Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Fontvnilla

macrumors member
Oct 26, 2013
Los Angeles, CA
I'm seeing a bunch of unnamed devices under Health. I usually only see the top 2. I can't delete them and there's no data from any of them.

Also, since updating to beta 2, I've been getting loud headphone notifications while listening to music in my car via Bluetooth. Usually selecting Car Stereo as the device type prevents this. It seems to not be working this way anymore.

Attachments

• IMG_0298.PNG
    IMG_0298.PNG
    181.2 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_0297.JPEG
    IMG_0297.JPEG
    115.5 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_0296.PNG
    IMG_0296.PNG
    265.5 KB · Views: 61
Reactions: marzfreerider

Artesia

Suspended
Mar 30, 2024
I'm seeing a bunch of unnamed devices under Health. I usually only see the top 2. I can't delete them and there's no data from any of them.

Also, since updating to beta 2, I've been getting loud headphone notifications while listening to music in my car via Bluetooth. Usually selecting Car Stereo as the device type prevents this. It seems to not be working this way anymore.

I have exactly the same issue, ever since I updated to beta 1 Ive had loud notifications. And I changed tone volume to 19% (it wont go lower than that), and Im still getting very loud notifications.

This is what I wrote in page 19:

Im still having this weird issue with tone volume, in the previous ios's when lowered the tone volume it also lowered notification sounds like text message ect. But now in ios 18 it feels like the setting is not taking any effect, notifications blast at full power, its destroying my ears.

Can you guys please confirm this? Im using APM.

Also if youre still on 17.5 or 17.6 can you still confirm its working like intended. It would mean a lot.

vultuk

macrumors member
Jun 24, 2015
Bolton, England
I was in the car today (plugged in to car play, with announce notifications on) and my wife sent a photo of our book shelf.

Siri said something like “Sent a photo of a book shelf with some black books on”.

Not sure if this is new, to do with AI or what. But very interesting!

chr1s60

macrumors 68020
Jul 24, 2007
California
I was in the car today (plugged in to car play, with announce notifications on) and my wife sent a photo of our book shelf.

Siri said something like “Sent a photo of a book shelf with some black books on”.

Siri has described image messages for a while now.

KingOC

macrumors member
Jun 24, 2024
apple watch keeps detecting me as taking naps in the day.. i sit on the pc after work alot watching youtube and dont move a lot but it should know better.. didnt have this issue with beta 1.

Reactions: iLuddite

novagamer

macrumors regular
May 13, 2006
Mail app has some serious issues on this beta, beta 1 was great but on beta 2 Im getting low signal all the time and mail is not updating.
Yes I can’t get Mail to update at all. Even disabling / re-enabling doesn’t work. Have you found a work-around?

Mirroring doesn’t work for me either but that’s minor in comparison.

I am getting notifications on my Mac (how do I shut those off, I can’t find the option).

contacos

macrumors 603
Nov 11, 2020
Mexico City living in Berlin
My battery stats aren’t working correctly. Says I have been using my phone between 6 am and 12 today, problem is, it is only 7 am 😅

I also charged it yesterday (Thursday) but says last charge as Wednesday

Edit: reboot fixed it

Attachments

• IMG_2386.png
    IMG_2386.png
    297.6 KB · Views: 44
Reactions: Fred Zed

s2mike

macrumors 68020
Sep 14, 2015
Hmm… today I noticed that incoming text messages on the Lock Screen no longer show the person’s name. Instead, they say “Messages” where the name would be, then “Notification” underneath. Contact photo is still displayed. Once the phone is unlocked, the word “Messages” is replaced with the person’s name. This makes total sense for privacy purposes, but did this JUST start happening to anyone else?

It seems kinda weird, but I believe this literally started today… I’d be shocked if I simply hadn’t noticed before now…

Artesia

Suspended
Mar 30, 2024
Yes I can’t get Mail to update at all. Even disabling / re-enabling doesn’t work. Have you found a work-around?

Mirroring doesn’t work for me either but that’s minor in comparison.

I am getting notifications on my Mac (how do I shut those off, I can’t find the option).

Uninstall and reinstall, it fixed it for me.

madeirabhoy

macrumors 68000
Oct 26, 2012
That's what we're saying. We have the "." decimal separator whereas in Europe (and maybe elsewhere?) they use a comma. And those with a comma are getting an error.

For us ... 7,550.01

For crazy Europeans: 7.550,01
For crazier Swiss: 7'550,01 except for currency which is 7'550.01

definitely the issue on iOS as switching just the number setting fixes it. whereas on ipad it works fine with portuguese number settings.

Reactions: adrianlondon

Premium1

macrumors 68000
Jan 26, 2013

I got something similar the other day on IOS 17 so not sure if its new across the board or not but that was the first time it talked about what the images showed.

Artesia

Suspended
Mar 30, 2024
Ok, I woke up this morning to an email in my inbox marked as a new unread email. But that email was deleted from my Trash box 2 months ago.

• Sad
Reactions: novagamer

xgman

macrumors 603
Aug 6, 2007
constant overheating too hot to charge errors. optimized off, no limit, no apps open, no case, co change from before and this is the first time I've seen this constantly pop up. can't finish charging. Iphone 15 MAx Pro. Hoping it's just the recent update beta and not hardwrae failyure. Battery health says normal 98%, and app battery usage seems normal.

greg624

macrumors 6502
Jul 31, 2013
Indiana
Hmm… today I noticed that incoming text messages on the Lock Screen no longer show the person’s name. Instead, they say “Messages” where the name would be, then “Notification” underneath. Contact photo is still displayed. Once the phone is unlocked, the word “Messages” is replaced with the person’s name. This makes total sense for privacy purposes, but did this JUST start happening to anyone else?

It seems kinda weird, but I believe this literally started today… I’d be shocked if I simply hadn’t noticed before now…
Since the first iPhone X, it has done this 🤣😭

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.