Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

infernoguy

macrumors 6502
Jun 24, 2011
Nashville, TN
That’s definitely the supplemental update version. I’m guessing you’re right in assuming that update is causing this.

From everything I’ve read, looks like I was wrong in assuming the supplemental update would be included in the recovery when I reinstalled 10.13.3.

You could try to reinstall 10.13.3, don’t install the supplemental update, then install the beta utility and hopefully that will trigger the beta to show up.

Confirmed. Reinstalled 10.3.3 w/o the supplemental update and PB3 is installing as we speak.

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2015
Wales
Avoided the first few Beta's and went in on .4 and it has transformed 10.3 from a buggy thing to a slick running thing.

Night and day difference for me. Pleasant surprise.

ErikGrim

macrumors 604
Jun 20, 2003
Brisbane, Australia
Something is going on with OpenGL in the 17E160e build. XCOM 2 is glitching like crazy no matter what resolution or graphics settings I put it on. Have to roll back.

EDIT:

Tried other games:

XCOM - Glitch
CIV VI - works perfectly
Subnautica - works perfectly
Bioshock Remastered - works perfectly (metal?)
Deus Ex Mankind Divided - works perfectly (after interminable load times), but Metal so expected

Thought at this stage that something was bunged with XCOM only, but then I load Paint the Town Red. Boom. Same glitches.

Last edited:

Draykan

macrumors newbie
Mar 11, 2014
Italy
Confirmed. Reinstalled 10.3.3 w/o the supplemental update and PB3 is installing as we speak.

Same here and it seems a bug to me since 10.13.3su is build 17D102 and 10.13.4 PB3 is 17E150g.
I've reported it to Apple with the Feedback app.

shafez

macrumors 6502
Jul 3, 2011
United States

Save your time and efforts, 10.13.3. SU is not the cause of the problem as you see in the image.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpeg
    Untitled.jpeg
    416.1 KB · Views: 213

fotomagic

macrumors newbie
Mar 7, 2018
Mac OSX 10.13.4 Beta the MIO console MetricHalo Firwewire Audio Driver 5.6.10 (4 10.13)is not working anymore spinning beachball. Installing the driver was only possible w extensions off. In some forums I could not post anything MacIntouch and MetricHalo wierd...
Switched back to 10.13.3

Last edited:

DimaVR

Suspended
Nov 14, 2017
so i need help, I been having this issue since Beta 2 installed, my preference for desktop Icons do not stick, if i made my icons small and also enable the hard drive icons to be displayed on the desktop, after restart the ICONS are crazy big and my hard drive icons dis appear and i have to reconfigure them? Can someone help me maybe edit some config file or delete .plist file and fix this issue? anyone else having this issue? maybe its just my machine or something?but i cant stand it anymore, every damn reboot icons need to be redone and setup the way i like it....

How it should be and then it defaults back to default, so its some settings file thats corrupt probably.!

View attachment upload_2018-3-9_21-43-45.png

jdag

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2012
10.13.4 broke Safari username/password autofill for me. Sites that would be able to previously autofill no longer do so. Have to click and choose the individual passwords to get in now.

I installed 10.13.4 today...noticing this same issue. In the past, my forms would have my username/password pre-populated and the fields would be highlighted in yellow. Now, sometimes my UN is there, but most of the time I have to pick from the dropdown, then the fields turn yellow.

csurfr

macrumors 68020
Dec 7, 2016
Seattle, WA
I installed 10.13.4 today...noticing this same issue. In the past, my forms would have my username/password pre-populated and the fields would be highlighted in yellow. Now, sometimes my UN is there, but most of the time I have to pick from the dropdown, then the fields turn yellow.
It’s not broken. This is the new intended behavior. It prevents malicious websites from capturing your information that is automatically filled into a form. Scripts can be written to snatch anything populated into a form even without you clicking a submit button.

Reactions: CaTOAGU and jdag

jdag

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2012
It’s not broken. This is the new intended behavior. It prevents malicious websites from capturing your information that is automatically filled into a form. Scripts can be written to snatch anything populated into a form even without you clicking a submit button.
Great - thanks for confirming the behavior.

Reactions: csurfr

guppyg

macrumors newbie
Mar 23, 2014
10.13.4 broke Safari username/password autofill for me. Sites that would be able to previously autofill no longer do so. Have to click and choose the individual passwords to get in now.
I'm having this issue too. Any solutions? Newbie here, I guess this should be in a new thread huh?

Fofer

macrumors 6502a
Oct 24, 2002
I'm having this issue too. Any solutions? Newbie here, I guess this should be in a new thread huh?

No:

Reactions: guppyg

CamJN

macrumors newbie
Jun 18, 2013
Hi, can anyone on the 10.13.5 Beta (public or dev) tell me what the bundled version of curl is? You can check curl's version in the terminal with:
Code:
curl -V

x_man_

macrumors member
Sep 22, 2015
Hi, can anyone on the 10.13.5 Beta (public or dev) tell me what the bundled version of curl is? You can check curl's version in the terminal with:
Code:
curl -V
curl 7.54.0 (x86_64-apple-darwin17.0) libcurl/7.54.0 LibreSSL/2.0.20 zlib/1.2.11 nghttp2/1.24.0

Protocols: dict file ftp ftps gopher http https imap imaps ldap ldaps pop3 pop3s rtsp smb smbs smtp smtps telnet tftp

Features: AsynchDNS IPv6 Largefile GSS-API Kerberos SPNEGO NTLM NTLM_WB SSL libz HTTP2 UnixSockets HTTPS-proxy

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.