS: sorry, maybe I’m naive to think this, to hope for this ... I look back on a particular olympics in history that shocked the world when two men heavily groomed to compete as champions for their nations - and even more (less ideal ideology), their true spirit of competition could NOT be crushed - forming a friendship amongst them.

So keep pushing forward everyone, I‘ll join in later with futile attempts as I’m starting out rock bottom next week compared to many of you - but I’m thankful for the competitive aspect of improving one another health.

Cheers.

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Hey thanks, appreciate you the positive affirmation. I got this watch a few months ago because I wasn’t exercising at all and I’ve closed all my rings every day since I got it, which has been a huge shift for me and I feel great. Doubling that so soon feels a little out of reach for me, but maybe that’s just the push I need to get myself to that next level. Only one way to find out!
I’ve had my SE since watch and I’ve gone from an average of 3-5k steps a day, to nearly 12k this month. I doubled my move goal everyday this month so far to hit my monthly target. See how the rest of the month goes.

Blowback

macrumors 65816
Jan 10, 2018
VA
You're welcome! Forgot who said it ....something about a long journey being 'one step after another...' but you know what I mean. Do what you can and stay motivated ...besides: we're all 'locked in/out' at the moment and if you don't 'do your exercises'....you can't have any pudding (Pink Floyd) or much , much worse: you'll have to watch daytime TV?!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.