Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Geekfried

macrumors newbie
Feb 23, 2016
Bonn / Germany
I was getting no notifications using 9.3 beta 4 and watchOS 2.1 either until I updated the watch to 2.2 beta 4. I unpaired the watch before updating and repaired but notifications still didn't work. My watch is now on 2.2 - everything is working normally again. With 2.1 and 9.3 beta 4 the message "cannot connect to watch" message kept coming up if I went to the watch app on my iPhone to check the "about" screen. For the record, only my iPhone is UDID registered. The watch doesn't need to be registered to update to 2.2 - for those worried.

Got the same "no notifications Bug" with my 6s+ (9.3b4) and my AW (2.1). Tried to new Pair of the Watch but seems not to work for me eather. Will try updating to 2.2 at home.

ZEEN0j

macrumors 68000
Sep 29, 2014
Guess I'm skipping this beta on my iPhone if it doesn't work with watch 2.1. Not sure I'd like to run a beta on my watch as you can't downgrade. Does it work for anyone?

leesweet

macrumors 65816
Feb 1, 2009
Northern Virginia, USA
Seems strange they'd restrict a late beta to work with a watch beta. People won't necessarily upgrade both at the same time when they are released. And, same for me. Not running beta on AW without a way to revert!

Brutonus

macrumors newbie
Aug 17, 2013
I've just had the bug again where after unlocking with TouchID a blank home screen is shown for a second and then the iPhone locks itself again (iPhone 6s).

Valkyre

macrumors 6502a
Dec 8, 2012
I am still on public beta 3, so I have to ask, is CC and CS still as smooth as Beta 3? Just want to make sure that there are no downgrade in terms of smooth animation and performance in beta 4.

Thanks.

CagdasCizer

macrumors regular
Jun 13, 2015
I am still on public beta 3, so I have to ask, is CC and CS still as smooth as Beta 3? Just want to make sure that there are no downgrade in terms of smooth animation and performance in beta 4.

Thanks.
I can say it's even better than b3 in iphone 6+

Reactions: Valkyre

E.Neytman

macrumors newbie
Feb 16, 2016
Updated my watch to 2.2b4 but i have notifications only from standard apps. Looks the changed/broke smth.

CamiMR

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2012
Got the same "no notifications Bug" with my 6s+ (9.3b4) and my AW (2.1). Tried to new Pair of the Watch but seems not to work for me eather. Will try updating to 2.2 at home.
My 6s (9.3b4) and AW (2.1) seem to be working fine. At least calls, emails, messages and calendar notifications have all been coming in!

ZEEN0j

macrumors 68000
Sep 29, 2014
My 6s (9.3b4) and AW (2.1) seem to be working fine. At least calls, emails, messages and calendar notifications have all been coming in!

That sounds better. Love an update if you get third party notifications.

CamiMR

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2012
That sounds better. Love an update if you get third party notifications.
And just received notifications on the phone from Whatsapp and UPS, and none of them showed up on the watch...
So it seems that stock apps notifications are coming through, not other apps.
Will update if anything changes.

AZhappyjack

Suspended
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
Guess I'm skipping this beta on my iPhone if it doesn't work with watch 2.1. Not sure I'd like to run a beta on my watch as you can't downgrade. Does it work for anyone?

I'm running iOS 9.3 beta 4 on my iPhone 6S Plus and stock WatchOS 2.1 on my Watch and have no issues... everything seems to be working fine.

UPDATE: I just tested this by having my wife send me a text, and I got the notification on my watch. Coincidentally, I had a calendar (Fantastical 2) notification "fire" ... everything is working fine for me.

Last edited:

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
No. I meant warmer than it currently is.
Isn't there a slider in the settings where it can be made even warmer? Or are you saying that even the warmest setting is still not warm enough for some reason?
[doublepost=1456237184][/doublepost]
How to download watch os beta if we are not devs ?
The public beta should likely be out in the next day or two.

bucksaddle

macrumors 6502
Dec 4, 2008
9.3 beta 4 and watchOS 2.1 here - Notifications for stock apps appearing and alerting on both iPhone & Watch even if the phone is locked, 3rd party apps only alerting on phone.

monnyblack1

macrumors regular
Jan 24, 2016
meridian ms
Isn't there a slider in the settings where it can be made even warmer? Or are you saying that even the warmest setting is still not warm enough for some reason?
[doublepost=1456237184][/doublepost]
The public beta should likely be out in the next day or two.
How is battery life

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
How is battery life
Not sure what that might have to do with my posts that were quoted, but at this point it's still a bit early to tell how battery life is as a couple or so charging cycles and says would be needed to have some decent idea of any differences.

CagdasCizer

macrumors regular
Jun 13, 2015
Not sure what that might have to do with my posts that were quoted, but at this point it's still a bit early to tell how battery life is as a couple or so charging cycles and says would be needed to have some decent idea of any differences.
tough I agree, mine seems similar to the previous betas which is dissapointing I'm currently on 9hrs,16mins standby with 1hr,56mins usage and %49 battery left in 6plus

MattXDA

macrumors 6502
Aug 18, 2014
UK
Anyone has a problem with the Apple Watch not displaying notifications on this beta? Mine is iPhone 6S Plus running iOS 9.3 beta 3 and Apple Watch running watchOS 2.1 and the notification doesn't work for me
Same here. I received a text randomly but Snapchat notifications aren't working

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.