Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you keeping your 12,9"?

• Yes

Votes: 166 79.4%
  • No

Votes: 24 11.5%
  • Maybe, please comment why :-)

Votes: 19 9.1%

• Total voters

Rafterman

Contributor
Apr 23, 2010
Pretty happy with mine. Keeping it. The one thing that has left me pretty disappointed though is the battery life. I just engaged in a 25 minute Microsoft Teams meeting that took the battery life down by around 20%.

Odd. I watched an hour video and was still in the high 90s. Teams will soak up more battery because of wifi use, but I don't think it should be that bad a difference. Unless Teams is buggy, which is very possible.

Reactions: G5isAlive

Rafterman

Contributor
Apr 23, 2010
Yeah on high brightness it drains pretty fast. For word processing, reading and browsing I’m keeping it at 50-60%, let my eyes adjust. You know sungazing is no good for your eyes, same applies for XDR.

40 percent brighness is insanely brright to me.

Apple Mac Daz

macrumors 68040
Jun 2, 2011
Manchester
What was wrong with the one that went back?

It was overheating multiple times a day and wasn’t even warm

0C4913FE-14D3-447F-A9AE-4593BE826AAE.jpeg

jmgregory1

macrumors 68040
I’m glad I got the updated M1 iPad Pro, as my battery life was just not getting me through a day with my 2018 iPP and the new M1 iPP does, so it’s solved that issue for me. And once I start traveling again full time, the faster 5G will be a big plus.

The iPad Pro’s are just such great devices, they rank up there with the 2011 MacBook Air as one of the best computing devices I’ve ever owned. They just tick all the boxes for me, with very few complaints. Even my mother-in-law has been pining after my iPad Pro, saying she really wanted the simplicity of the iPad compared to her existing MacBook Air. I’m going to give her my 2018 iPP, so she’ll get what she’s wanted and I’ll get some bonus points from my wife, so really a win-win-win here.

Caviar_X

macrumors 6502a
Sep 2, 2010
I'm more than satisfied with my purchase. More than anything I'm excited to finally upgrade to 256g and store all of my music on here. This device should last me at least 4 years solid.

Adelphos33

macrumors 68000
Mar 13, 2012
I ended up keeping and liking it. Screen is great, extra ram helips with Multitasking, etc

Jt69yupper

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2015
Not happy....

The weight for portability being a hand held tablet is poor, very noticable between 2020 and 2021. Dealable but not as good.

Blooming if reading in the dark, black shadows and lantern like unbalanced lighting.

M1 / 8gb ram good , will it be utilized?

I actually switched back to the 2020 which I just purchased from Amazon after buying the M1, I could not stand the new iPad and it’s a shame as I love Apple and can afford the device.

My opinion:
These are great for creatives but not so good for cosumption and productivity.

I am not sure what to do once the 6gb of ram is not enough.

doxielover

macrumors 6502a
Apr 12, 2011
CA
Should I get a tempered glass or paperlike screen protector? Which one is more protective? I mostly to photography and editing, watching YouTube and sitting outside in bright sunlight

G5isAlive

Contributor
Aug 28, 2003
Keeping mine. Works great. I can afford it. Why return it? I have a 2020 11" for general use so the weight doesn't bother me. I got it to edit pics in Lightroom. Love the screen. Love how fast it is. Shortly after setting it up I went on vacation in the woods of Maine and didn't read MacRumors. I just used it a lot and loved it. Didn't notice the battery life. Charging was no issue. Didn't notice any blooming. Day or night, the screen was bright enough. Out on the deck in sunlight no problem. Laying in bed watching a movie. No problem. One can always find problems if one looks for them to rationalize buyer's remorse. I am sure of millions sold there are some that SHOULD be returned due to defects, but as a class I think it's a great iPad if you want the screen size and speed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.