Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

co.ag.2005

macrumors 68020
Jun 17, 2009
Fort Worth, TX
Caught this on my Pixel 2 XL this morning while blowing bubbles with my 2 year old daughter. Pretty cool to see the reflection of the trees in my backyard! Not sure if imgur compressed the photo but thought it turned out pretty good!

bstOUXd.jpg

Mark316

macrumors regular
Oct 2, 2012
Been loving my Pixel 2 so far, everything has been working very well. The only complaint I have is the double tap to wake has been fairly inconsistent. Sometimes I feel like I have to tap the screen 6 times before it registers anything. Not a huge deal but noticable.

Reactions: Pillar and 5105973

Aneres11

macrumors 601
Oct 2, 2011

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
Got the April Security updates last night on my P2XL. Haven't noticed any differences......meanwhile my S9+ is still on the February update :mad:

Reactions: Aneres11

Bass

macrumors regular
May 13, 2005
UK
A fair few people on Reddit saying the latest update has improved battery life...have to say, I think I can say the same too on my 2 XL.

JaySoul

macrumors 68030
Jan 30, 2008
A fair few people on Reddit saying the latest update has improved battery life...have to say, I think I can say the same too on my 2 XL.

Same for me. It's only been 18 hours but already noticed a difference.

Bass

macrumors regular
May 13, 2005
UK
Great to hear the patch seems to be positive!

I'm sure I can hear another Pixel 2 calling your name :p

If the P20 Pro doesn't work out for you, come on back home! (I will be interested to hear your thoughts on the Huawei, though).

Aneres11

macrumors 601
Oct 2, 2011
I'm sure I can hear another Pixel 2 calling your name :p

If the P20 Pro doesn't work out for you, come on back home! (I will be interested to hear your thoughts on the Huawei, though).

Haha, unfortunately, I think my time with the Pixel 2 is done now.
One of my favourite phones the smaller Pixel 2 though, just a shame about the issues. I still love it though.

The only thing that might stop me gelling with the P20 Pro is if the camera doesn't live up to expectations in everyday useage, or if EMUI gets in the way too much. Or both! (Hopefully not though...)

I am glad that the battery seems to be improving with this Pixel 2 update though as that was the only thing ruining an otherwise incredible phone.

Reactions: Bass and jamezr

Lobwedgephil

macrumors 603
Apr 7, 2012

Too early for me to really tell, but it did hold a charge a bit better overnight last night. It was a maintenance release as well so they apparently fixed a bunch of issues.

jpiszcz

macrumors 6502
Mar 28, 2010
Too early for me to really tell, but it did hold a charge a bit better overnight last night. It was a maintenance release as well so they apparently fixed a bunch of issues.

For those with iPhones iPhone 8 or 8+ how does the battery compare ?

Wildo6882

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2015
Illinois
Haha, unfortunately, I think my time with the Pixel 2 is done now.
One of my favourite phones the smaller Pixel 2 though, just a shame about the issues. I still love it though.

The only thing that might stop me gelling with the P20 Pro is if the camera doesn't live up to expectations in everyday useage, or if EMUI gets in the way too much. Or both! (Hopefully not though...)

I am glad that the battery seems to be improving with this Pixel 2 update though as that was the only thing ruining an otherwise incredible phone.

Did you already move on from the iPhone X?

Aneres11

macrumors 601
Oct 2, 2011
Did you already move on from the iPhone X?

Nooo.
The iPhone is my main device (and I won't be selling it) and the P20 Pro will be a secondary phone on a second line which will allow me to tinker with Android, and have a better camera. According to early impressions from tech reviewers etc.

The iPhone camera is good, but it is not as good as the top Android phones and is the only thing about the X that I'm not crazy on.

Having said that, I am loving the X and really pleased I went back to it. It just works so well for me and the battery is very good indeed. Sometimes, the simplicity of iOS is refreshing. I plan on getting an Apple Watch next month, so the iPhone will always be a keeper now.

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
Got the April Security updates last night on my P2XL. Haven't noticed any differences......meanwhile my S9+ is still on the February update :mad:
I will be hacking your S9+. Mwahahaha!

Actually I can barely operate my own television set, so you’re safe from me. This is the trade off going with a non Android One or non pixel device. I must admit I didn’t even stop to think about it being April already, once I got past the April Fools jokes.

I love my Pixel 2, but my Samsung has an edge over it, no pun intended. The hardware is just better. But if Google and their poached HTC engineers come through they can easily steal me back from Samsung, especially since I’m still using my Pixel a lot. It would help to keep them notch free and give them back the headphone jack, but I have a feeling that’s not going to happen. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Aneres11 and jamezr

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
I will be hacking your S9+. Mwahahaha!

Actually I can barely operate my own television set, so you’re safe from me. This is the trade off going with a non Android One or non pixel device. I must admit I didn’t even stop to think about it being April already, once I got past the April Fools jokes.

I love my Pixel 2, but my Samsung has an edge over it, no pun intended. The hardware is just better. But if Google and their poached HTC engineers come through they can easily steal me back from Samsung, especially since I’m still using my Pixel a lot. It would help to keep them notch free and give them back the headphone jack, but I have a feeling that’s not going to happen. :rolleyes:
I hope the Pixel 3 will improve on the hardware end. If they can leverage the HTC staff know how and pair that with the always smooth software side of things then they will have a great phone in the Pixel 3.

Hoping to see wireless charging added this year as well.

Reactions: 5105973

jpiszcz

macrumors 6502
Mar 28, 2010
Does anyone carry an 8 Plus and a Pixel XL2 how does battery life compare between the two over 24 hours without charging?

Lobwedgephil

macrumors 603
Apr 7, 2012
Does anyone carry an 8 Plus and a Pixel XL2 how does battery life compare between the two over 24 hours without charging?

iPhone 8 Plus battery is a little better in my use, but pretty close. Pixel 2 XL is about as good of battery life as I have had on an android phone though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.