Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BillGates1969

macrumors 68000
Sep 11, 2008
Poole, UK
Kraft/Orange. And an Earl Grey tea!

IMG_5973.jpeg

Really is a summer band

IMG_5974.jpeg

KVet1979

macrumors member
Oct 14, 2020
I thought I’d share my experience with our “friends” at Hermes. So, I have three Kilim bands, absolutely love them. A few months ago, I attached my orange band and it wouldn’t stay in place, it kept sliding out. On inspection I found that the central rubber “stopper” (one of three) had fallen off from the long strap. I had owned the strap for less than three months so contacted Hermes expecting a replacement. No, they said, it needed inspection and possible repair. I sent it off and waited. And waited. And waited. In the meantime I had next to no updates and thought that they had lost the band. No, they assured me, they still had it and would be sending it back to me asap. To get to this point had taken 7 weeks. Two further weeks went by and I finally received my band back. Only no repair had been done, it was in exactly the same state, still faulty.

Absolutely terrible customer service and I have no idea where to go from here….

dmccombs

macrumors 6502a
May 13, 2013
I thought I’d share my experience with our “friends” at Hermes. So, I have three Kilim bands, absolutely love them. A few months ago, I attached my orange band and it wouldn’t stay in place, it kept sliding out. On inspection I found that the central rubber “stopper” (one of three) had fallen off from the long strap. I had owned the strap for less than three months so contacted Hermes expecting a replacement. No, they said, it needed inspection and possible repair. I sent it off and waited. And waited. And waited. In the meantime I had next to no updates and thought that they had lost the band. No, they assured me, they still had it and would be sending it back to me asap. To get to this point had taken 7 weeks. Two further weeks went by and I finally received my band back. Only no repair had been done, it was in exactly the same state, still faulty.

Maybe ask your Credit Card company to reverse the charge?

TorontoSS

macrumors 65816
Nov 9, 2009

that's absolutely awful. i really hate how luxury companies take their customers for granted like this. did anyone tell you why it was not repaired? i'm sorry you had to deal with that!

Reactions: btrach144

Diopter

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2023
That’s terrible service 😕

Whenever possible I buy my bands from Apple because I know they’ll always be better to deal with if there’s an issue (but of course, unfortunately, not all of the bands are available directly from Apple!).

KVet1979

macrumors member
Oct 14, 2020
That’s terrible service 😕

Whenever possible I buy my bands from Apple because I know they’ll always be better to deal with if there’s an issue (but of course, unfortunately, not all of the bands are available directly from Apple!).
Just FYI, if you buy a Hermes band through Apple and it develops a fault, you still need to send it to Hermes for assessment, Apple wont touch it for replacement.

AndrewR23

Contributor
Jun 24, 2010
Just FYI, if you buy a Hermes band through Apple and it develops a fault, you still need to send it to Hermes for assessment, Apple wont touch it for replacement.
This is true but if you push hard enough, Apple will just send you a brand new Hermes band or an apple gift card to buy one. Ive gotten both after HORRIBLE experiences with Hermes

axantas

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2015
Home
This is indeed very interesting and I am kind of astonished. You buy something at luxury Hermès and need to be aware, that there is no such thing like caring for customers, if you are not a customer in luxury class, but only a humble Apple Watch Hermès buyer.

I will keep that in mind, dear Hermès - knowing, that you do not care about it...

Reactions: toughkitty5

axantas

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2015
Home
While I agree that Hermes customer service is horrible and they need to stand by their products, their typical and intended customer base just throws away anything that breaks and buys a new one.
Ok - I have to accept that objection. You are probably right. 🤣

Purga

macrumors member
May 12, 2015
talking about service:
i have a noir goliath band that is starting to get white spots from scratching at the leather.
Is it worth it to repair or is this just a throw-away article in the eyes of HERMES?

axantas

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2015
Home
talking about service:
i have a noir goliath band that is starting to get white spots from scratching at the leather.
Is it worth it to repair or is this just a throw-away article in the eyes of HERMES?
Leather lives with you and gets marks, but in case of a "simple" leather band, I would not hesitate to polish it with some black shoe polish. I guess some care of this kind should be done anyway, as lether dries out.
I happen to own one of them too, so I see the wear and tear myself.

Reactions: Purga
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.