Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

dsdevries

macrumors regular
Aug 13, 2009
You know its not the same. Installing the betas is automated. Sure, things can and will go really wrong for a very small subset of users. And most of them can recover, even if they didn’t save an archived encrypted backup. But what this person is speaking about involves a level of skill and understanding that most here don’t have.
No, this person actually was the victim of a man in the middle attack, and is advising everyone else to do the same.

If the advice would have been to clone the repo and build your own copy of the code that you would be running on your proxy server, than that might actually still be a valid thing. But this guy is basically telling you to run a compiled script on a proxy server that might enable rcs messages, but also has the ability to spoof every https request your phone makes and even alter their responses. To be able to make this work, you would need to install a root certificate.
This is just plain stupid advice!
I reported this, but apparently even the moderators of this forum don’t realize how incredibly dangerous this advice is!

I cannot stress this enough. Don’t follow this advice!

twx

macrumors 6502a
Sep 22, 2017
Michigan, USA
2cd44fbe5cd12038288f5aca8dde16b3.png

RCS randomly started working for me this morning.

Reactions: dsdevries

gwhizkids

macrumors G5
Jun 21, 2013
Is anyone else having issues editing widgets on the lockscreen?
Yes. I can’t get them to flip over and give me options. Stupidly, I removed the shortcuts widget I use to open my garage door app before discovering this. 😩

cbreze

macrumors 65816
Nov 26, 2014
Oregon
Does anybody else have this problem? App icons are disappearing after the update on 11 pro. Sometimes when you open an app it will display the app icon but then at some the icon will again disappear.
I had this issue on beta 1 but beta 2 is ok.

jdavid_rp

macrumors 6502
Feb 25, 2020
Oh sweet baby Jesus😍. Finally Safari no longer goes to back to the top of the page when swiping back a page. Been waiting years for this !
I remember the day it started doing it, I had two iPhones (jailbreak purposes) and I couldn’t understand why would it do it even with the simplest websites

nortonandreev

macrumors 68030
Jan 11, 2016
Europe
I got a warning from instagram that I am using automation tools, whatever, and that I might be breaking the ToS. Not sure if it’s cuz of the iPhone notifications on macOS or the iPhone mirroring.

Ansath

Cancelled
Jun 9, 2018
Any idea what happens if one deletes the new Passwords app? I assume passwords will still autofill and whatnot, but I’m too nervous to delete the app and see what happens.
Someone on the B1 thread, deleted it and then couldn't access them. Think they reinstalled the app and cos it was in the cloud (keychain I presume) they were back, but not worth the gamble.

jacklroberts

macrumors 6502a
Aug 14, 2014
Doncaster, UK
Can you elaborate just a bit? What are you trying to do? Please be specific.

On all prior versions of iOS / iPadOS that had lockscreen widgets, you could edit a widget for instance the Home widget to change your selected accessories or scenes or if you add a shortcut you could change the shortcut to a chosen shortcut rather than the one it adds by default. However in beta 2 you can’t.

Broken Hope

macrumors 68000
Jan 15, 2015
Anyone's AirPods showing as the MAC address instead of the device name in FindMy? Shows fine on my Mac, just my phone that appears to be bugged.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.