Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

arenuister

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2009
I've been having frequent kernel panics since this last beta came out. I initially thought that it was a new WebKit thing that was causing my Macbook Pro (Early 2015) to kernel panic since the report named it as the culprit, but then it happened with WindowServer. In the report, I'm seeing lots of mentions to kexts related to the integrated graphics and the intel graphics, which I checked and those were updated on beta 1. Has anyone else been having these same issues? I'm honestly ready to just back everything up and reinstall the last version of macOS.

vfortier

macrumors member
Dec 16, 2005
I have strang crackling sound after maybe 20 minutes of listening to anything (iTunes, webex, web radio) connected to my LG 5k screen, anybody else has this issue?

fisherking

macrumors G4
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
I have strang crackling sound after maybe 20 minutes of listening to anything (iTunes, webex, web radio) connected to my LG 5k screen, anybody else has this issue?

is the audio coming from your mac, the monitor? need more info. if it's the monitor (for example), try listening thru your mac's speakers, see if the problem persists.

Msivyparrot

macrumors regular
Apr 5, 2017
South Africa
I updated to beta on the 9th February, that is beta 3, 10.13.4, today is February 16th, that is a week, the issues I have are memory issues with Safari Technology Preview and youtube left margin issues. DuetDisplay has failed to work under 10.13.4, reported to DuetDisplay and Apple BugReporter, but Apple Engineering are having meltdowns over the format of the bug report, instead of fixing the issue..strange...

Msivyparrot

macrumors regular
Apr 5, 2017
South Africa
This is what twitter does to photo's when you use Safari technology preview
Screen Shot 2018-02-16 at 08.14.05.png

vfortier

macrumors member
Dec 16, 2005
is the audio coming from your mac, the monitor? need more info. if it's the monitor (for example), try listening thru your mac's speakers, see if the problem persists.
From the screen it does it 100% of the time, from the laptop not 100%.

daveak

macrumors 6502
Jun 28, 2009
Durham, UK

I'm seeing a similar thing since the last beta update, although not from the monitor speakers as I don't use them. I use a SoundBlasterX and when I have it plugged into the monitor usb ports I get the distortion and crackling, when moved back into a port on the mac itself no problems at all.

Switching audio output device to a different one, then back again and things are ok.

Reactions: vfortier

Msivyparrot

macrumors regular
Apr 5, 2017
South Africa
It has been more than a week since the last update, I wonder if the reports of engineers walking into glass walls has not prevented them from updating HS beta's!!!

Jul 4, 2015
Paris
It has been more than a week since the last update, I wonder if the reports of engineers walking into glass walls has not prevented them from updating HS beta's!!!

When smoking weed is legal and SV folk are hypnotised by the value of fake numbers of fake crypto money jumping up and down every hour on their phone screens they will be walking into brick walls even. Expect more bugs and security problems out of Silicon valley. A lot more. Reality distortion is now a religion.

mistame

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2014

I'm having the same issue as well, since the first beta. The time it takes to happen is never consistent, but eventually I'll get a lot of distortion and crackling out of the LG speakers. If I switch the audio output to the laptop and the immediately back to the monitor, it's fixed for a short amount of time. I haven't had it happen out of my laptop speakers at all.

Reactions: vfortier

tanzblume

macrumors member
Feb 11, 2016
Linotype Fontexplorer doesn't works with newest beta.
After updating Fontexplorer can't verificate the license.

25ghosts

macrumors 6502
Jan 31, 2008
My Preview app is have problem rendering jpg, png images, PDF renders fine, anybody having this problem ?
My Preview app has had trouble rendering images reliably since its inception :D
That said, no I don't have issues with Preview other than those it has always had.

Chazzle

macrumors 68020
Jul 17, 2015
I tried a reinstall of the Beta enroll utility with no luck. I even reinstalled High Sierra and updated to 10.13.3 with no luck. Bizarre!
Same happened to me coming from 10.13.3. The only solution that finally worked was to reinstall 10.13.3 via recovery, then re-enrol and instal the beta utility, then manually check for a software update and it finally showed up. Told another forum member about this and this solution worked for him too. Sounds like you reinstalled 10.13.0, then updated to 10.13.3 and it still didn’t work for you. Try reinstalling 10.13.3 via recovery and hopefully it works for you. Related, beta 3 is performing wonderfully on my late 2011 13” MacBook Pro (SSD with 8gb ram)

infernoguy

macrumors 6502
Jun 24, 2011
Nashville, TN
Same happened to me coming from 10.13.3. The only solution that finally worked was to reinstall 10.13.3 via recovery, then re-enrol and instal the beta utility, then manually check for a software update and it finally showed up. Told another forum member about this and this solution worked for him too. Sounds like you reinstalled 10.13.0, then updated to 10.13.3 and it still didn’t work for you. Try reinstalling 10.13.3 via recovery and hopefully it works for you. Related, beta 3 is performing wonderfully on my late 2011 13” MacBook Pro (SSD with 8gb ram)

Thanks for your help!

I actually did reinstall 10.13.3 via recovery. The supplemental update downloaded after the recovery process ended.

Maybe the supplemental update is the issue.

Chazzle

macrumors 68020
Jul 17, 2015
Thanks for your help!

I actually did reinstall 10.13.3 via recovery. The supplemental update downloaded after the recovery process ended.

Maybe the supplemental update is the issue.
That's interesting. I thought that installing via recovery installed the most recent build (the supplemental update). The supplemental update never showed up in Software Update when I checked, but I neglected to check my build number before I installed the beta to see which version I was really on.

infernoguy

macrumors 6502
Jun 24, 2011
Nashville, TN
That's interesting. I thought that installing via recovery installed the most recent build (the supplemental update). The supplemental update never showed up in Software Update when I checked, but I neglected to check my build number before I installed the beta to see which version I was really on.

Here's a screen shot of my current build number. I've researched and not been successful in figuring out why it won't find the beta update.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-02-24 at 9.24.46 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-02-24 at 9.24.46 AM.png
    47.9 KB · Views: 165

Kenny99

macrumors 6502
Jan 28, 2018
ST. Louis, Mo.
After numerous attempts at installing the 10.13.4 Beta's 1 & 2, and experiencing the problems with it hanging up at the 75% mark and never finishing even after 24 hr. Bit the bullet and tried again with the V3 Beta. (17E160e)
IT WORKED!!!!!! I did reset the SMC before downloading. Took about 45 min. to complete and reboot. Everything is working so far.
KenK

Chazzle

macrumors 68020
Jul 17, 2015
Here's a screen shot of my current build number. I've researched and not been successful in figuring out why it won't find the beta update.
That’s definitely the supplemental update version. I’m guessing you’re right in assuming that update is causing this.

From everything I’ve read, looks like I was wrong in assuming the supplemental update would be included in the recovery when I reinstalled 10.13.3.

You could try to reinstall 10.13.3, don’t install the supplemental update, then install the beta utility and hopefully that will trigger the beta to show up.

infernoguy

macrumors 6502
Jun 24, 2011
Nashville, TN
That’s definitely the supplemental update version. I’m guessing you’re right in assuming that update is causing this.

From everything I’ve read, looks like I was wrong in assuming the supplemental update would be included in the recovery when I reinstalled 10.13.3.

You could try to reinstall 10.13.3, don’t install the supplemental update, then install the beta utility and hopefully that will trigger the beta to show up.

I may just try that.

In a previous reply, someone said a SMC reset helped them so I’ll try that as well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.