Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

contacos

macrumors 603
Nov 11, 2020
Mexico City living in Berlin
New bug for me. Tried a hard restart and still not fixed. Baffling…..

View attachment 2391930

For those that can’t spot it…

View attachment 2391931

I had the same happening last night when I left my WiFi and went outside. It showed me on airplane mode even though I was on 5G and everything was working. Had to restart the phone to fix it. Reported it as a bug

kvlq

macrumors 6502a
Dec 6, 2015
do you not have the „None“ option for payment? Regarding the address, I always live in 90210 Beverly Hills haha
Oh, haven't seen that option. Thanks, i switched it now to the US and screen mirroring is working.
Buuut... my subscriptions are missing and also AppStore updates.... :( it makes sense ofc.

contacos

macrumors 603
Nov 11, 2020
Mexico City living in Berlin
Oh, haven't seen that option. Thanks, i switched it now to the US and screen mirroring is working.
Buuut... my subscriptions are missing and also AppStore updates.... :( it makes sense ofc.

Didn’t it give you a warning before changing regions that you cannot continue to use existing subscriptions and credit?

What you can do is make another local Apple ID with your local credit card information and sign into „Media & Purchases“ to be able to purchase stuff again without relying on the US App Store

Reactions: kvlq

adrianlondon

macrumors 603
Nov 28, 2013
Switzerland
Another option is to have a real hard think as to what you plan to use this iPhone Mirroring for, before wasting time creating a new US-based Apple ID to log in to (as explained, keep your original one for media and app purchases).

For some people, I suspect they just want to run it, go "ooooo look!" and then never use it again. That's certainly what I did.

If it worked across networks and didn't need to be in Bluetooth range, it'd be an amazing feature for doing remote support on my family's devices, but right now it only works if the device is within a few metres of me anyway.

kvlq

macrumors 6502a
Dec 6, 2015
Didn’t it give you a warning before changing regions that you cannot continue to use existing subscriptions and credit?

What you can do is make another local Apple ID with your local credit card information and sign into „Media & Purchases“ to be able to purchase stuff again without relying on the US App Store
I got that prompt, yes.
I already did what you described. Changed my AppleID to the US, and created a new local one for "Media&Purchases" with my local credit card. I'll purchase the subscriptions again on this newly created account. But I'm not sure what will happen with the iCloud storage (should i upgrade my iCloud plan again on this new account? because it still shows the upgraded plan in Settings even if the country is changed now).

Another option is to have a real hard think as to what you plan to use this iPhone Mirroring for, before wasting time creating a new US-based Apple ID to log in to (as explained, keep your original one for media and app purchases).

For some people, I suspect they just want to run it, go "ooooo look!" and then never use it again. That's certainly what I did.

If it worked across networks and didn't need to be in Bluetooth range, it'd be an amazing feature for doing remote support on my family's devices, but right now it only works if the device is within a few metres of me anyway.
I hope that the other AI functionalities that will come later will also be available just as the screen mirroring right now..

deep1

macrumors 6502
Mar 29, 2011
do you not have the „None“ option for payment? Regarding the address, I always live in 90210 Beverly Hills haha
Any other downside on changing to US Apple ID other than subscriptions, I guess iCloud backup and family members will have to be added again.

I always have US, India and EU Apple ID and use for diff subs etc, but main Apple ID is EU which I can change to US if doesn't effect much on iCloud and family. thanks for letting us know.

Lincoln84

macrumors member
Apr 24, 2020
Does anybody else have this problem? App icons are disappearing after the update on 11 pro. Sometimes when you open an app it will display the app icon but then at some the icon will again disappear.
ff53ac01cafd6fb158fd5278fb805140.png

217bbbe2aae72a19a7034c4b5ccce19a.png

Reactions: GoldenChild

gwhizkids

macrumors G5
Jun 21, 2013
You mean like 99% of the users on here should not install these early betas on their single point of failure daily driver?
You know its not the same. Installing the betas is automated. Sure, things can and will go really wrong for a very small subset of users. And most of them can recover, even if they didn’t save an archived encrypted backup. But what this person is speaking about involves a level of skill and understanding that most here don’t have.

Reactions: Brachaci

gwhizkids

macrumors G5
Jun 21, 2013
Does anybody else have this problem? App icons are disappearing after the update on 11 pro. Sometimes when you open an app it will display the app icon but then at some the icon will again disappear.
ff53ac01cafd6fb158fd5278fb805140.png

217bbbe2aae72a19a7034c4b5ccce19a.png
Yes, as several users have reported above. The solution appears to be to turn on the large / no titles icons and the revert back to the smaller icons with titles.

krishnajha

macrumors 6502
Jun 23, 2015
Nowhere
When updating apps on my 13PM and in FaceTime mi camera lags for me and the person in the other side. Also when updating the updates are super slow even with 1 gig wifi or 900mb 5G, and makes the phone slow until the updates end. A hard restart did not solve it.

krypt17

macrumors member
Jan 26, 2010
So I'm confused based on a few responses. I have both AT&T and Verizon in the US and I have the RCS toggle for both lines. Neither of them display RCS in a text message and still show SMS. I'm guessing this is normal? We just have to wait for AT&T and Verizon to update settings?? Am I understanding that correctly lol

jdavid_rp

macrumors 6502
Feb 25, 2020

Also, it’s not like it won’t be coming to the EU

andreheitor

macrumors newbie
Feb 9, 2015
Is it just me who thinks that a system is perfect, then the engineers go there on purpose and mess up the codes, to launch betas full of bugs, they reduce the bugs until they release the final version that was already ready? hahahaha

bigjnyc

macrumors G3
Apr 10, 2008
You mean like 99% of the users on here should not install these early betas on their single point of failure daily driver?
No. this hasn't been an issue for many years now... People have been installing betas on their daily drivers for while now with no major problems. If this was a concern Apple would never have opened up the Public Beta program, nor would they have made the Developer Beta software testing section free and accessible to anyone.

jfiggy77

macrumors member
Mar 15, 2015
I'm having a weird problem on Beta 2 and wondering if it's just me. My notifications aren't working properly. Some show up and some don't. For some, I can hear the notification come in, ESPN for example, but when I go into the notification center, there is not ESPN notification to open. If I reboot my phone, all my notifications show up (including the missing ESPN notification) but then after a few minutes, I have the same issue and the only way to correct it is by rebooting my phone. Is anyone else seeing this? They were working fine in Beta 1.
No one else has experienced this? I first tried to delete all settings and it was fine for a few minutes but then the issue resurfaced. I then did a clean install using the IPSW and then did a restore of my backup and still can't see all of my notifications. My last option is a complete reinstall but not doing a restore from a backup which I'm saving as the nuclear option. The weird thing is that when I have a springboard crash, after a few seconds, all my notifications show up and then when I do something as simple as locking my phone, they disappear. They also all show up after a reboot but soon after disappear again. My notifications show up on my laptop even when i'm not using iphone mirroring so not sure what the issue can be.

Reactions: dk001
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.