Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ellefunning

macrumors newbie
May 7, 2024
Hello everyone, I need your help. I purchased a used Hermes double tour band and noticed a few differences from my 100% original old same band. The difference is that the pin on the new one has a matte color, like the hardware. On the old band the pin has a chrome surface. Owner’s of Hermes band, please tell me if anyone has the same matte pins on your band? If yes, please attach a photo, I searched the entire Internet and couldn’t find anything similar. Thank you.

Attachments

• IMG_8204.jpeg
    IMG_8204.jpeg
    528.8 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_8197.jpeg
    IMG_8197.jpeg
    264.2 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_8200.jpeg
    IMG_8200.jpeg
    625.6 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_8198.jpeg
    IMG_8198.jpeg
    557.5 KB · Views: 47

athousandbands

macrumors G3
Jun 5, 2019
Discord
Hello everyone, I need your help. I purchased a used Hermes double tour band and noticed a few differences from my 100% original old same band. The difference is that the pin on the new one has a matte color, like the hardware. On the old band the pin has a chrome surface. Owner’s of Hermes band, please tell me if anyone has the same matte pins on your band? If yes, please attach a photo, I searched the entire Internet and couldn’t find anything similar. Thank you.
The last photo is the new band yes?

Vangeli

macrumors 6502
May 15, 2021
Many pins on the lugs from the S5/S6-era have been satin in my experience—even on SBSS. The biggest giveaway of a knockoff lug is usually the lug bars, which aren’t so perfectly curved and polished on the knockoffs. Yours looks genuine to me.

Ellefunning

macrumors newbie
May 7, 2024
Many pins on the lugs from the S5/S6-era have been satin in my experience—even on SBSS. The biggest giveaway of a knockoff lug is usually the lug bars, which aren’t so perfectly curved and polished on the knockoffs. Yours looks genuine to me.
Thank you!

GrandeLatte

macrumors 6502a
Jul 2, 2016
I have two double tour bands circa Series 7. They both have shiny pins in the middle. The rouge H one is more scratched up because I use that one more.

IMG_2512.jpeg

Reactions: athousandbands

btrach144

macrumors demi-god
Original poster
Aug 28, 2015
Indiana
Anyone notice the influx of Hermes bands from the same reseller? The store is Abby’s electronics. It has 43 Hermes bands for sale (bad pricing if you ask me considering no box and they’re used.)

Curiously enough, Abby’s Eletronics is based right next door to Apple in San Jose, California.

Does an Apple Designer/engineer know something we don’t? That new lugs are coming later this year so they’re dumping their current bands?

athousandbands

macrumors G3
Jun 5, 2019
Discord
Anyone notice the influx of Hermes bands from the same reseller? The store is Abby’s electronics. It has 43 Hermes bands for sale (bad pricing if you ask me considering no box and they’re used.)

Curiously enough, Abby’s Eletronics is based right next door to Apple in San Jose, California.

Does an Apple Designer/engineer know something we don’t? That new lugs are coming later this year so they’re dumping their current bands?
I got three of his bands and then tried to find him on LinkedIn…not sure he works at Apple or has a friend there but it seems like he just access to the normal campus depot where all softgoods just float freely for employees to equip their hardware regardless of connector change.

The newer pieces arent used and he took 250 plus ship before we connected off eBay for an even better rate.

Some discussion here as well:

I guess DM me if you want to connect with him direct? He’s down

Last edited:
Reactions: toughkitty5

^^BIGMac

macrumors 6502a
Dec 10, 2009
They still have them, sold only through Hermès. Apple hasn’t carried them since doing away with leather products.
No, I mean the colors Hermes was selling prior to the new colorful ones that are on there site now. I think the one i wanted was "Favre" (sp?) or something like that. Now it's not available. Will it be brought back at some point?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.