Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

How is final release iOS 12 doing for you?

• It’s faster, no bugs, has improvements, I love it

Votes: 155 77.5%
  • It's slower, has bugs, not enough improvements, I hate it

Votes: 6 3.0%
  • It’s the same for me, indifferent to the improvements, neither love or hate it

Votes: 34 17.0%
  • I own an Android but came here anyway

Votes: 5 2.5%

• Total voters

StellarVixen

macrumors 68040
Mar 1, 2018
Somewhere between 0 and 1
"Apple's Hardware Revitalization Program" aka iOS 12 is among the best thing Apple has done in years.

I bought the 6S yesterday, I played a little bit with it, it was on iOS 11.3. OK, good, not great but OK.

I went on to upgrade to iOS 12.

Mother of God, what kind of sorcery is this?

m0sher

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 4, 2018
I’ll put it another way, show me one single Android phone from the same year as my 6S, that can run as fast and smooth as iOS 12 especially when browsing the net... because I doubt their are any!

I’d like to see someone like “EverythingApple“ do a 6S vs Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge comparison speed test now running both thier latest OS’s; latest OS’s they can each accept anyway. ;)

IMO, wiith Android, disgarding your phone in 2 years is normal, where 4-5 years is very doable lifespan with Apple.

Reactions: apolloa

el guapo123

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2018
Pros speed: its finally as snappy as an iphone should be.
Cons (and this is really pissing me off) BATTERY: My phone lasted usually a total of 7-8 hours or even more of on screen time and after the update it went down to 5,5-6 hours. Also the screen off time is being less, for example overnight it usually drained 1-2% on ios 11.4.1 and now it drains up to 7%. I turned off the new siri features for the apps but that didnt change anything and also tried low power mode and it still drained 4-5% overnight. My battery life is at 94% and the phone is really new, i just got it on may. Anyone having the same issue or can help me with this? Im a iphone X user by the way.

plazma

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2018
For me it's still the same as iOS 11. Still slow at times and hanging. Using an iPhone 8 und upgraded OTA. Should I reset?

m0sher

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 4, 2018
Pros speed: its finally as snappy as an iphone should be.
Cons (and this is really pissing me off) BATTERY: My phone lasted usually a total of 7-8 hours or even more of on screen time and after the update it went down to 5,5-6 hours. Also the screen off time is being less, for example overnight it usually drained 1-2% on ios 11.4.1 and now it drains up to 7%. I turned off the new siri features for the apps but that didnt change anything and also tried low power mode and it still drained 4-5% overnight. My battery life is at 94% and the phone is really new, i just got it on may. Anyone having the same issue or can help me with this? Im a iphone X user by the way.

I think Screen Time is a bit of a battery drain. It felt like my battery was running a bit lower, faster than usual but I tured off Screen Time and all is good again.

Anyone else experience this?

With Screen Time I almost didn’t make it through the day with 20% warning.

After turning Screen Time off, I went 12 hours with the same usage and it was at 40% still.

To be honest I don’t need anyone telling me how often I use my phone, it’s arbitrary. I’m going to use as often as I’d like regardless, so it’s a useless feature for me .

Turn yours off today see if it makes a difference I’d like someone else to collaborate if they see same?

In the end, if not something else, it could be just because the OS is faster that it consumes a little bit more battery power.

1983Micky

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2018
Close
- 50% of the time my settings menu and safari are frozen after I enter them from another app.

- Whatsapp shows the red dot (notification) for a split second when I go to the home screen.

Only real improvement is grouped notifications.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.