Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Pedro147

macrumors member
Sep 23, 2016
Australia
For those who aspire to connect an HDMI source to the G4 screen I am having some TMDS to HDMI breakout boards made in the coming weeks so you can just plug the very unique video cable right into the board and wire it up as you like (may be different pins to connect depending on whether you have a 15"/17" or 20" G4 stand by for more updates in the coming weeks.
Nice work and although my G4 still sits waiting, I am definitely interested in this board while they are available.

PML7554

macrumors member
Oct 8, 2021
For those who aspire to connect an HDMI source to the G4 screen I am having some TMDS to HDMI breakout boards made in the coming weeks so you can just plug the very unique video cable right into the board and wire it up as you like (may be different pins to connect depending on whether you have a 15"/17" or 20" G4 stand by for more updates in the coming weeks.
Can’t wait to see this board! I was dreaming about something like that, but I don’t have the skills or tools…

joeventura

macrumors newbie
Mar 22, 2024
Can’t wait to see this board! I was dreaming about something like that, but I don’t have the skills or tools…
Its coming soon, probably mid april

Attachments

• v2.png
    v2.png
    113 KB · Views: 42
Reactions: billib and pippox0

joeventura

macrumors newbie
Mar 22, 2024
If you'd like to help in creating a final board that is an adapter vs a breakout (i.e. prerouted to work without jumpers) let me know if you have a pinout to try

mang0s

macrumors newbie
May 14, 2024
Im realy waiting for this. I collecting parts to do the conversion on a 20" version. The next adapter that would be needed is for original speakers. My plan was cuting the amplifier from the G4 motherboard but it seams a bit harsh.
Was also looking at Juicy Crumb Systems adapter board that has everything, but its realy expensive and is aimed at converting the G4 to an external display.

joeventura

macrumors newbie
Mar 22, 2024
Im realy waiting for this. I collecting parts to do the conversion on a 20" version. The next adapter that would be needed is for original speakers. My plan was cuting the amplifier from the G4 motherboard but it seams a bit harsh.
Was also looking at Juicy Crumb Systems adapter board that has everything, but its realy expensive and is aimed at converting the G4 to an external display.
Well its ready for prime time

Reactions: billib

PML7554

macrumors member
Oct 8, 2021
To use the original speakers, you can use an amplifier board based on a TA2024, that is the original chip embedded on the iMac main board.
I soldered cables on the iMac cut main board to use the original connector, and powered it with a dedicated power brick.

IMG_0402.jpeg

Reactions: mang0s

mang0s

macrumors newbie
May 14, 2024
To use the original speakers, you can use an amplifier board based on a TA2024, that is the original chip embedded on the iMac main board.
I soldered cables on the iMac cut main board to use the original connector, and powered it with a dedicated power brick.

View attachment 2377905
This is the board we should remake with right alignment on connectors and TMDS-HDMI converter and TA2024 amplifier. What is the model on the board connector of TMDS?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.