Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Evelyn Harthbrooke

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 22, 2013
Canada
Can anyone test the issue of vanishing notifications on this beta. I am not on developer beta and am unable to wait for public beta to know about this issue.
The issue is - clear all notifications from notification centre by clicking ,clear button multiple times at the top right of notification centre.
Then receive a mail notification in NC. Now open mail app. This opening and closing of mail app will clear the NC of the mail notifications showing there.
There are no issues of vanishing notifications on my end. And dude, you could just install the dev beta profile from here and try testing these things yourself first instead of only posting in a thread asking if the issue still persists and not test it in the new beta.

Rob_R

macrumors member
Mar 10, 2017
The reasoning here is that YouTube has monetized the ability to play audio in the background. It's one of the features you gain when you pay for "YouTube Red" in addition to no advertising.

This is just a case of closing off a loophole to encourage more people to pay the Red tax. It's such a ridiculous thing to monetize, but I suppose YouTube has to make a profit somehow.

You can fake it out.

Start an audio/video in YouTube in Safari, Chrome, or the YouTube app.
Press 'home' and it stops playing.
Swipe up to get into the control center, then right to get the music controls.
Press play.
YouTube is fooled :)

Evelyn Harthbrooke

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 22, 2013
Canada
Well, I can call it a week then -- reached my quota of being right already, and it's only Monday LOL
Well, you're partially right. Works in Safari, fails to work in the YouTube app because of the fact that Google clears all instances of YouTube from the now playing card upon reaching the home screen. Haven't tested Google Chrome though.

Reactions: alt0 and permar

jas07

macrumors regular
Oct 13, 2011
Is anyone having issues with HomeKit / HomeBridge on this beta? Completely stopped working on my devices

Chazzle

macrumors 68020
Jul 17, 2015
You can fake it out.

Press play.
This also doesn't work for me. I wonder if there is a setting preventing this from working on my end.

drgreenberg

macrumors member
Aug 6, 2010
Is anyone having issues with HomeKit / HomeBridge on this beta? Completely stopped working on my devices

My native HomeKit and my zigbee lights controlled by my Almond+ router using HomeBridge are both still working after the update.

atlchamp

macrumors 68020
Jun 19, 2012
Atlanta
I haven't noticed a single difference in this beta. Tells me that its under the hood stuff and stability enhancements. Very well the last beta

Chazzle

macrumors 68020
Jul 17, 2015
I haven't noticed a single difference in this beta. Tells me that its under the hood stuff and stability enhancements. Very well the last beta
Same could have been said of beta 3, yeah? Stability enhancements > user facing changes

sbailey4

macrumors 601
Dec 5, 2011
USA
Verify a bug, or is it unique to me?

Set up your multiple email accounts to have separate signatures.

Touch one of the signatures later to change the signature, Settings crashes.
I tried it and actually edited one and no crash.

Can anyone test the issue of vanishing notifications on this beta. I am not on developer beta and am unable to wait for public beta to know about this issue.
The issue is - clear all notifications from notification centre by clicking ,clear button multiple times at the top right of notification centre.
Then receive a mail notification in NC. Now open mail app. This opening and closing of mail app will clear the NC of the mail notifications showing there.
And why are you unable to wait? The PB comes out later in the day also if its not fixed then what? Not much can be done about it. Just saying. And no idea if its fixed or not sorry. I dont get notifications for mail.

cswifx

Suspended
Dec 15, 2016
Still can't play audio from YouTube videos with the screen locked. Looks like that's intentional behavior at this point. Still works with MacRumors videos though. Some kinda copyright check that happens?

It's intended behavior from Google's side. If you ever manage to get it playing with the screen locked, it's probably a bug (and a violation of Google's T&C if you don't have YouTube Red).

sbailey4

macrumors 601
Dec 5, 2011
USA
All I know is thank god Yahoo mail is fixed. Now I can get my monthly emails from them recommending to change my password because they have been breached again. :eek:

Last edited:
Reactions: Sajal

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
I don't think that many people are running this beta, which is why it's so quiet. 10.3.1 is really damn good, and there's not much incentive to run the beta at the moment. That's my current situation. :)

I'm thinking of installing it on my iPad just for kicks, but haven't had much free time to do such things lately.

Looks like 10.3.2 is shaping up to be quite shiny though.
Being unable to use any sort of VPN in the first beta directly pushes me away from using beta this time. I don't care if they are fixed in future beta. I just hope they don't break those existing features in official release.

GreyOS

macrumors 68040
Apr 12, 2012
You can fake it out.

Press play.

Dang you're right. Just tested it. Works perfectly.

I doubt it works for the YouTube app as that can have customised control over background playback, and Google have disabled that. It's worth noting that the ability for Safari to play in the background should exist for all media played in the browser, YouTube or not.

GBstoic

macrumors 6502a
Nov 6, 2016
Digital audio sent to an external device (DAC) still mutes after a random period even though the Music app still thinks it is playing.

Once this has happened I can redirect audio to an airplay device and then back to the DAC and then the sound returns.

This has been broken since 10.3 and attracts a lot of attention in audio hardware forums.

On a positive note Yahoo Mail appears fixed and my Apple Watch now gets unlocked automatically when I unlock my phone.

gwhizkids

macrumors G5
Jun 21, 2013
On a positive note Yahoo Mail appears fixed and my Apple Watch now gets unlocked automatically when I unlock my phone.

I've been having this issue too. Also with unlocking my Mac. Hopefully this fixes.

5row

macrumors newbie
Apr 25, 2017
After updating to latest Beta this notification keeps showing.. restarted, deleted Beta profile, still showing :( 6s

Attachments

• IMG_2013.PNG
    IMG_2013.PNG
    96.9 KB · Views: 221
  • IMG_2014.PNG
    IMG_2014.PNG
    68.1 KB · Views: 241
  • IMG_2015.PNG
    IMG_2015.PNG
    39.1 KB · Views: 221

Akshayf

macrumors member
Jun 20, 2016
Love my new CC on this beta!! Lol..
anybody else got this too?

Attachments

• IMG_3183.PNG
    IMG_3183.PNG
    1.3 MB · Views: 328
  • IMG_3184.PNG
    IMG_3184.PNG
    1.3 MB · Views: 339
Reactions: teddybearstand
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.