Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JDDavis

macrumors 65816
Jan 16, 2009
Pdxflint, that is an amazing capture.
I really feel as though I'm there, ready for the jump...
leading down into the unknown, below the mystic clouds...the warm colours in the sky against a cold landscape adding great emotion. Excellent.
Keep coming back to this one to dream :p
Thanks for sharing!

Agreed on all accounts. Detail is so hard to get in snow and you nailed it. This pic makes me miss riding a lot. Can't bring myself to ride out here on the east coast.

JDDavis

macrumors 65816
Jan 16, 2009
Here's a submission for height. BTW, the crowds in DC are maddening this weekend.

Attachments

• _DSC5936.jpg
    _DSC5936.jpg
    570.4 KB · Views: 116

Sheepy

macrumors newbie
Apr 4, 2010
My first post on MacRumors...

...so be kind chaps.

Canon 20D, 24-90mm f2.8L.

Sheep.

PS - it looks better at full-resolution. Colour rendering is pants in the preview.

Attachments

• _MG_0130_edited.jpg
    _MG_0130_edited.jpg
    679.5 KB · Views: 148

deep diver

macrumors 68030
Jan 17, 2008
Philadelphia.
...so be kind chaps.

Welcome to MR and our happy little group. I think it's cool that you made this your first post. We hope you will both post and comment. We are always nice and kind. :)

I really like this image. The reflection in the sheep's eye really makes me wonder what the animal is seeing and thinking. The only thing I might do differently is crop just a very small amount from the top to get the center of the eye above the vertical center.

mtbdudex

macrumors 68030
Aug 28, 2007
SE Michigan
"Stare down"
_MG_2508.jpg

My black Lab-Great Dane 10 year old dog, "Jedi", was chilling out after playing Frisbee with me last fall.
I liked his look and got my T1i and took some shots of him.
This was very early in me getting the T1i, I used the pop-up flash as fill flash. Minor/basic PP done.

JDDavis

macrumors 65816
Jan 16, 2009
"Stare down"
_MG_2508.jpg

My black Lab-Great Dane 10 year old dog, "Jedi", was chilling out after playing Frisbee with me last fall.
This was very early in me getting the T1i, I used the pop-up flash as fill flash. Minor/basic PP done.

Wow...the hyperness of a lab and the size of a Great Dane. Sounds like a dangerous combo. It makes me miss our black lab. She's with my parents now since we can't have pets here.

I think it's composed very nicely and shows what he was feeling at the moment. My only complaint is that for this shot I think everything out to his nose needs to be in focus. The blurry nose keeps drawing my eye down away from his eyes.

Sheepy

macrumors newbie
Apr 4, 2010
Welcome to MR and our happy little group. I think it's cool that you made this your first post. We hope you will both post and comment. We are always nice and kind. :)

I really like this image. The reflection in the sheep's eye really makes me wonder what the animal is seeing and thinking. The only thing I might do differently is crop just a very small amount from the top to get the center of the eye above the vertical center.

Thank you!

It's a horse though...

S.

telecomm

macrumors 65816
Nov 30, 2003
Rome
"Stare down"
_MG_2508.jpg

I think it's composed very nicely and shows what he was feeling at the moment. My only complaint is that for this shot I think everything out to his nose needs to be in focus. The blurry nose keeps drawing my eye down away from his eyes.

I like the composition too, but maybe also take the sharpening down a bit?

sukanas

macrumors 6502a
Nov 15, 2007
not really 'original' but one of my favorites

C&C welcomed

Attachments

• 20100403_80.jpg
    20100403_80.jpg
    762.8 KB · Views: 103

Chappers

macrumors 68020
Aug 12, 2003
At home
Here is my entry,
From an adoptables shoot I did
I'd like to see this fine animal with a less distracting back ground - I hope you come back with this - great dog.

I took this one from my house the other day:

P-Worm
I not sure about the crop of this - it needs more ground - is that possible. I also live in a mountainous area and stuff does get in the way - great colours though.

C&C welcomed
I'd crop this - especially on the right hand size - needs a little work - sometimes cropping is everything. Nice and clear though.

NeGRit0

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2008
Las Vegas, Nv
Finally feeling bold enough...

Shot this Saturday morning through my kitchen window as i didnt want to scare it away by sliding the glass door open. Also, this is one of my first fully manual shots. Even MF. Other than some cropping this is SOOC. I am quite pleased with the results. What do you guys/gals think?

Exif Info:
Exposure: 0.006 sec (1/160)
Aperture: f/8.0
Focal Length: 300 mm
ISO Speed: 100

NeGRit0

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2008
Las Vegas, Nv
Now for the comments...

Awesome perspective, and kudos on the hand holding.

Love the DOF on this, well done.

...so be kind chaps.

I like this a lot, but i like finding ways to creatively place myself in the photo as well. I have a similar shot, but I'm reflected in my ex's sunglasses.

I think the flash makes the dog look too shiny. Maybe even wet, or greasy? :confused:

I dig it... and i swear this same shot, or one VERY similar is/was pre-loaded on my brother-in-laws HTC HD2.

deep diver

macrumors 68030
Jan 17, 2008
Philadelphia.

Designer Dale

macrumors 68040
Mar 25, 2009
Folding space
Here's my height entry.
DSC_0588.jpg
^ Great shot. Really stopped me when I checked the new Challenge.

^ As others have said, this is a great bit of photography. It has a grand feeling of scale, and chill, too... The edit with the PS work is good. I can usually see that stuff and it bothers me more than stray peeps...:)

^ Great cat photos, guys!

^ Great contribution, Ish. Unusual photo of the Tower. The base really gives the feel of mass that the structure has. The edit with the increased saturation is well done. Thanks.

"Stare down"
_MG_2508.jpg
^ Great photo of your dog. I love the character and depth of expression in his eyes. Nice composition and focus.

^ I like the feel in the eyes and the texture of the coat. What breed of dog is this. Looks a bit like a Staffordshire terrier.

Nice photos by all.

Dale

Chappers

macrumors 68020
Aug 12, 2003
At home
Shot this Saturday morning through my kitchen window as i didnt want to scare it away by sliding the glass door open. Also, this is one of my first fully manual shots. Even MF. Other than some cropping this is SOOC. I am quite pleased with the results. What do you guys/gals think?

I think I'd crop it some more - I love the colour tones that flow though this but I'd bring it in a bit tighter. Quite a change for you - nice work and nice eye.
Now its only a personal opinion I tried what I thought - cloned out the grass too. I was trying to use the fence poles as a pseudo frame

Attachments

• 4487335413_fca184c501_b.jpg
    4487335413_fca184c501_b.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 88
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.