Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kal Madda

macrumors 65816
Nov 2, 2022
As someone who originally used MacOS and uses iPadOS on a daily basis, I disagree - iPadOS is like an early 2000’s dumb phone compared to using Windows 7. Once you learn the hard limitations of apps and iPadOS, you can’t unsee them, especially if you are unable to do what you naturally should have been able to do. Like it or not, VisionOS will replace MacOS and iPadOS/iOS one day, and even VisionOS is less mature and less useful than iPadOS currently… so as it stands, Apple has a lot of progress to pave through. Sure, maybe I sound too forward-looking, yet iPadOS is a far-fetch from a multitasking machine. You can hardly have 10 browser tabs open, let alone 3 apps at once - and I’m talking about the latest iPad Pro 13”.

Might I also add… Apple finally added function keys to the iPad, so you can sure bet there is a bigger iPadOS update coming.
I also used macOS before switching to iPadOS, and I believe that iPadOS is most of the way there to being equal with macOS. I didn’t say iPadOS couldn’t improve any, of course it can, and so can macOS, but I think iPadOS is the OS that should run on iPads, not macOS. To me, it makes more sense to incorporate more Mac features and software into iPadOS in a way that makes sense for the iPad and it’s touch interactions, rather than trying to shoehorn a desktop cursor optimized OS onto the iPad. Rather than replacing iPadOS with macOS, just keep improving iPadOS and add more macOS functions and features.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.