Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

How is final release iOS 12 doing for you?

• It’s faster, no bugs, has improvements, I love it

Votes: 155 77.5%
  • It's slower, has bugs, not enough improvements, I hate it

Votes: 6 3.0%
  • It’s the same for me, indifferent to the improvements, neither love or hate it

Votes: 34 17.0%
  • I own an Android but came here anyway

Votes: 5 2.5%

• Total voters

Releck97

macrumors regular
Sep 26, 2012
It's a slick update. My X seems to be running faster with fewer glitches. WiFi is much better in the corners of my house...much more similar to iOS10. Battery is at 91% after being off the charger for 2 hours. I think this could be attributed to indexing. Time will tell, but I'm optimistic.

Last edited:

Oulton

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2018
How's iOS 12 doing on the 6?

I had found that class of SoC to be slowing down even several years ago. The 6s was a big jump both in memory and CPU speed over the 6.
My phone is a 6, and I’m loving it.

Reactions: EugW

dk001

macrumors demi-god
Oct 3, 2014
Sage, Lightning, and Mountains
You shouldn't leave us hanging like that.

Current on IPP 12.9 G2 (AT&T)

iOS 12 Issues
1. No IPv6 on LTE on IPP (had it on 11.4.1) Have AT&T Carrier update installed. Issue existed on GM
2. After swipe Left to delete an iMessage entry, Done is stuck in upper left corner - need to kill in Task Manager to fix. Sporadic
3. Screen Time is incorrect. Seriously under-reported.

Issues from previous versions
1. Intermittent screen freezes
2. Default email incorrectly reports the number of unread emails
3. Default calendar alerts intermittently alert in Silent
4. ASK keystroke issues (at time a single keystroke will generate multiple characters)
5. Various other issue tied to non default apps. Will check after a couple of app updates (ex: Badge alerts will not go away immediately after addressing them)

These are all on the IPP.

Painter2002

macrumors 65816
May 9, 2017
Austin, TX
iPhone X here, I see slight but noticeably snappier performance on opening apps or performing certain things on iOS 12. This phone was already pretty fast, but the small performance boost is nice.

NOTE: I did do a fresh iOS install on this update to clear any residual bugs or glitches from iOS 11.

python0704

macrumors regular
Apr 8, 2015
For iphone X and ipad pro 10.5 I don't feel the performance improvement over IOS 11. But third party navigation on carplay is my favorite. It does feel snappier on old devices and I feel the GM is better than previous beta on my backup iphone 6. However, I would add another option which is "It’s faster, has bugs, has improvements, I like it".

Lioness~

macrumors 68040
Apr 26, 2017
Sweden
I love iOS 12. It’s growing on me. Fast and smooth.

But it still have the iCloud Calendar bug for me, same as from day 1 of iOS 11.
But whatever, I stopped using the iClod calendar and use my Synology Calendar now anyway.
Just interesting that the bug was still there....

bobcaryh

macrumors member
Aug 15, 2018
Constant loss of cell signal with AT&T and an X. Been doing it since beta started. Evidently no fix yet because today it does it more often than ever. Reset network,rebooted,etc.

bobcaryh

macrumors member
Aug 15, 2018
I get a new SIM friday when the xs max arrives. It literally happened the first time i used the phone when i went to the iOS 12 beta.I doubt the hardware failed at that exact moment. Of course its a year old now so out of warranty with Apple.

corruptdream

macrumors member
Jun 24, 2010
i couldn’t upgraded via iTunes (strangely only ios 11.4.1 was available for upgrade) but i did it over the wifi. anyway, everything works really well on ios12 (iphone 7, came from 10.3.1)

Last edited:

pat500000

Suspended
Jun 3, 2015
Fantastic! I don’t know if it’s a placebo effect, but I swear my iPhone 8 Plus and 6th Gen iPad are running even faster and smoother than before. It’s no early to judge battery life though.
let us know about the battery.

baas

macrumors regular
Dec 20, 2016
Running iOS 12 on my iPhone 6S (battery replaced few months ago by apple) it's much better than it was on ios 11. Feels more responsive and definitely faster in opening apps. I did the update through itunes.

yaxomoxay

macrumors 604
Mar 3, 2010
Texas
Loving it on my X. It’s very fast and so far I encountered only minor issues.
Wife’s 7 and kids’ SE are also smoking fast, they are all happy. And if wife is happy, I am happy :)

wozmatic

macrumors 6502
Apr 30, 2014
Reachability on iPhone 7 activates by accident very often now.

I'm going from iOS 10 to 12 and never had an issue with 10.

I have iOS12 for half a day today and it's already happened 20 times now.

iterva

macrumors 6502
Jun 16, 2013
Sweden
Feels smoother on my X compared to IOS 11.
So been over 24 hours now and there is definitely improvements to smoothness compared to 11. Feels a lot more fluid and responsive overall.
I haven’t noticed any negative effect on battery life either. But time will tell.

Guda.FL

macrumors 6502
Sep 23, 2015
Fast, and stable. I do have a bug on the SE, when I get an incoming call and see the numbers pad its shifted ups 1-3 numbers are cut off above the screen.

No Group FaceTime and iMessages across devices is choppy....I'm disappointed in a way. They better be working on a completely new iOS UI for 13.

KGB7

Suspended
Jun 15, 2017
Rockville, MD
Let the iPhone 6s Plus sit for about 3 hours after update and it seems to be running fine, no issues as far as I can tell.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.