Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dorubrad

macrumors newbie
Feb 5, 2018
I just installed 17E150f — still the same problems with the images in Preview and Photos!

Same here, dark mode, preview and also transparency + some overlays (like quicktime controls) are still broken on my MBP 2011
[doublepost=1518047549][/doublepost]Something VERY strange I noticed while opening a image in preview. I see just messed up pixels BUT among them ... a bank logo??? The original pic has nothing in in like what is shown on screen, even more, I do not work, look or do anything with that bank.

??!?

See here: https://screencast.com/t/E76Ac07V4

K4LK

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2009
After updating my mid-2014 15" rMBP to 10.13.4 beta 1, the UI hangs at the login screen. After entering my password, the bar graph gets about 90% full and the beach ball below it stops spinning. I can tell the rMBP is running because Time Machine backups are occurring. I can only use this MBP in safe mode by holding down SHIFT when starting up. Submitted a bug report to apple with sysdiagnose.

Apple wanted me to reproduce the hang and run sysdiagnose. I had updated a few apps while in safe mode. I rebooted to reproduce the problem and the rMBP entered an endless type password, get to 60%, dim slightly, reboot. Beta 2 released yesterday fixed everything. I'm back to being a happy camper waiting for my HomePod :D

hd100th03fatboy

macrumors newbie
May 14, 2012
My Preview app is have problem rendering jpg, png images, PDF renders fine, anybody having this problem ?
[doublepost=1518071567][/doublepost]I'm having the same problem. Glad I found this. Thought it might be something else, but My preview is doing the exact same thing since the new update.

Reactions: Atlantean

Romantirler

macrumors newbie
Feb 7, 2018
Bruxelles
My Preview app is have problem rendering jpg, png images, PDF renders fine, anybody having this problem ?
I had the same problem with preview.app on 10.13.4 beta1 and beta2. In addition, text selection was not any more possible in MS Word 2016, other office apps ok.
Additional remark: Word 2011 does work in 10.13.4 beta.
Only solution, I downgraded to 10.13.3, and both preview and Word are working OK again.

Reactions: Atlantean

LarryJoe33

macrumors 68030
Jul 17, 2017
Boston
I'm having the same issue along with Preview and Photos displaying the enlarged image as a red rectangle! The images are stored in iCloud and I can view them perfectly on my iPad and iPhone so I know it's not the image that's corrupt!

Same problem here.

superchink

macrumors newbie
Feb 8, 2018
I'm not seeing the latest update. Is there something I need to do to force an update check?

Currently on 17E139j

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-02-08 at 10.55.44 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-02-08 at 10.55.44 AM.png
    26.6 KB · Views: 164

superchink

macrumors newbie
Feb 8, 2018
it shows as installed on the 7th. today's the 8th. so you're all good....

But there's a new beta that's been released since 17E139j. The new one has build number: 17E150f.

I am not seeing this update as available to me, so I am trying to troubleshoot this.

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
Assuming that your System Preferences/App Store pane shows that you are set to receive beta software updates ---
Restart your Mac. Then, go to that same updates page in App Store. It will check for new updates (spinning disk, displaying "Checking for Updates..."). If no new updates appear, press Command-R to force another check. That should do it.

fisherking

macrumors G4
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
But there's a new beta that's been released since 17E139j. The new one has build number: 17E150f.

I am not seeing this update as available to me, so I am trying to troubleshoot this.

the public beta's not yet released, but it you're a developer... you're right about the build #...

Atlantean

macrumors member
Dec 26, 2011
Dublin, Ireland
The new dev beta fixed the preview and the icons in dark mode for me (17E150g)

I just upgraded from 17E150f to 17E150g and it fixed it for me too — bit I still seem to have a couple of images in Photos still with red thumbnails — I'm hoping this will rectify itself. These are only recent imports.

sajr

macrumors member
Aug 11, 2011
London
I've installed in on an old iMac (core duo 2) and a 2016 MacBook pro and have lost iBooks completely. Has anyone else seen this?

LarryJoe33

macrumors 68030
Jul 17, 2017
Boston
I had the same problem with preview.app on 10.13.4 beta1 and beta2. In addition, text selection was not any more possible in MS Word 2016, other office apps ok.
Additional remark: Word 2011 does work in 10.13.4 beta.
Only solution, I downgraded to 10.13.3, and both preview and Word are working OK again.
Same problems here with Word. I thought it was the document and first. Thanks for posting this. Weird bug for sure.

I honestly think this is the most buggy release of all the betas starting from the initial last June.
[doublepost=1518346096][/doublepost]UPDATE: Just installed beta "g" and preview seems to be fixed as well as Word. Unfortunately, the garbled thumbnails in Photo's that were previously imported are still garbled but new imports are fine.

Last edited:

kirky29

macrumors 68000
Jun 17, 2009
Lincolnshire, England
Could somebody please see if iCloud photos will sync/update when you connect your Mac to your iPhone via personal hotspot. It worked in Sierra but Apple have for some unknown reason (hopefully just a bug) disabled the ability in High Sierra.

It seems silly as they've only recently allowed photos on the iPhone to update and sync over cellular data, now they've blocked it via personal hotspot on the Mac.

Thank you!

Joemikeb

macrumors newbie
Nov 13, 2016
Fort Worth, TX
I had the dictionary problem but on a tip from another forum I held the shift key and clicked on the Dictionary icon and all the dictionaries reappeared. Since then Dictionary has worked perfectly without having to repeat the Shift+Click trick.

I did run into some 32 bit app warnings, and all but a few old games I enjoy that are no longer in development have been corrected by recent app updates. Beta 2 broke Sparkle and the developer said that was due to a broken API in beta 2. Apple is aware of the problem but there is no word on when a fix is expected.

fisherking

macrumors G4
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
the 32bit warning is expected, and i know that some of my essential apps (ie final draft) will be updated to 64bit in the future. but.. what about quicktime player 7 pro? i know it's old, but i use it often for 'quick' fixes (when FCPX would be overkill). i doubt apple will give us a 64bit version; can anyone suggest a (modern) alternative?

ajay96

macrumors 6502a
Jul 29, 2013
New York, NY
Anyone else having this issue?

Can't resize my APFS partition in the latest beta.

Never mind, managed to fix it!

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.