Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Chappers

macrumors 68020
Aug 12, 2003
At home

Attachments

• Corner - resize.jpg
    Corner - resize.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 254
  • the_beatles1967_1970-front.jpg
    the_beatles1967_1970-front.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 84

Chappers

macrumors 68020
Aug 12, 2003
At home
Cool. Very similar. I think this might have been at a hospital building in Chicago. Regardless, these are clearly shot by 2 equally briiliant photographers. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Excuse me. I think I'll go be sick now. :D:D:D:D

You forgot to mention "Modest" photographer.

PS. Loved the quartz shot in the Weekly Photo Contest by the way.

Designer Dale

macrumors 68040
Mar 25, 2009
Folding space
Downtown Kalamazoo, Michigan during a brief spot of sun. It alternated between rain, wind, snow and sunshine most of the day.

kalamazootower.jpg

EXIF Summary: 1/250s f/8.0 ISO100 Tamron 28-75 2.8@28mm

Dale

azkennedy

macrumors newbie
Mar 30, 2010
The Desert...
With kids, on-the-fly and not set up are about all you can get, lol. ... I tend to HATE studio shots of kids, simply because they look completely fake. Anyone who is around, or had kids, know they don't sit still unless theyre asleep, lol. So I feel take two or three hundred shots in a 15 minutes span is worth it to get a "real" portrait of that kid.

As a father of a 2 year old I completely agree with this :)

I finally got around to editing some shots of my daughter from Easter. These glasses crack me up:
4491528485_234c3c090a_o.jpg

Chappers

macrumors 68020
Aug 12, 2003
At home

JDDavis

macrumors 65816
Jan 16, 2009
As a father of a 2 year old I completely agree with this :)

I finally got around to editing some shots of my daughter from Easter. These glasses crack me up:
4491528485_234c3c090a_o.jpg

Very nice shot and the glasses are awesome. It seems most of my daughters pictures are like this. With a shadow on the face. Is that a common problem with "kids on the fly"? Makes sense that the natural tendency would be to not stare into the sun. I took a lot of shots of my daughter playing soccer this week and most were with a shadow on her face. I guess you just have to be in the right position to have a chance.

azkennedy

macrumors newbie
Mar 30, 2010
The Desert...
Very nice shot and the glasses are awesome. It seems most of my daughters pictures are like this. With a shadow on the face. Is that a common problem with "kids on the fly"? Makes sense that the natural tendency would be to not stare into the sun. I took a lot of shots of my daughter playing soccer this week and most were with a shadow on her face. I guess you just have to be in the right position to have a chance.

I'd say that about half my outside shots of her end up this way just because I'm trying to get decent angles and focus quickly. Unfortunately, this means lighting often ends up as one of my last concerns. It's amazing how fast kids can move and change directions :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.