Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

MrRom92

macrumors 65816
Sep 30, 2021
2 questions when playing videos in photos:
- is the scrubber way better now? cause the old one is beyond horrible
- is there any convenience button to go full screen now or do you still have to awkwardly pinch to zoom to get the video to take up the whole screen?
I personally had no issue with the old scrubber. But if you didn’t like that one, I think you’ll hate the new one. I certainly do. They somehow made it worse and much less functional.

I can’t think of any specific examples but I feel like Apple has backtracked on very unpopular UX changes before. Someone oughta start a petition to get the old photos app back. I can’t be alone in not liking this new one, right?

Reactions: dk001 and cigz

CrisiomiroX

macrumors member
Jun 24, 2024
UK
Maybe this has been posted already in this thread…

Switching to dark mode and reverting back to light modes causes icons to have a grid (blank) appearance instead of reverting back to light mode icons. Switching back to dark mode doesn’t change the icons back to dark mode icons. Reboot is the only fix for me.

Update: the only fix I found that works without rebooting is to switch to large mode icons and then back.

I have this exact issue. Reported it.

Reactions: dk001 and Pearsey

dsdevries

macrumors regular
Aug 13, 2009
I was able to get RCS working by following this

Wait, so you installed a root certificate to trust a proxy server from an unknown source? Well done, you just got lured into a man in the middle attack. It might be trustworthy, but this is super dangerous! I would uninstall that certificate straight away!

Last edited:

Cchase88754321

macrumors member
Apr 14, 2015
Apple Music isn’t working and been working on and off since updating. Gonna go back to beta 1

Attachments

• IMG_0403.png
    IMG_0403.png
    158.8 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_0402.png
    IMG_0402.png
    154.8 KB · Views: 51

Pearsey

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2016
Royal Tunbridge Wells
Any idea what happens if one deletes the new Passwords app? I assume passwords will still autofill and whatnot, but I’m too nervous to delete the app and see what happens.

They’ve moved that whole setting into its own stand alone app, so if you delete that, I’m not sure the functionality will be still present to behave as normal, if at all.

Reactions: gwhizkids

gigapocket1

macrumors 68020
Mar 15, 2009
Sounds like they have a lot of cleaning up to do…. And they haven’t even released the ai features…
I know Apple is way ahead as far as builds internally. But it feels like they have a long way to go in 90 days

Pearsey

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2016
Royal Tunbridge Wells
Sounds like they have a lot of cleaning up to do…. And they haven’t even released the ai features…
I know Apple is way ahead as far as builds internally. But it feels like they have a long way to go in 90 days

Give it a chance, it’s ONLY beta 2.
3 and 4 normally we start to see some decent polishing.

Probably see the AI in iOS 18.1.

Attachments

• IMG_8580.jpeg
    IMG_8580.jpeg
    383.3 KB · Views: 60

jdavid_rp

macrumors 6502
Feb 25, 2020
A little late to the party but if you are trying to update using IPSW, I had to update my Mac to the latest version of Sonoma. I tried updating my iPad on beta 1 and it wouldn't work. Updated the Mac to Beta 2 and it updated my iPad just fine.
Installing the Xcode beta also works

iGeneo

macrumors demi-god
Jul 3, 2010
Health app is crashing. open the Health app, go to Sleep, and scroll down, the app closes by itself
Do you mean from the browse section and then scroll down to sleep under health categories, select that and scroll? Because that seems be working just fine for me.

iGeneo

macrumors demi-god
Jul 3, 2010
Is the option to add a shortcut or launch an app directly new in control center? I hadn’t noticed that before

Opens up some interesting opportunities to customize that first page as a launcher

winxmac

macrumors 65816
Sep 1, 2021
I don't know if this happened with iOS 18 DB 1 but with iOS 18 DB 2, [in the App Store] after an app is updated, it does not automatically get moved to the Updated Recently section, it remains on the Available Updates section...

Reactions: Cinimod1000
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.