Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

AppleJapan

macrumors newbie
Nov 5, 2019
Currently, I can identify my Apple ID, but I can't seem to log in because I get the wrong password

Blue Hawk

macrumors 68000
Dec 18, 2017
Germany
Can’t wait for the next beta. At least they have fixed Apple Mail. Only the badge is going crazy. Always with a 2. Significant locations came back after installing Apple Maps again. But now the list is empty. Sometimes the Widgets have the wrong Mode (dark/light).

But that all is nothing. It is already working a lot better than iOS 13 ever was.

stoopkidblues

macrumors 6502
Mar 21, 2014
I get prompted several times a day to enter my passcode to use faceid. Was fine on 13.

Same here. Not sure what’s triggering it as I’m entering my passcode while wearing my mask. And it says FaceID failed too many times (even though it hasn’t). Started with Beta 5 and happened a few times on this one so hopefully new beta will fix it.

compwiz1202

macrumors 604
May 20, 2010
Is it doing a little springboard reset? I had this often in earlier betas, but it went away with Beta 6.
I just get the FACEID required when I pick my locked iPhone up. Wasn't happening at the beginning of 6 but started again the last few days. And the other weird thing is it never happens when I use it even if I lock and unlock it. Only if it's been sitting locked.

Reactions: tspear8183

xerxers

macrumors regular
Oct 24, 2008
I did do a search but couldn't find any responses regarding my issue:
On my iPad using the latest beta it will not send messages to anybody other than those with an iOS device!
I get a response after a couple of minutes message not sent.
The iPad is WiFi only.
Is there a setting that I have not checked?
Our is this a known issue
The send box color is green
TIA

christian.terra

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2014
On my iPad using the latest beta it will not send messages to anybody other than those with an iOS device!
The iPad is WiFi only.
TIA
Is text message forwarding enabled in Messages setting on your iphone? Your ipad should be listed in there and turned on.

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
The iPad is WiFi only.
TIA

Friends don't let friends use android. :D

Edit: I see that you got it sorted...

Reactions: gank41

_novaforce_

macrumors newbie
Jan 3, 2020
I wondered about that. When I get the passcode request it appears my task manager apps all relaunch instead of reopening. However I am unable to find a corresponding Analytics entry.
Does a panic full get logged?
At least mine does and Apple is aware of it according to my feedback tickets.

Dwood1970

macrumors 6502
Jan 7, 2012
Sadly I’m getting used to it with the COVID mask when I’m outside etc.

Yeah I’m ok with it then because it’s expected behavior but I can literally be sitting there and use Face ID then put my phone down for 30 seconds and it will ask me for my password the next time.

Reactions: TimFL1

KooL BeAnZ

macrumors 6502
Apr 4, 2012
I think I might be the only one but B6 has been giving me non-stop Springboards throughout the iOS / Apps.

Normally happens when I go to press to type / bring up keyboard, so it’s affecting a lot of apps.

Using a 11 Pro Max.

All previous Betas were actually rock solid.

I know no one/not many others are experiencing this, hope B7 solves this issue for me.

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
Yeah I’m ok with it then because it’s expected behavior but I can literally be sitting there and use Face ID then put my phone down for 30 seconds and it will ask me for my password the next time.

That same thing started happening to me yesterday. I tried rebooting my phone - probably rebooted 4 or 5 time in a 2 hour period. Didn’t work. Then, after about 3 hours or so of seeing this issue, it suddenly stopped and has been working as expected ever since. #mindblown

Last edited:

gank41

macrumors 601
Mar 25, 2008
I’ve mainly only had issues with my iPad Pro 2018 11’’ and the last couple betas. I’ve been seeing Safari crash to the Home Screen often. My PowerBeats Pro right earbud only connects often, too, having to reconnect them sometimes a few times until they’re both connected correctly. I’m having no problems connecting both normally on my iPad 11 Pro Max.. I’m also still seeing that glitch in Messages where the text enter field keeps “dropping” really fast, all glitched out. I haven’t been using many of the new widgets in iPadOS at all because I rely mainly on 3rd party app’s widgets that just aren’t available yet. The Battery Widget is nice I guess? I’m sure I’ve had more issues, there’s been plenty.. But mainly just on iPadOS. And I’m worried that the iPad will get left behind again this year Like when iOS 12 came out. Everyone was clamoring for a better iPad and then they got iPadOS 13, which is great. IPadOS 14 just seems like a better iPadOS 13 to me. But with bugs.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.