Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MrGuder

macrumors 68040
Nov 30, 2012
I got my new 15" TB last night 450 Radeon and 2 weird things happened when I first lifted the screen it flashed this orange multi color right before you select your country. Then it did it one more time during the set up period. It hasn't done it again so I'm thinking it was just the graphics card settling in once I turned it on for the first time.

nylon

macrumors 65816
Oct 26, 2004
I had constant grphics issues with my early 2013 15" rMBP. There were glitches with Safari graphics. Random freezes and reboots. Most of it was solved with software. These are teething products with a new product. I'm sure they will be fixed.

hj8ag

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2014
So I'm having the issue on my new machine too (15" 460 with 4GB VRAM).

Massive graphics issues with Premiere Pro but also have had a few smaller ones with Sierra itself. Happens randomly when using premiere (not exclusive to rendering!)

Called Apple support and they were pretty useless... Had me reset the NVRAM, which seemed like it had worked until just now. Screen looks like below, flickers between this and neon pink/teal/purple and seizure inducing speeds and then locks up. Completely stops responding to any input.

Do we have a consensus yet on if this is an Adobe issue or a Hardware issue?

tL5xcx7.jpg

jerryk

macrumors 604
Nov 3, 2011
SF Bay Area

Massive graphics issues with Premiere Pro but also have had a few smaller ones with Sierra itself. Happens randomly when using premiere (not exclusive to rendering!)

Called Apple support and they were pretty useless... Had me reset the NVRAM, which seemed like it had worked until just now. Screen looks like below, flickers between this and neon pink/teal/purple and seizure inducing speeds and then locks up. Completely stops responding to any input.

tL5xcx7.jpg

I am starting to see the same thing on my 2015 15" rMBP. Without running any Adobe apps. I think there is something wrong with Apple's drivers.

Jaekae

macrumors 6502a
Dec 4, 2012
I am starting to see the same thing on my 2015 15" rMBP. Without running any Adobe apps. I think there is something wrong with Apple's drivers.

I think its something wrong in the switching between iGPU and dGPU drivers. Apple dont like to ever admit something is wrong for customers. So they try fix it silently. Same with my thunderbolt audio card, it give kernel panics and apple support had no clue what the cause was and said that i had to contact the manufacturer. When i did the manufacturer contacted apple engineers and they told them that it was a known problem and that they work on a fix right now..

reubenhernandez

macrumors newbie
Jan 4, 2017
Antarctica + NYC
The Apple repair person I spoke to in Austin told me the logic board needed to be replaced but that part was on backorder. I was so frustrated with my experience that I returned my spec'd out 15" tbMBP for a full refund. I don't trust these machines at all and doubt 10.12.3 will fix it.

tL5xcx7.jpg

sirix

macrumors member
Oct 15, 2008
When I upgraded to the latest beta, the problems came back! Anyone else? :(

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-02-11 at 7.11.48 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-02-11 at 7.11.48 PM.png
    618 KB · Views: 308

skaro

macrumors member
Oct 7, 2004
When I upgraded to the latest beta, the problems came back! Anyone else? :(

Yes - problem is back in the latest betas for me also. In one sense I'm glad as it at least seems to confirm its a software issue.

NicktheNorse

macrumors member
Aug 11, 2009
Anyone seeing partial black frame flicker when viewing full screen videos (HTML5) in firefox?

See video of issue here from woody_nz:

I'm having this issue. It is solved by turning hardware acceleration off in firefox, which suggests it's probably a driver issue. Does not occur in Safari.

G.Beard

macrumors newbie
Aug 3, 2018
I had constant grphics issues with my early 2013 15" rMBP. There were glitches with Safari graphics. Random freezes and reboots. Most of it was solved with software. These are teething products with a new product. I'm sure they will be fixed.

That's the GT650... Harware issue, not software. U8900 not correctly soldered.
MUX-REGs kernel panic, black screens and restarts. Nothing to do with software.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.