Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you keeping your 12,9"?

• Yes

Votes: 166 79.4%
  • No

Votes: 24 11.5%
  • Maybe, please comment why :-)

Votes: 19 9.1%

• Total voters

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I'm very pleased with my new iPad. No ragrets

1622502095791.jpeg

lovetamarav

macrumors regular
Feb 12, 2011
Super happy with mine. I had a 2018 12.9 iPP and really enjoyed it. Didn’t really have any reason to upgrade other than liking shiny new products. The screen is really gorgeous and I love the white Magic Keyboard option. I usually put a matte screen protector on because I do a lot of drawing but I haven’t been able to bring myself to cover this beautiful screen yet.

Reactions: rgarjr and LFC2020

21Southwick

macrumors newbie
Jan 26, 2018
The District
I am sorry to hear people are having issues. I just love mine. I have had several iPads over the years including the 2018 Pro. My Cellular 12.9 iPad Pro get's much better battery life than my 2018 did and I had the 2018 battery checked to ensure it was working properly. It has 95% battery life left. I think for me the M1 does a better job at battery management and I love the new screen. I have not noticed any blooming and the HDR is outstanding. I hope everyone can get theirs working right. WWDC should release the true potential for the M1 iPad I hope. #ipadOS15

Chazani

macrumors regular
Oct 23, 2014
I was just at the store for another item and wanted to look at the xdr display. I asked the rep to see what hdr content had loaded and he had to go get someone else that was only going to start YouTube video. Lame Effort. Guess used to selling to the masses.
Like my job, we dont let the public go into our back room. Unfortunately that’s the employee only area. I don’t expect to go with them to find any blooming on my device. Will be asking them how to keep the blooming to absolute minimum. I ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ My 2021 iPad ???

LFC2020

macrumors P6
Apr 4, 2020
Tim Cook comes to Canada???? ???. Doubt he would show up. Lol
Easiest way to get him there, tell him Canada has agreed to remove all power adapters from their MacBooks and iPad lineup, he’ll be in his private jet in no time once he adds up the profits ???

• Haha
Reactions: Chazani

Chazani

macrumors regular
Oct 23, 2014
Easiest way to get him there, tell him Canada has agreed to remove all power adapters from their MacBooks and iPad lineup, he’ll be in his private jet in no time once he adds up the profits ??
Lol. Nahh. If he comes to Canada, I doubt he would show up in my province. East side of Canada is more populated than Alberta and British Columbia ??

Reactions: LFC2020

vermilion_sky

macrumors newbie
May 23, 2021
I love my 12.9 512 GB as well ? It's my first apple product ever and everything works as expected. Finally I can do all of my photo editing without lags on a device (thanks to Affinity Photo, this is awesome).
And the iPad is my main and only "computer-device", I'm doing all my tasks with it.

slplss

macrumors 6502a
Nov 2, 2011
EU
It is my first iPad after 9 years… and I’m coming from a sloppy Galaxy Tab S5e (which just received its last major update - after just 2 years of support).
Using these devices side by side, it’s incredible how much faster the iPP is. It’s like comparing your first iPhone to your last Android phone, you can imagine. I know S5e was 1/3 of the iPP price, but I got it for the AMOLED display. I’m happy XDR is killing it in that department too, it’s much brighter (on SDR and HDR) and the whites on XDR (with True Tone off) are incredible. I couldn’t get S5e to match it, even after fiddling with Screen modes and setting Adaptive display to the coolest white balance.
So, I’m really happy with the device. For a second I questioned if it was worth it but a quick glance on my S5e and Zenbook, I couldn’t imagine regularly getting back to these.

Reactions: Chazani

Jashue

macrumors member
Feb 3, 2014
Syracuse
Pretty happy with mine. Keeping it. The one thing that has left me pretty disappointed though is the battery life. I just engaged in a 25 minute Microsoft Teams meeting that took the battery life down by around 20%.

KennyJr

macrumors 6502
Mar 13, 2020
Hi friends,

There are a ton of threads with people sending theirs back because of a few different reasons, there are also quite a few who like theirs.

Out of curiosity... I like statistics...
Where are these ton of threads with people sending theirs back? I follow a ton of technical sites and I haven't seen them. Seriously .. I'm a statistics guy too. Please help me out here.

Reactions: G5isAlive

nStyle

macrumors 68000
Dec 6, 2009
May be an influx of returns after June 7 comes and goes and nothing changes ?

Buf seriously, there has to be some use for all that power and ram…

Last edited:

dk001

macrumors demi-god
Oct 3, 2014
Sage, Lightning, and Mountains
Should morph this into a basic poll....

Personally, I like what Apple has done however unless something rises that makes use of the hardware it is just another overpriced dongle for my power cord.

slplss

macrumors 6502a
Nov 2, 2011
EU
Pretty happy with mine. Keeping it. The one thing that has left me pretty disappointed though is the battery life. I just engaged in a 25 minute Microsoft Teams meeting that took the battery life down by around 20%.
Yeah on high brightness it drains pretty fast. For word processing, reading and browsing I’m keeping it at 50-60%, let my eyes adjust. You know sungazing is no good for your eyes, same applies for XDR.

spiderman0616

Suspended
Aug 1, 2010
I am also in 2 minds whether to keep it or not, need to see if my battery life improves.

If it does then I'll keep an eye on WWDC, if we see 'Pro' apps, then I'll make a decision :)
I have owned every generation of iPad Pro except this most recent model, and I have had battery problems with every one of them. Not permanent problems mind you--I'll go a really long time with no issues, and then some dot release of iPadOS makes it so I lose like 20% battery a night for no reason. Then a couple of patches later it goes away, then it comes back. It's frustrating. The only solution I ever found was turning off wifi when I'm not using the iPad.

Granted, I haven't had any battery issues on any model since about iPadOS 13.3, so maybe they have it permanently solved now.

Reactions: rui no onna

skaertus

macrumors 601
Feb 23, 2009
Brazil
Absolutely unaffordable, as the basic one costs $3,000 here in Brazil, and that is for the 128 GB wi-fi model without any pencil or keyboard. The most expensive one, with the Apple Pencil and the Magic Keyboard, costs over $7,000. So, buying it is something that does not even cross my mind.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.