Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Broken Hope

macrumors 68000
Jan 15, 2015
Mine were working fine in beta 1, just showing the MAC rather than name on iOS/iPad OS, fine on macOS.

jdavid_rp

macrumors 6502
Feb 25, 2020
Can you reinstall it? AFAIK new native apps aren’t available to download until the official release (as that’s when Apple push them to the App Store)

gigapocket1

macrumors 68020
Mar 15, 2009
Give it a chance, it’s ONLY beta 2.
3 and 4 normally we start to see some decent polishing.

Probably see the AI in iOS 18.1.
Really can't see them pushing it back to 18.1 with how long they talked about it in the keynote. It would be a huge miss.. Even if it comes only limited. Its better than nothing..

iOS 18 webpage also says iOS 18 is coming this fall as well..

I think they are releasing in "beta form" on the release version of iOS 18..
Screenshot 2024-06-25 at 1.29.31 PM.png

martint235

macrumors 6502a
Apr 13, 2016
Battery life is better for me in beta 2. Beta 1 I would lose 5%+ per hour with phone just sitting idle. So far no real problems. Beta 1 sucked for me tho.
I had a problem with beta 1 for a couple of days and then it just suddenly improved

Reactions: Premium1

Pearsey

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2016
Royal Tunbridge Wells
Really can't see them pushing it back to 18.1 with how long they talked about it in the keynote. It would be a huge miss.. Even if it comes only limited. Its better than nothing..

iOS 18 webpage also says iOS 18 is coming this fall as well..

I think they are releasing in "beta form" on the release version of iOS 18..
View attachment 2392105

Maybe. US might get it first and UK 18.1…

If it does come in iOS 18, we would want to see it early so it has time for testing and debugging. Maybe beta 3 with the first Public beta 🤷🏽

s2mike

macrumors 68020
Sep 14, 2015
Someone on the B1 thread, deleted it and then couldn't access them. Think they reinstalled the app and cos it was in the cloud (keychain I presume) they were back, but not worth the gamble.
Yeah I did some reading on Reddit and saw that, when iOS 18 Beta 1 was first released, the Passwords app wasn’t available to download from the App Store. That’s apparently been fixed.

Thanks!

dk001

macrumors demi-god
Oct 3, 2014
Sage, Lightning, and Mountains
No one else has experienced this? I first tried to delete all settings and it was fine for a few minutes but then the issue resurfaced. I then did a clean install using the IPSW and then did a restore of my backup and still can't see all of my notifications. My last option is a complete reinstall but not doing a restore from a backup which I'm saving as the nuclear option. The weird thing is that when I have a springboard crash, after a few seconds, all my notifications show up and then when I do something as simple as locking my phone, they disappear. They also all show up after a reboot but soon after disappear again. My notifications show up on my laptop even when i'm not using iphone mirroring so not sure what the issue can be.

Notifications are a mess. What I don’t know is what is OS driven and what is app driven. I have an issue with MS Teams and a couple of other apps. Others appear to work fine.

gwhizkids

macrumors G5
Jun 21, 2013
Notifications are a mess. What I don’t know is what is OS driven and what is app driven. I have an issue with MS Teams and a couple of other apps. Others appear to work fine.
And don’t forget: while we are not seeing the Apple Intelligence stuff yet, that doesn’t mean they aren’t laying the groundwork for it. Notifications will be impacted and they may be tinkering with things getting ready for that.

Or it’s just a typical beta day in the life!

Reactions: Pearsey and dk001

dk001

macrumors demi-god
Oct 3, 2014
And don’t forget: while we are not seeing the Apple Intelligence stuff yet, that doesn’t mean they aren’t laying the groundwork for it. Notifications will be impacted and they may be tinkering with things getting ready for that.

Or it’s just a typical beta day in the life!

Agree - that’s why I don’t know what is caused by what.

I get a notification from Teams and swipe it away and it shows back up later. Or the meeting reminder shows up after the meeting. Or etc….

All I can do for now is note it and check each beta.

Reactions: gwhizkids

gwhizkids

macrumors G5
Jun 21, 2013
For this RCS stuff, does the person on the other end have to do anything or is it just any android user? I have only one regular android correspondent and it’s still showing up as “SMS-text” for them. On AT&T and have it activated in settings

Reactions: dk001

dk001

macrumors demi-god
Oct 3, 2014
For this RCS stuff, does the person on the other end have to do anything or is it just any android user? I have only one regular android correspondent and it’s still showing up as “SMS-text” for them. On AT&T and have it activated in settings

That is a great question. Currently unless a contact tells my android it can accept RCS, my android defaults to SMS for the contact.

Reactions: Premium1

bigjnyc

macrumors G3
Apr 10, 2008
Android user does not have to anything as long as they are on Android 5.0 or higher, which everyone should be at this point and time.

Did you try toggling RCS on and off?

I saw in the RCS thread a few ATT folks were not turned on yet, it is carrier dependent. Once your carrier turns it on it will just start working seamlessly. Your text field will go from saying SMS to RCS

addamas

macrumors 65816
Apr 20, 2016
Control center resets its settings!
Nice catch. Not completely resets but in my case it wiped few widgets I had and rearranged by its own - after force restart and normal restart so probably also when full turn off / on.

So the same as when changing system language I noted and reported. Lol how they implemented it 😅

Post in thread 'iOS 18 Beta 2 ― Bug Fixes, Changes, and Improvements'
https://forums.macrumors.com/thread...hanges-and-improvements.2429968/post-33231231

redbeard331

macrumors 68030
Jul 21, 2009
Lockscreen notification icons don’t respect dark mode, looks really out of place. Hopefully they fix this. IMG_5685.jpeg

gigapocket1

macrumors 68020
Mar 15, 2009
Maybe. US might get it first and UK 18.1…

If it does come in iOS 18, we would want to see it early so it has time for testing and debugging. Maybe beta 3 with the first Public beta 🤷🏽

I’m going with beta 5 and removed from public beta and only available to devs… that should be around first of August… they are going to want to test server loads etc… that gives them a few weeks of testing. Then releasing it to public beta around 2 weeks before iPhone keynote… (so a total of 3 weeks of testing with a huge audience).

Reactions: Pearsey
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.