Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sorgo †

Cancelled
Feb 16, 2016
Seems better for me across iPhone/iPad/HomePods on 15.4.1 so far. Will report back if annoying gaps crop back up

jonny

macrumors regular
Jun 28, 2007
Toronto
Seems better for me across iPhone/iPad/HomePods on 15.4.1 so far. Will report back if annoying gaps crop back up
It seemed to resolve itself for me for around 30mins and then now it’s worse than ever. Including glitches during songs. My callback from support was just to say that they hadn’t heard back from their engineers. So still awaiting a resolution.

• Wow
Reactions: sorgo †

andrewd3

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 2, 2011
Is this just a problem with Apple Music only, or does it also affect third party music players such as Cs music player, anyone know?
I have the Cs Music app and gapless playback is also now broken. So installing a third-party music player is not a solution. Apple has managed to disable gapless playback for everyone it seems…

Jayseph

macrumors member
Jan 16, 2022
I have the Cs Music app and gapless playback is also now broken. So installing a third-party music player is not a solution. Apple has managed to disable gapless playback for everyone it seems…
Not everyone. Foobar2000 works great where gapless play is concerned.

jonny

macrumors regular
Jun 28, 2007
Toronto
Also fixed it for the HomePod. I use my mini to play brown noise at night, and that “No Fade” track was breaking for a second every 3 minutes. After updating to 15.4.1, no more gaps.
Wish this were the case for me. It seemed to resolve itself for around 30mins and now is worse than ever. Weird thing tho, I don’t get the gaps when jogging using my Apple Watch. I don’t know anything anymore! ?

• Sad
Reactions: zecanard

TonyC28

macrumors 68030
Aug 15, 2009
USA
Still going on for me. I have found that it I scrub ahead on a track to about 3 seconds left there is a pause when I stop scrubbing but then when the track starts over there is no gap. But if I scrub to about 30 seconds left and let it play out there is a gap when it starts over.

JCCL

macrumors 68020
Apr 3, 2010
I have this issue since the Beta. Annoying, especially since I listen to a lot of Live Albums. Curiously my Apple Watch doesn't do this, so would have thought that would end up being a better music player.

Ridiculous that they break this in 2022!

Reactions: ian87w and jonny

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
I have to wonder if this is related to bandwidth. In other words, AM is streaming lower bitrates for CarPlay and Apple Watch, but higher resolution lossless otherwise, which may be creating a need for time to buffer playback between tracks.

Reactions: jonny

jonny

macrumors regular
Jun 28, 2007
Toronto
I have to wonder if this is related to bandwidth. In other words, AM is streaming lower bitrates for CarPlay and Apple Watch, but higher resolution lossless otherwise, which may be creating a need for time to buffer playback between tracks.
I too was wondering this but in a slightly different way as I don’t stream. My issues are with songs I’ve manually loaded onto my phone which leads me to wonder if there’s some kind of memory leak in the iOS music app. Support called me again today with some follow up questions for the engineering dept. I have another callback scheduled for Wednesday. At this point I should be on their payroll. 🤣

Reactions: Zensō and andrewd3

jonny

macrumors regular
Jun 28, 2007
Toronto
I have this issue since the Beta. Annoying, especially since I listen to a lot of Live Albums. Curiously my Apple Watch doesn't do this, so would have thought that would end up being a better music player.

Ridiculous that they break this in 2022!
The behaviour was present on my apple watch prior to the latest update. But not any longer. My runs are certainly more peaceful now

JCCL

macrumors 68020
Apr 3, 2010
Don’t think it’s related to bandwidth at all. It happens with or without lossless, with media downloaded locally or streaming. Is all the same.

ric_d

macrumors member
Dec 16, 2016
Washington, DC, USA
I too was wondering this but in a slightly different way as I don’t stream. My issues are with songs I’ve manually loaded onto my phone which leads me to wonder if there’s some kind of memory leak in the iOS music app. Support called me again today with some follow up questions for the engineering dept. I have another callback scheduled for Wednesday. At this point I should be on their payroll. ?
Same here -- I don't stream, I just play songs that are loaded on my iPhone 13 Pro. I played a live album last night and the gap appeared sporadically between some tracks where it shouldn't.

Reactions: jonny

drakula

macrumors member
Jan 4, 2021
Hey everyone, I just wanted to add to the thread that I'm also experiencing the same issue. iOS 15.4.1 on an iPhone 13 Pro Max. I was listening with my AirPods Pro and it seemed like some songs on an album would transition fine but others would not. This is all music I've manually synced to my phone (and plays totally fine within the Apple Music app on my Mac).

Reactions: andrewd3

jonny

macrumors regular
Jun 28, 2007
Toronto
Just an update on my unpaid qa internship (ha ha ha)

Yesterday apple support installed a Bluetooth profile on my phone so their engineers could monitor the issue. Will have a follow up call today.

As an aside, when I installed the profile I had to reboot the device. After rebooting it took around 20-30mins before the behaviour started up again.

Reactions: Jayseph and ric_d

Rod65

macrumors newbie
Apr 7, 2022
Hi,
I am sorry to tell you that foobar2000 on my iphone 12pro with ios 15.4.1 dos not solve the problem, same gaps as in apple music player, total anoying.

entropi

macrumors 6502a
May 20, 2008
well, monterey broke "music" and any finder back completely for me, so gapless playback is a minor issue for me...
(the app "iMazing" does back ups for me at the moment o_O and I'm back to using my 15 year old iRiver MP3-player)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.