Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

TimFL1

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2017
Germany
No RCS toggle here. Brazil, using Claro and Vivo networks. My AppleID is US, though.
In case you‘re wondering: your carrier has to add support for it on iOS (by releasing a new carrier profile with Apple). So far only the 3 big US carriers have done that.

This could theoretically be updated OTA without a new beta build, but I fear we‘ll have to wait a while for every carrier to update their profile since a lot of them don‘t natively support RCS yet (via either their own hub or by forwarding traffic to Jibe). Google sadly took the pressure out of carriers adopting RCS with their Google Messages Jibe fallback.

Cchase88754321

macrumors member
Apr 14, 2015
In case you‘re wondering: your carrier has to add support for it on iOS (by releasing a new carrier profile with Apple). So far only the 3 big US carriers have done that.

This could theoretically be updated OTA without a new beta build, but I fear we‘ll have to wait a while for every carrier to update their profile since a lot of them don‘t natively support RCS yet (via either their own hub or by forwarding traffic to Jibe). Google sadly took the pressure out of carriers adopting RCS with their Google Messages Jibe fallback.
I’m hoping since my carrier supports RCS (even has an add on for it) on Samsung devices, that it won’t take long.

Reactions: TimFL1

TimFL1

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2017
Germany
I’m hoping since my carrier supports RCS (even has an add on for it) on Samsung devices, that it won’t take long.
It all boils down to your carrier providing Apple with an updated carrier profile that included RCS endpoints and specifies whether RCS should be enabled by default (all 3 US carriers have that on) or opt-in.

I fear this wont happen, on a global scale, until the release in September (if at all, since loads of carriers freeload on the Google Messages Jibe fallback and have to start setting up their own endpoints for this first).

Reactions: Brachaci

contacos

macrumors 603
Nov 11, 2020
Mexico City living in Berlin
I guess Apple Pay payments (so the one with your EU Apple account) won't work when switching to an US account, right?

Do you mean in the Wallet? This works but you cannot add a European credit card for your App Store payments.
What I have been doing since the iPod Video days is having an US iCloud account (I guess this is what is called "Apple Account" now) and for TV+, Music, AppStore purchases in general, I have another German Apple ID (you can be logged in to both at the same time. The US one as your iPhone "Account" so to say and the EU local one for "Media & Purchases")

contacos

macrumors 603
Nov 11, 2020
Mexico City living in Berlin
An you are located in Germany?

Yes, I have had an US iCloud Account for 15+ years and for the AppStore, I have another German Apple ID that you can use by logging in to "Media & Purchases" separately while being logged in to the US iCloud account.

1719303414395.jpeg

Reactions: wir43 and Geert76

Geert76

macrumors 68000
Feb 28, 2014
the Netherlands
Do you mean in the Wallet? This works but you cannot add a European credit card for your App Store payments.
What I have been doing since the iPod Video days is having an US iCloud account (I guess this is what is called "Apple Account" now) and for TV+, Music, AppStore purchases in general, I have another German Apple ID (you can be logged in to both at the same time. The US one as your iPhone "Account" so to say and the EU local one for "Media & Purchases")
great, thanks! :)

maxevens

macrumors member
Oct 27, 2014
Yes, I have had an US iCloud Account for 15+ years and for the AppStore, I have another German Apple ID that you can use by logging in to "Media & Purchases" separately while being logged in to the US iCloud account.

View attachment 2391917
Did the same here, I just changed my main account to UK, because I used to live there and have a debit card, so my main account is a UK apple account, but for my family sharing and media purchases i use my Hungarian Apple Account. Hopefully this way Apple AI and the iPhone Mirroring will work. Unfortunatelly I can not test it since my mac is unsupported, and therefore can't install macOS beta :(

Little Angel

macrumors member
Jul 3, 2009
On IOS 18 B2. Install went fine OTA & phone itself working OK, apps etc no issue, however when I go into settings I am unable to choose any option like screen time.

Anyone else seeing this.

Is it possible to do a overwrite of B2 via ipsw? Is it worth it?

Thoughts?

Thanks

LA

gwhizkids

macrumors G5
Jun 21, 2013
They’ve moved that whole setting into its own stand alone app, so if you delete that, I’m not sure the functionality will be still present to behave as normal, if at all.
Yeah. I’m personally fond of, you know, actually being able to find, edit and otherwise interact with my passwords rather than simply relying on the vagaries of the system to, maybe, hopefully surface them when I need them.

funkdoc23

macrumors regular
Sep 14, 2012
Los Angeles
Call me dense or attribute it to the early morning, but I’m still not seeing what you are referring to. Can you just spell it out?
I think he might be referring to his phone being shown it's in airplane mode even though it seems to be picking up a speed test & receiving data.... but then again it's an early morning so I may also be a bit dense and lacking caffeine.

Reactions: gwhizkids

martint235

macrumors 6502a
Apr 13, 2016
I’m getting quite a few restarts on my IPP M4. Also face id seems very ropey. I think I’ll leave my 15PM on beta 1 for now

Reactions: lindros2

Donga120

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2014
UK
Call me dense or attribute it to the early morning, but I’m still not seeing what you are referring to. Can you just spell it out?

I think he might be referring to his phone being shown it's in airplane mode even though it seems to be picking up a speed test & receiving data.... but then again it's an early morning so I may also be a bit dense and lacking caffeine.

Yep. I’ve toggled airplane mode on and off lots of times and restarted the phone. It will only show as Enabled so I have no idea what signal I have, or if I have 4G or 5G.

Reactions: gwhizkids

kvlq

macrumors 6502a
Dec 6, 2015

View attachment 2391917
I cannot change my account from EU to UK/US without a local credit card, address and phone number … is there any workaround?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.