Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

allan.nyholm

macrumors 68020
Nov 22, 2007
Aalborg, Denmark
I'd like to think so but he was involved in hiring Tim Cook, and even worse, Fast Eddie Cue.
Even worse than that - Jony Ive. He has single-handedly made our Macs and peripherals so sharp around the edges, thin, lightweight and unmanageable that he out to have been fired by the time he thought up the All-in-One iMac design - and Magic Mouse, Mighty Mouse - earpods, iPads that have a bezel so narrow it's dumb. Stopped before all that.

I wish the iPhone and smart phone in general was never invented and that the app universe was stopped in its tracks.

Let's live like it's the 1970's again!

I think Steve Jobs would approve my comment.

edit.. p.s typed out this comment on the keyboard attached to a 2015 iMac - Unibody model - or what the hell they are called.
They suck.

glaze

macrumors newbie
Feb 12, 2022
"He put products before profits because the natural outcome was huge profits"... *sigh*

These "Steve said", "Steve would", "Steve never" threads are so grotesquely cultish... The main reason I wish Steve was still around is so I could hear him eviscerate people in 10 words or less for claiming to know what he thinks.
I've only recently joined this forum, having gone all-in on Apple's ecosystem, but the amout of rubbish haters here spew is, quite frankly, stunning.

After some consideration, I suppose this is, in essence, a rumours' site.

I'll get my coat.

Last edited:

GeneticBloom

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2009
California
I think Apple's designs current designs are all better than the were since the iPhone 5. the iPads (except the cheapest model) look great, new MBP's look great and are more functional, new iPhones look great again with their square cases.

Reactions: decafjava

MacGizmo

macrumors 68040
Apr 27, 2003
Arizona
If Steve Jobs were alive, he would smack the stink off your eyebrows for presuming to think you knew absolutely anything about what he thinks.

Reactions: I7guy

Jack Neill

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2015
San Antonio Texas
I have no idea what Jobs would think of todays Apple, I can tell you what I think of todays Apple as a huge fanboy. The QC of software has gone down the drain. iOS is boring AF and so is the iPhone hardware. iPad hardware is nice but iPadOS suffers from the same problems as iOS, Apple needs some serious refocus in the space to get creative again. The M Macs are great and feel like they are finally going in the right direction on that front.

ahurst

macrumors 6502
Oct 12, 2021
Steve was happy to extort $2900 for an entry level Mac SE. He's no angel.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macintosh_SE
Jobs was forced out of Apple in 1985, the Mac SE was released in 1987. Apple charged premiums for other things while he was in charge (especially accessories), but he's very much not to blame for the SE's price point.

Also, adjusted for inflation, Mac desktops saw a huge drop in average price when Jobs came back in '98:
prices_per_type-png.1962034

SigEp265

macrumors 6502a
Dec 15, 2011
Southern California
I think he would be more proud of his wife, than Apple’s success.
He knew where Apple was going, and its worth.
It was his vision, he hired Timmy.

If he came back, he wouldn’t care about Apple. He would start something different, he would have another vision.
He would be more proud of himself lol

cosmichobo

macrumors 6502a
May 4, 2006
All I can say is nope. Government hates success stories.
Would you be American by chance?

Why would government hate success?

A successful business is employing people, and (hopefully) paying taxes, thus generating them income. Both desirable outcomes for a government.

Reactions: decafjava

Shanghaichica

macrumors G5
Apr 8, 2013
UK
What would he think of the massive success and revenue that Apple are having these days. I mean can they be anymore successful?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.