Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Candurin

macrumors regular
Mar 27, 2011
Very spotty for me, but I assumed it was because I'm currently in Brazil on a less than stellar LTE network.

Reactions: gusmula

Evan Katz

macrumors newbie
May 16, 2024
Manhattan, New York

The iMessage service that Apple users to send messages to one another appears to be down for some users, and messages are failing to go out or are taking an extra long time to send.

General-Apps-Messages.jpg

There are numerous reports about the issue on social networks and a spike of outage reports on Down Detector, but Apple's System Status page is not yet reporting an outage.

Article Link: iMessage Down for Some Users
Both (A) iMessage and also (B) FaceTime as well were down for about a half hour (at least) today at about 5:45-6:00 pm EDT. Neither would work.

Evan Katz
New York City

PCaR Guy

macrumors newbie
May 16, 2024
Virginia is affected as well.. I cant send IMessages. iPhone 14 Promax, 1TB on Verizon ..

sw1tcher

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2004
The iMessage service that Apple users to send messages to one another appears to be down for some users, and messages are failing to go out or are taking an extra long time to send.

That's great and all, but Apple really needs to work on reducing their services outages

[ . . . ]

It's been a month since the last one, so we're due for one soon.
7 days later... About time 🤣

Last edited:

RSmith2023

macrumors 6502a
Sep 26, 2015
Atlanta, GA
No issues for me with it in Ga, but I wonder what the particulars are:
- on WiFi or cellular
- messaging someone on the same WiFi as you or other?
- what version of iOS?

AllergyDoc

macrumors 68010
Mar 17, 2013
Utah, USA
Happened to my wife and she blamed our WiFi. I had to defend its honor and prove it was 450 mbps at the time. A win for apps.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.