Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

dk001

macrumors demi-god
Oct 3, 2014
Sage, Lightning, and Mountains
I’ll be a glass half full guy and theorize that this means they’re upgrading the Siri servers in advance of the impending roll out of DP3 next week.

But it’s probably not that and you just got assigned to that weird Siri server that never knows the answer to anything. That’s the one that really could have used ChatGPT integration…a long time ago.

I thought that was the normal Siri servers. :oops:

jkel777

macrumors 6502a
May 10, 2014
How's beta 2 been for everyone? Considering installing it on my 15 PM alongside watchOS 11 beta 2, especially with beta 3 (and most likely public beta) right around the corner. Just installed iPadOS 18 beta 2 on my iPad Pro M4 and it's been smooth so far. Might go all in now.

Reactions: Premium1

town3r

macrumors demi-god
Jul 15, 2012
Madison, WI
Last edited:

dk001

macrumors demi-god
Oct 3, 2014
Sage, Lightning, and Mountains
One for those who do a bit with Focus.

I have different Focus items for my iPad and iPhone. I have one for the iPhone (15PM) that shows my name or ICE contact on the lockscreen.

With beta 2 it broke. Not uncommon in betas. So I fixed the lockscreen one however the Focus items on my iPad are now all gone replaced by the ones on my iPhone. Share Focus is Off.

Nothing major lost however I hope one of the next betas fixes this.

ps: I noticed this when I saw the status icon I chose for the iPhone suddenly appeared on my iPad also.

Jakimo

macrumors 6502
Apr 25, 2008
Colorado Springs
I'm noticing connectivity issues now.. Epic Games store won't load, and Superhuman has trouble remaining connected to Gmail

Both of these things started happening with beta 2

• Sad
Reactions: dk001

xgman

macrumors 603
Aug 6, 2007
iphone betas since mid 2000's and this ios the first series that overheats the iphone continually and halts charging due to heat. I turned stuff off but geeze it's ridiculously hot since running these recent betas.

• Wow
Reactions: HuNay

jkel777

macrumors 6502a
May 10, 2014
I stopped getting emails since yesterday evening on my 15 PM running beta 2. But my iPad running beta 2 still gets them. Anyone had something similar happen?

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
iphone betas since mid 2000's and this ios the first series that overheats the iphone continually and halts charging due to heat. I turned stuff off but geeze it's ridiculously hot since running these recent betas.
I’d restore it. I have everything I’ve always had enabled running perfectly cool on a 15PM.

Reactions: dk001

Brachaci

Contributor
Jul 27, 2014
Slovakia
Good news! While the forums were down (😂) I used my extra time to restore my iPad via IPSW. The “fake screen” issue is gone! Phew!
Do I read this correctly? Shut down MacRumors forums and people will get time to workout the bugs themselves?
At least some of the people. Haters gonna hate no matter what happens 😂

Reactions: gwhizkids

morganthomas757

macrumors newbie
Jun 5, 2023
As seems to be the usual in the Betas, Since installing 18 Beta 2 I've lost 2% battery health, down from 100% on my release day 15 Pro Max :confused:

contacos

macrumors 603
Nov 11, 2020
Mexico City living in Berlin
When I start typing a phone number in the Phone app like my parents landline (yes, this still exists) it is starting to suggest me her mobile phone number below, even though the digits are not remotely close to the digits I am typing. Is this a bug or feature?

jdavid_rp

macrumors 6502
Feb 25, 2020
When I start typing a phone number in the Phone app like my parents landline (yes, this still exists) it is starting to suggest me her mobile phone number below, even though the digits are not remotely close to the digits I am typing. Is this a bug or feature?
T9 calling maybe?

Reactions: Brachaci
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.