Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MrGimper

macrumors G3
Sep 22, 2012
Andover, UK
This statement applies to all Apple products these days down to the iPhone and Macs. There is very little software available on any of them that will stress out an M-series processor or even a recent A-series chip, bugs notwithstanding on the iPhone 15 Pro’s. Just think of all the software you run on your Macs and iPhones. To me, the only things that come close to creating heat or throttling are games, and most of those don’t either. Even a standard 4K video rendering doesn’t make any current Apple device sweat. To the vast majority, the M1 versions of iPad or Mac are more than enough. People in these forums, though, tend to prefer having the biggest and best of everything, even if we don’t need the power.
Yep ... I'm more than happy to stick with my M1 12.9. And I went over-the-top on my Macbook and went with a 16" M3 Max 16/40.

Reactions: tobybrut

tobybrut

macrumors 65816
Sep 10, 2010
iPhonedo have an M4 unboxing and review up.
Everyone does. I think there was a 2:00PM PDT blackout time that just expired. Right at 2:00 (5:00 EDT), a flood of YouTube notifications popped up for all the big YouTubers.

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
Playing games on this is going to be SO good... well, depending on how the devices handle heat, at least. 😅
My hunch tells me the heat handling will be just as bad as M1, and that bad boy can’t withstand long term (30min+) gameplay of genshin and Honkai Star Rail at all.

svish

macrumors G4
Nov 25, 2017
Impressive but with the limitation of iPadOS, don't think it matters much.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.