LOL...

DP2, June 19
PB1, May 10

EDIT:
Sorry, I meant to say PB1, July 10!

Last edited:

gwang73

macrumors 68020
Yeah but I'm betting they'll be late, which they have in the past. We'll see soon enough.

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Yeah but I'm betting they'll be late, which they have in the past. We'll see soon enough.
They haven't actually been late when release public betas. They usually have that spot on. Remember, Apple is 2-3 builds ahead internally. Beta 2 and PB 1 are probably already ready to be seeded.

gwang73

macrumors 68020
They haven't actually been late when release public betas. They usually have that spot on. Remember, Apple is 2-3 builds ahead internally. Beta 2 and PB 1 are probably already ready to be seeded.

Well, ios10 was in B1 for 22 days. Can't remember if PB released with B2 or B3. Probably not "late" but given the feedback so far in the forums, I think they'll take longer before releasing it to the public.

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Well, ios10 was in B1 for 22 days. Can't remember if PB released with B2 or B3. Probably not "late" but given the feedback so far in the forums, I think they'll take as long before releasing it to the public.
They aren't going to delay the release of PB based on feedback on Macrumors after they pubically announced it. They probably aren't even looking at Macrumors. The point of the PB is to get more feedback. So faster PB users get it, more work Apple can do.

Last year it came out with DP2. Which would follow my prediction. Week of the 26th for both DP and PB. PB coming 2-3 days after the DP.

gwang73

macrumors 68020
Well, ios10 was in B1 for 22 days. Can't remember if PB released with B2 or B3. Probably not "late" but given the feedback so far in the forums, I think they'll take longer before releasing it to the public.

We'll see. I'm still not going to update to the beta until late July, earliest.
Just having fun reading about it and guessing when they'll release stuff.

Math889

macrumors 65816
In my opinion we won't see beta 2 next week . At earliest, late June . Beta 2 will be public beta 1?

iPhoneguy86

macrumors regular
Hey everyone I may have just oversighted this on a previous thread but I just wanted to see if anyone posted anything about predictions for Beta Updates...I feel like since there has been a mention that a Public Beta will be available later this month dev beta will see Beta 2 when Pub Beta 1 is released. Does anyone else agree with that?

Also, I’m sure someone already posted the bug log; here’s what i’ve encountered so far but it hasn’t really been too bad:

-Slow performance at times
-Some apps incompatible with iOS 11
-Redesigned App Store does not push App updates at normal speed they come out later than devices not on beta and take longer to update
-Device will crash and reboot itself during camera use
-Device will crash and reboot itself when changing wallpapers
-Music shortcut in control center will remain on lock screen even when not in use
-Device camera will not initiate during use of latest version of SnapChat
-Sometimes navigating back and forth on the home screen the screen will lock up or freeze
-The device will sometimes freeze in app switching mode or when multitasking

theshoehorn

macrumors 6502a
I'd wager Pub 1 will come with Dev 3... I think that's been what happned for iOS 9 &10...

Now I'd prefer sooner than later....

Dwalls90

macrumors 603
Beta 1 is such a hot mess compared to iOS 10 Beta 1. Also agree that in order to see Beta 3/Public Beta 1 by "end of June" (per Keynote), we'll have to see Beta 2 drop between 6/16 - 6/20.

App incompatibility is likely not iOS' fault and will require developers to update. But core services like the App Store and Apple Music need to get fixed/updated ASAP so feedback regarding these items can be relayed to Apple.

Gav2k

macrumors G3
2-3 week update cycle unless the update causes large scale resprings or reception loss.

**pb1 will be db 3

ajiuo

macrumors 65816
I think beta 2 will be out today, or tomarrow at the latest. Apple seems like it has switched to weekly for bigger releases... at least in the early phase.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.