Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JCCL

macrumors 68020
Apr 3, 2010
I think next week as well based on recent threads (due to the updated beta 3 released last week). Would love to be wrong

KurtWilde

macrumors regular
May 12, 2008
The real question is will first Apple Intelligence stuff be in Beta 4. I want that shiny new Siri UI bad. 4 seems a good point to get some of the soft part of Apple Intelligence going

Reactions: bigjnyc and maxrest

gwhizkids

macrumors G5
Jun 21, 2013
The real question is will first Apple Intelligence stuff be in Beta 4. I want that shiny new Siri UI bad. 4 seems a good point to get some of the soft part of Apple Intelligence going
Exactly this. And if it is present, I think there’s a higher likelihood we see it today or tomorrow than next week.

Reactions: Pearsey and SR7000

Realityck

macrumors G4
Nov 9, 2015
Silicon Valley, CA
Exactly this. And if it is present, I think there’s a higher likelihood we see it today or tomorrow than next week.
Apple seems very consistent with dev seeds so far, and the changes to last weeks revise PB seed don’t add up to any delays really. So seems likely it will be this week as you say, possibly in 2 hours again on a Monday. :)

Last edited:

Cobold

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2014
Dieburg, Germany
Apple seems very consistent with dev seeds so far, and the changes to last weeks revise PB seed don’t add up to any delays really. So seems likely it will be this week as you say, possibly in 2 hours again on a Monday. :)
Last year with iOS 17, Apple also released a revised beta 3 build along with the PB1 and that indeed did push beta 4 back a week making it almost 3 weeks between beta 3 initial release and beta 4.

So my guess indeed is next week for beta 4.

Reactions: KurtWilde

Realityck

macrumors G4
Nov 9, 2015
Silicon Valley, CA
Last year with iOS 17, Apple also released a revised beta 3 build along with the PB1 and that indeed did push beta 4 back a week making it almost 3 weeks between beta 3 initial release and beta 4.

So my guess indeed is next week for beta 4.
Last weeks revised seed for PB showed no changes to Safari/webkit, Darwin Kernel, versions of FW, just eliminated the emoji and sticker changes that Apple introduced with the initial third beta release. This week will probably continue polishing what’s presently offered over the long game of in house AI features arriving so soon.

Reactions: gank41

dannyyankou

macrumors G5
Mar 2, 2012
Westchester, NY
Last weeks revised seed for PB showed no changes to Safari/webkit, Darwin Kernel, versions of FW, just eliminated the emoji and sticker changes that Apple introduced with the initial third beta release. This week will probably continue polishing what’s presently offered over the long game of in house AI features arriving so soon.
If you look at iOS 15, iOS 16, and iOS 17, they released a revised beta with virtually no changes and released the next beta 2 weeks later.

winxmac

macrumors 65816
Sep 1, 2021
iOS 18 DB 4 could be released today 22nd July 2024 while iOS 17.6 DB 5 could be released 23rd July 2024

Stiille

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2024
Wondering if we will see beta 4 today - if we do not count the revised version from last week, we should see beta 4 today, right ?

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.