Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

vertsix

macrumors 68000
Aug 12, 2015
Texas
Very pleased so far on my 6s jumping from iOS 9.3 PB3 to iOS 9.3 beta 4.

The annoying Touch ID issue has been fixed where it unlocks the phone for a split second and then locks it again.

Less stuttering occurs when switching apps as well.

Runs insanely fast compared to iOS 9.2.1.

Looks like it's getting near final.

Reactions: atlchamp

iOSBry

macrumors 6502a
Jan 16, 2013
Has anyone noticed or experienced Safari settings being reset to defaults after installing each 9.3 beta? An example is the search engine is reset to Google from my setting of DuckDuckGo and Open Links is reset to In New Tab instead of my setting of In Background - these are one of many changes that are reset.

iOSBry.

Dannysj7

macrumors newbie
Jan 6, 2016
Is it only me but why there's no "requires passcode after restarting" when unlock my phone after update this beta?

cecoleman

macrumors regular
Nov 13, 2007
Anyone has a problem with the Apple Watch not displaying notifications on this beta? Mine is iPhone 6S Plus running iOS 9.3 beta 3 and Apple Watch running watchOS 2.1 and the notification doesn't work for me

Same here... You found a fix?

s2mike

macrumors 68020
Sep 14, 2015
Does plugging in headphones still launch the Music app and cue up all your music?

That's real annoying.

I figured out that turning off "Installed Apps" fixes this, in case it bothered anyone else.

einsteinbqat

macrumors 6502
Nov 3, 2012
Canada
Good for the new Night Shift (NS) icon. Now, if they could make a better DND icon…

I wish NS could be warmer, too, like f.lux is capable of.

Reactions: MatsSkoe

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Good for the new Night Shift (NS) icon. Now, if they could make a better DND icon…

I wish NS could be warmer, too, like f.lux is capable of.
Well, they likely won't change an established icon at least not until a system redesign perhaps.

As for warmer, that is what NS does, makes the color temperature warmer.

Last edited:

Codeigniter

macrumors member
Feb 11, 2016
Canada
Personal hotspot issue solved in this beta :) now shows up automatically on my iPad & Mac even if hotspot is turned off on my iPhone as it should :D way smoother too. Yup and the clock bug's patched =)

RebornProphet

Suspended
Nov 3, 2013
There's one thing I'd love Apple to implement and I know they won't, but a Fake Clockup style toggle for the UI animations would be great.

The default animations are just so slow and cumbersome, even with reduce motion enabled the fade in/out is slow.

I just wish the animations were a fraction quicker, as regardless of what device you're on its as if you're made to sit through these lovely zooming and swooshing animations when all you want to do is get things done.

I'm not talking lag here, I'm talking about actually speeding up the animations.

Defender2010

Cancelled
Jun 6, 2010
I tried that and it didn't work. I also reset my phone's settings.

I was getting no notifications using 9.3 beta 4 and watchOS 2.1 either until I updated the watch to 2.2 beta 4. I unpaired the watch before updating and repaired but notifications still didn't work. My watch is now on 2.2 - everything is working normally again. With 2.1 and 9.3 beta 4 the message "cannot connect to watch" message kept coming up if I went to the watch app on my iPhone to check the "about" screen. For the record, only my iPhone is UDID registered. The watch doesn't need to be registered to update to 2.2 - for those worried.

Reactions: apereirac
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.