Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

contacos

macrumors 603
Nov 11, 2020
Mexico City living in Berlin
A short sidenote about MMS in Germany (i.e. Vodafone), as the info is well hidden and even support doesn't seem to know it ...

Wonder why your iPhone even has no MMS switch in the cellular options? And adding a MMS APN doesn't help?
Don't worry ... it is not your or your iPhones fault - Vodafone just stopped the MMS service in January 2023!

Vodafone burries MMS

(Sorry for the German text...)

I don’t think MMS has ever really been a thing in Germany as a single MMS was like 0,49€! The only time I used it was in my old Nokia 16+ years ago and only by mistake 😅

Fred Zed

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2019
Upstate western NY now.
When saving a photos memory video that the iPhone made I can’t send it or save it to files without the error message “export failed, there was a problem trying to export this memory “.

dubvulture

macrumors regular
Mar 15, 2015
Anyone else having this issue again?

Attachments

• IMG_1395.jpeg
    IMG_1395.jpeg
    169.8 KB · Views: 78

cbreze

macrumors 65816
Nov 26, 2014
Oregon
When I send an RCS message to an android and they respond back the screen seems to bob up and down as they write their message. Only on RCS. Not sure if bug or not.

Reactions: Premium1

novagamer

macrumors regular
May 13, 2006
Mail still won't refresh my inbox on iOS, but all other devices work, and also my Junk folder works. I sure hope the next Developer Seed causes the inbox to refresh because Good Lord I do not want to sign out of icloud totally and re-download hundreds of gigabytes of data.

gwhizkids

macrumors G5
Jun 21, 2013
Mail still won't refresh my inbox on iOS, but all other devices work, and also my Junk folder works. I sure hope the next Developer Seed causes the inbox to refresh because Good Lord I do not want to sign out of icloud totally and re-download hundreds of gigabytes of data.
Have you tried reinstalling it via IPSW?

hevaKmaI

macrumors 6502
May 15, 2006
Anyone else's Home Key having difficulty? Schlage Encode locks + iPhone 15 Pro Max are not functioning properly in this beta. Doing a restore and set up from scratch to see if it fixes it.
Yes, I see the same thing in this and the watchOS beta 2

Broken Hope

macrumors 68000
Jan 15, 2015
Doesn't appear to be any way to disable iPhone mirroring so far, the UI allows you to remove a Mac but it just comes back and is also showing my watch for some reason, I'm sure they will fix it in the next beta or two.

adrianlondon

macrumors 603
Nov 28, 2013
Switzerland
Siri has suddenly forgotten how to translate anything from one language to another. The Translate app is also dead.

This might not be an iOS 18 problem - is it unique to me?

H3LL5P4WN

macrumors 68040
Jun 19, 2010
Pittsburgh PA
I'm hoping it gets fixed in the next beta. It is widespread thoughout my library of over 41,000 songs.
It’s annoying AF. It’s also a different bug than the one that’s been there forever, where different albums with some shared songs or different versions of the same album squish together.

Reactions: dubvulture

novagamer

macrumors regular
May 13, 2006
I completely forgot this was an option. Thank you, this worked! :)
Update: removing mail and reinstalling does catch up the emails but I‘m already not getting new ones. So weird!

I assume it’ll be fixed with the next version but posting in case anyone else isn’t paying attention because missing emails could be devastating for certain situations. I’ll just keep an eye on it.

cbreze

macrumors 65816
Nov 26, 2014
Oregon
I have always preferred to dictate my emails and messages. But sometimes the keyboard seems to have a mind of its own. Putting in double words, periods where they don’t belong, and capitalizing letters that shouldn’t be capitalized. Is anyone having good luck with G board or another keyboard?

Edit: wow! Just tried Gboard. What a difference! Super smooth and dictation works perfectly! FYI, for anyone having trouble with the Crapple keyboard.

Last edited:

d245770q

macrumors regular
Dec 9, 2009
London
I have always preferred to dictate my emails and messages. But sometimes the keyboard seems to have a mind of its own. Putting in double words, periods where they don’t belong, and capitalizing letters that shouldn’t be capitalized. Is anyone having good luck with G board or another keyboard?

Edit: wow! Just tried Gboard. What a difference! Super smooth and dictation works perfectly! FYI, for anyone having trouble with the Crapple keyboard.
Sounds like an ad to me! 🤣

dk001

macrumors demi-god
Oct 3, 2014
Sage, Lightning, and Mountains

I try the stock kb then swap to GBoard. Not a clear win however it is significantly better than stock.
For whatever reason, even GBoard on iOS/iPadOS is worse than its’ Android version.

cbreze

macrumors 65816
Nov 26, 2014
Oregon
I try the stock kb then swap to GBoard. Not a clear win however it is significantly better than stock.
For whatever reason, even GBoard on iOS/iPadOS is worse than its’ Android version.
You are right about it not being as good as the android version. But that is typical with Google apps on iPhones. It seems to work very well at least much better than the OEM keyboard. Be sticking with it for now.

Reactions: dk001

adrianlondon

macrumors 603
Nov 28, 2013
Switzerland
Siri has suddenly forgotten how to translate anything from one language to another. The Translate app is also dead.

This might not be an iOS 18 problem - is it unique to me?

This fixed itself overnight. Siri (and the Translate app) wouldn't translate anything on my Phone, my old (iOS 15) Phone or my laptop. I'm assuming it was a temporary server outage, although Apple's status stayed green as always.

Downloading the languages and doing offline translation was my temporary fix.

gwhizkids

macrumors G5
Jun 21, 2013
This fixed itself overnight. Siri (and the Translate app) wouldn't translate anything on my Phone, my old (iOS 15) Phone or my laptop. I'm assuming it was a temporary server outage, although Apple's status stayed green as always.

Downloading the languages and doing offline translation was my temporary fix.
I’ll be a glass half full guy and theorize that this means they’re upgrading the Siri servers in advance of the impending roll out of DP3 next week.

But it’s probably not that and you just got assigned to that weird Siri server that never knows the answer to anything. That’s the one that really could have used ChatGPT integration…a long time ago.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.