Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Fred Zed

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2019
Upstate NY . Was FL.
Agree - that’s why I don’t know what is caused by what.

I get a notification from Teams and swipe it away and it shows back up later. Or the meeting reminder shows up after the meeting. Or etc….

All I can do for now is note it and check each beta.
I get erroneous badge count of “1” from Telegram app sometimes, going in app and existing removes it.

Reactions: dk001

uandme72

macrumors 68020
Mar 2, 2015
RCS message option not visible on my phone.

Attachments

• IMG_0004.jpeg
    IMG_0004.jpeg
    159.2 KB · Views: 44

Fred Zed

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2019
Upstate NY . Was FL.
So.. I think the android user has to be using Google Messages for it to work. (RCS seems to be fragmented in it’s implementation on Android still so I guess Apple ensure compatibility with the one in use by Google.)

I have 2 androids for work - a Samsung S24 and a Google Pixel.. RCS worked for the Pixel just fine. For the Samsung, even though RCS was enabled on it and working Android to Android, it didn’t work with my iPhone until I installed Google Messages and used that.

Once I set it as the default messaging app, I got a popup saying that RCS was being set up and then complete shortly after that. THEN I started getting read receipts, typing indicators and the tap-back reactions worked properly.

EDIT: You also have to turn MMS OFF on your iPhone so that videos/photos will send in full size as opposed to compressed for text.
To get RCS working back in the days with Samsung devices I also had to use Google messages. Nothings changed there I see. 😅

MozMan68

macrumors 603
Jun 29, 2010
South Cackalacky
Searched and don’t see it mentioned, but phone still shows set to airplane mode even after I turn it off. Have to restart for the airplane to go away.

greg624

macrumors 6502
Jul 31, 2013
Indiana
Any idea what happens if one deletes the new Passwords app? I assume passwords will still autofill and whatnot, but I’m too nervous to delete the app and see what happens.
IMG_3306.png

Guessing it should be fine since it’s on the App Store now

Deep_Thought

macrumors 6502
Oct 13, 2008
Strange one - moved my AWU from my ios17 iPhone 15 Pro to my B2 on my iPhone 13 mini and the weather app has completely disappeared from the watch… tried searching but not seen anyone else mention this?

Update: Managed to fix it by deleting weather app from the phone then reinstalling.

Last edited:

Marshall73

macrumors 68030
Apr 20, 2015
Homescreen widgets from the Tesla App no longer appear or are available to add to the home screen. Were fine in beta 1

addamas

macrumors 65816
Apr 20, 2016
Maybe I missed post but is Vitals widget is not updating after sleep is finished on iOS? Watch not on 11 but it should not matter I think.

It can be few hours already of the day and it still tells that is waiting for sleep data.
Clicking on it to load Health app updates it once.

Sleep widget is working flawlessly

Last edited:

RSmith2023

macrumors 6502a
Sep 26, 2015
Atlanta, GA
Hmmm…got the attached message right after I updated my BRAND NEW M4 IPAD PRO to beta 2. 🥶

View attachment 2392172
That sucks. Did you install it OTA or via ipsw? And were you upgrading from b1? Anything of note in settings/parts and service history?

I have b2 (installed via ipsw this time though I normally just do OTA on my iPads) on my 13 inch M4 iPad Pro and didn’t see this.

xanataus

macrumors newbie
Jul 11, 2010
Hi

Not sure if this has been posted.

Is anyone else missing alot of their history of messages in the Messages App. for eg for one of my contacts I am missing msgs from Dec 2021 to today.

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Xan

Reactions: Fred Zed

RSmith2023

macrumors 6502a
Sep 26, 2015
Atlanta, GA
Woke up to this… 2nd day in a row and it’s worse today. a restart fixes it. And I filed a feedback

Attachments

• IMG_1886.png
    IMG_1886.png
    544.6 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_1887.png
    IMG_1887.png
    1,009.1 KB · Views: 64

RSmith2023

macrumors 6502a
Sep 26, 2015
Atlanta, GA
Hi

Not sure if this has been posted.

Is anyone else missing alot of their history of messages in the Messages App. for eg for one of my contacts I am missing msgs from Dec 2021 to today.

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Xan
Have my messages set to delete at 30 days so I couldn’t say.

Never really understood the need to keep messages forever myself, but I suppose for others there may be an actual use case.

Would be nice if Apple allowed you to “mark” message threads individually for extended retention though as opposed to an all or nothing setting. 🤷🏾‍♂️

town3r

macrumors demi-god
Jul 15, 2012
Madison, WI
Anyone else getting the following message on their devices recently?

Some iCloud Data Isn’t Syncing
This device isn’t syncing your end-to-end encrypted data across all of your devices. It includes save passwords and data from Health and Maps. Verify your account information to resume syncing.

I got the above in my iPhone and iPad both running 18 beta 2. But also my MacBook that is on non-beta macOS 14.5.

I also had to confirm/verify my recovery key on my iPhone.

dk001

macrumors demi-god
Oct 3, 2014
Sage, Lightning, and Mountains
Anyone else getting the following message on their devices recently?

I got the above in my iPhone and iPad both running 18 beta 2. But also my MacBook that is on non-beta macOS 14.5.

I also had to confirm/verify my recovery key on my iPhone.

On my iPad shortly after updating to b2. Thought it was a fluke as it was a single occurrence.

gwhizkids

macrumors G5
Jun 21, 2013
That sucks. Did you install it OTA or via ipsw? And were you upgrading from b1? Anything of note in settings/parts and service history?

I have b2 (installed via ipsw this time though I normally just do OTA on my iPads) on my 13 inch M4 iPad Pro and didn’t see this.
I installed OTA. I may go back and install the IPSW. But so far it’s had no impact. But if there is an issue I’ll need to restore it and return it for another device

Reactions: adrianlondon

Kung

macrumors 6502
Feb 3, 2006
Never really understood the need to keep messages forever myself, but I suppose for others there may be an actual use case.

Would be nice if Apple allowed you to “mark” message threads individually for extended retention though as opposed to an all or nothing setting. 🤷🏾‍♂️

Agreed. I used to be one of those people who thought "Why the hell keep messages > 30 days?"

Then my dad went into the hospital in the last week of 2018 with some slight weakness on his left side....and died of brain, stomach and lung cancer mid-January 2019.

I've still got his texts, and I can't tell you how comforting they are to read them - even the ones giving me crap or goofing around. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.