Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

athousandbands

macrumors G3
Jun 5, 2019
Discord
Bleu Jean Tricot 41
1713482511174.png

FTyler

macrumors member
Jun 1, 2022
Having a look at the Tricot bands I am always torn between "wow looks cool" and "no, ma, you do not need to knit watchbands for me".
I feel the same way, lol. Although the Tricot bands are really starting to grow on me, I always wonder what the casual observer thinks when they see a knitted textile band. As much as I love and appreciate the craftsmanship of Hermès, I still have a hard time with spending the same amount of money on these as I would on their leather straps.

axantas

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2015
Home
Well clearly none of you have ever seen the LL Bean runway presentation at Paris Fashion Week lolol
Good point - I did not, but i Googled it. Knitting includes the opportunity to add a tiny bit of a second color to your work, which would have greatly improved that knitted band.

...still tempted to get one, just to have one. 😇

athousandbands

macrumors G3
Jun 5, 2019
Discord
Good point - I did not, but i Googled it. Knitting includes the opportunity to add a tiny bit of a second color to your work, which would have greatly improved that knitted band.

...still tempted to get one, just to have one. 😇
I’ve got in on wrist for the first time today and there’s certainly a jarring contrast between the granny and the hulk of metal that is the watch, but the detailing in the band makes it all work.

Like with the Bridon, comfort is a fairly large factor. It also doesn’t hurt that this blue is very rich and pleasing. Need a deal on the Naples now.

axantas

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2015
Home
I’ve got in on wrist for the first time today and there’s certainly a jarring contrast between the granny and the hulk of metal that is the watch, but the detailing in the band makes it all work.

Like with the Bridon, comfort is a fairly large factor. It also doesn’t hurt that this blue is very rich and pleasing. Need a deal on the Naples now.
Don't try to seduce me... 🤣

FTyler

macrumors member
Jun 1, 2022
I'm probably the last person to have figured this out, but I was searching for solutions as to why some of the Hermès faces, especially Circulaire and the new Radial, are so dim in locked screen mode. Was happy to stumble across another thread that suggested telling Siri to disable the Auto Brightness setting, as it seems to be hidden from the menu.

I experimented and discovered that if I disable the setting while the wake screen is exposed to a strong light, the locked screen is nearly as bright as when in wake mode. The setting hasn't made a drastic change in battery consumption either. Now, if only the Blanc and Indigo Circulaire faces would retain their wake color when locked... but now I'm just getting greedy, lol.

Attachments

• IMG_6745.jpeg
    IMG_6745.jpeg
    385.1 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_6744.jpeg
    IMG_6744.jpeg
    384 KB · Views: 29

athousandbands

macrumors G3
Jun 5, 2019
Discord
I'm probably the last person to have figured this out, but I was searching for solutions as to why some of the Hermès faces, especially Circulaire and the new Radial, are so dim in locked screen mode. Was happy to stumble across another thread that suggested telling Siri to disable the Auto Brightness setting, as it seems to be hidden from the menu.

I experimented and discovered that if I disable the setting while the wake screen is exposed to a strong light, the locked screen is nearly as bright as when in wake mode. The setting hasn't made a drastic change in battery consumption either. Now, if only the Blanc and Indigo Circulaire faces would retain their wake color when locked... but now I'm just getting greedy, lol.
How is it at night?

FTyler

macrumors member
Jun 1, 2022
How is it at night?
Just as bright as daylight or a bright room, wake and asleep. Strangely enough, the regular brightness control (bright/medium/dim) doesn't have any affect while the Auto Brightness feature is disabled. So you can't manually lower the brightness, but that doesn't bother me.

Reactions: athousandbands

athousandbands

macrumors G3
Jun 5, 2019
Discord
Just as bright as daylight or a bright room, wake and asleep. Strangely enough, the regular brightness control (bright/medium/dim) doesn't have any affect while the Auto Brightness feature is disabled. So you can't manually lower the brightness, but that doesn't bother me.
It’s always broken my brain a bit that they have auto and also manual lol. But then I stop thinking about it and, rare in the ecosystem these days, It Just Works.

soulsteelgray

macrumors regular
Mar 20, 2012
I saw (and tried on) the bleu jean attelage double tour band in person today and was… whelmed. The hue was not what I envisioned.

When I look back at what the non-attelage double tour seems to look like in photos, it appears that what Hermès is calling bleu jean for this season for the leather bands isn’t the same.

Unfortunately the boutique did not have the bleu jean tricot for me to view in person.

JanoschR

macrumors 6502
Oct 1, 2011
Germany
Interesting. Comparing the pics in the Bandbreite app seems to confirm that the 2015-Bleu Jean is more saturated.

Attachments

• IMG_0139.jpeg
    IMG_0139.jpeg
    331.5 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_0140.jpeg
    IMG_0140.jpeg
    308.6 KB · Views: 29

FTyler

macrumors member
Jun 1, 2022
It’s always broken my brain a bit that they have auto and also manual lol. But then I stop thinking about it and, rare in the ecosystem these days, It Just Works.
Interesting behavior the last few nights. After the nightly charge, the watch's auto brightness kicks back in, even though the setting is still turned "off". If I repeat the process of turning it back on momentarily, then turn it off while under a bright light, it stays very bright again for the whole day--face up & down--until I charge it again for the night. Bizarre.

Reactions: the future

athousandbands

macrumors G3
Jun 5, 2019
Discord
Interesting behavior the last few nights. After the nightly charge, the watch's auto brightness kicks back in, even though the setting is still turned "off". If I repeat the process of turning it back on momentarily, then turn it off while under a bright light, it stays very bright again for the whole day--face up & down--until I charge it again for the night. Bizarre.
So you can be, like, watching tv in a dark room at night and the watch is just blazingly bright when you look at it?

FTyler

macrumors member
Jun 1, 2022
So you can be, like, watching tv in a dark room at night and the watch is just blazingly bright when you look at it?
Yep, exactly. The sleep/wake brightness is the same in a dark room as it is outside while the auto brightness hack is active. I just wish the Hermès faces weren't so dim in face-down mode under the normal auto settings. All the standard faces seem fairly bright face-down, so don't know why the Hermès faces behave so differently.

Vangeli

macrumors 6502
May 15, 2021
The Apple Watch is generally viewed as not fashionable and simply a gadget to those who care more for mechanical watches. Not having it be so blaring may make sense in the circles that Hermès wearers likely find themselves.

GrandeLatte

macrumors 6502a
Jul 2, 2016
Sorry to post something unrelated to the new straps just days after the release (I'm still hyped!) - but I wanted share a recent project I've been working on that I figured people here might like.

I've slowly built up a collection of Hermes bands over the years like many people in this thread, and having recently got into photography I figured I'd combine my love of the two hobbies. I got the image below printed up a few weeks ago and it now sits proudly in my office. Hope people like it (especially double tour lovers!) :)

View attachment 2356278
I love the pink. I missed Rose Texas, I missed Rose Mexico. I know I can still get Rose Azalee in a different country through a friend. Should I pull the trigger?

GrandeLatte

macrumors 6502a
Jul 2, 2016
Do it not only because it’s perfect pink but because I don’t think I’ve seen one for sale outside the one I grabbed off a random resale site.
It IS the perfect pink isn't it? I agree.

I thought about getting Rose Azalee in a handbag, small leather goods, or at least a clic clac bracelet. But the only reason I hesitate is because I'm not sure I'll always be an Hermes AW user. I'm tired of my S7 battery drain, tired of wearing the watch to monitor everything. I kind of want to go back to traditional watches.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.