Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rytyuk

macrumors newbie
Apr 7, 2022
I installed 15.5 b1 about two hours ago on my iPhone 11 and gapless is working properly, and no hiccups mid-track any more either.

Reactions: jonny and Jayseph

ian87w

macrumors G3
Feb 22, 2020
Indonesia
Yes I have this issue as well with 15.4.1 (I skipped 15.4). Extremely annoying, especially from Apple who were supposed to be particular about music. Really really hoping for a quick fix soon as I have a lot of non-stop mixes albums.

ian87w

macrumors G3
Feb 22, 2020
Indonesia
I have to wonder if this is related to bandwidth. In other words, AM is streaming lower bitrates for CarPlay and Apple Watch, but higher resolution lossless otherwise, which may be creating a need for time to buffer playback between tracks.
This is affecting my own self-ripped tracks, which were working fine in 15.3. I don't think it has anything to do with the bitrates.

ian87w

macrumors G3
Feb 22, 2020
Indonesia
Sadly this did not work for me (deleting and reinstalling Apple Music on my iPhone, and re-syncing my music library). There are still gaps between tracks when listening on my AirPods Pro.

However I have a USB-C headphone adapter with built-in DAC for my iPad, and if I use this with wired headphones, I can confirm that playback is gapless. But when I listen to the same tracks from my iPad using my AirPods, there are gaps between the tracks.

Therefore this problem appears to be happening only with Bluetooth connections.
Yup. It's affecting the tracks when I'm listening to them via bluetooth in my car. Wasn't an issue with 15.3.

rytyuk

macrumors newbie
Apr 7, 2022
Would love an update to see if it works for you on 15.5 B1
After many hours, AM is back to normal still - no annoying gaps on DJ sets and no random stopping for a few seconds mid-track. I'll never take gapless for granted again.... ?

Telesmurfen

macrumors regular
Apr 18, 2016
I also experience the gap between songs - and it’s especially annoying when listening to live albums. It happens with downloaded music and streaming music and with lossless on or off.
Sometimes it will also skip a track or two.
Never had any of these problems before upgrading to 15.4 / 15.4.1
Hope it will be resolved soon.
Until then, Spotify works flawlessly.

Reactions: jonny

andrewd3

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 2, 2011
The confirmations re iOS 15.5b1 fixing the bug all sound very promising. I can't risk installing the beta on my phone so hopefully when this gets officially released all will be well. How long is it likely to be before the official release? Are we likely to be talking weeks, or months?

Rod65

macrumors newbie
Apr 7, 2022
Hi,
I now can also confirm music is playing gapless with 15.5 beta, like it was earlier.
And the second good thing is my accu last longer now, so this time a good update

Rod65

macrumors newbie
Apr 7, 2022
What do you mean by skipping tracks, please? On my IPhone 12 Pro playback is complete correct

dexster

macrumors newbie
Apr 14, 2022
Not gapless and also skipping tracks for me. Strangely, it always seems to be after track 2 on various albums and it skips to track 4.

entropi

macrumors 6502a
May 20, 2008
my Apple music has suddenly fixed itself, after four weeks of refusal to find the media library on my units. no updates were required - now it finds the media library on all my units and I can finally back up my units again!!! (cloudy random stuff, this...)

drakula

macrumors member
Jan 4, 2021
Has anyone tried the new beta 2 of 15.5 and can report whether gapless continues to be fixed in this release?

JCCL

macrumors 68020
Apr 3, 2010
Has anyone tried the new beta 2 of 15.5 and can report whether gapless continues to be fixed in this release?
I have the latest beta. I’m in the 6th song of a live album, no issues with the transitions so far. Still working right.

Reactions: andrewd3

andrewd3

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 2, 2011
Currently downloading iOS15.5. Let's hope it does, in fact, fix the gapless playback issue...

adam01212

macrumors newbie
Dec 7, 2019
Has anyone else tried the final release of iOS 15.5? I’m still on 15.4.1 and wondering if it worth updating to fix the Bluetooth pausing between songs bug (usually apple breaks something with updates so I don’t like to jump straight in as soon as it’s released)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.