Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

soulsteelgray

macrumors regular
Mar 20, 2012
I'm also experiencing problems with receiving notifications on my Apple Watch but with an interesting twist: I eventually receive the notification on my watch if I wait a few seconds after the notification has been sent to the phone. If I don't interact with the notification on the watch in time, the phone will light up with the notification, but then the notification will clear if I have interacted with the notification via the watch.

tl;dr I still receive notifications on the watch but they arrive a few seconds later than they should.

The Carny

macrumors member
Jul 29, 2012
Does this fix the issue with restoring from backup present in the last beta? Namely that you end up with iCloud failing to verify and therefore being unable to perform many routine functions (such as install apps!) until you perform a DFU restore. You can't turn off Find My iPhone to do it any other way.

I'm currently without access to a computer and therefore don't want to check, lest my phone becomes useless.

oodi

macrumors regular
Sep 26, 2015
IPad Pro was smoother on beta 3. With beta 4 keyboard stutters a bit. Hope they will fix it on final release.

imagineadam

macrumors 68000
Jan 19, 2011
There's one thing I'd love Apple to implement and I know they won't, but a Fake Clockup style toggle for the UI animations would be great.

The default animations are just so slow and cumbersome, even with reduce motion enabled the fade in/out is slow.

I just wish the animations were a fraction quicker, as regardless of what device you're on its as if you're made to sit through these lovely zooming and swooshing animations when all you want to do is get things done.

I'm not talking lag here, I'm talking about actually speeding up the animations.
Yup. This is the number 1 reason I miss my jailbreak. The thing that made it even worse (iOS 9) is they block user input during the animations too when exiting apps so everything is just slower and clunky. Instead of just waiting for the already too slow animation to bounce back (used to be able to tap icons mid-animation) I additionally have to wait till the animation is 100% over until my taps on icons register and get things moving again. I really wish they would return this one thing back to how it was prior to iOS 9!

fjarl

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2015
I noticed that in pb4 I can finally clear stuck notifications in the notification centre on my iPad Air. That's nice :)

oodi

macrumors regular
Sep 26, 2015
Same on IPad Air 2

IPad Pro has the best ios hardware out there in terms of cpu/gpu/memory. And still it stutters. I find this situation pretty incredible. Normally I wouldnt cry if the device stuttering was old and there were much better hardwares out there. But man this the IPad Pro we are talking about... Is IOS this hungry? Then fix it Apple!

E.Neytman

macrumors newbie
Feb 16, 2016
And just received notifications on the phone from Whatsapp and UPS, and none of them showed up on the watch...
So it seems that stock apps notifications are coming through, not other apps.
Will update if anything changes.
Well i`ve cured this one. Had to update to both watch OS 2.2b4 and iOS 9.3b4.

Then i had to reset phone settings, make all of then again, including notification settings (the key is make the app ask you if you want to receive notifications or not) and then pair my watch again and set them up as new. For now everything works ok.

gwhizkids

macrumors G5
Jun 21, 2013
I'm also experiencing problems with receiving notifications on my Apple Watch but with an interesting twist: I eventually receive the notification on my watch if I wait a few seconds after the notification has been sent to the phone. If I don't interact with the notification on the watch in time, the phone will light up with the notification, but then the notification will clear if I have interacted with the notification via the watch.

tl;dr I still receive notifications on the watch but they arrive a few seconds later than they should.

That seals it: no PB4 for me! Awaiting 4.01's appearance in 3-5 days!
[doublepost=1456256973][/doublepost]
Noob question: I skipped 9.3 beta 3 but will I have to install it in order to install 9.3 beta 4?
Nope!
[doublepost=1456257053][/doublepost]
Well i`ve cured this one. Had to update to both watch OS 2.2b4 and iOS 9.3b4.

Then i had to reset phone settings, make all of then again, including notification settings (the key is make the app ask you if you want to receive notifications or not) and then pair my watch again and set them up as new. For now everything works ok.
I had heard that being on WatchOS 2.2b4 fixes it. But since I'm on the Public Beta program, that's a non-starter for me. Plus, I don't really want to take a chance on my Watch since there's no downgrade path.

tanzblume

macrumors member
Feb 11, 2016
Can it be that search results in adress book looks different to previous versions?

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    83.8 KB · Views: 287

veskop

macrumors newbie
Sep 30, 2015
Bulgaria
Anyone have problem with hotspot?I can turn it on ,but in other device I can't see my iPhone hotspot?I am running 9.3beta 4

sbailey4

macrumors 601
Dec 5, 2011
USA
Noob question: I skipped 9.3 beta 3 but will I have to install it in order to install 9.3 beta 4?

When I look under Software Updates, it's still showing Beta 3 waiting to install. Do I just have to wait until it changes to Beta 4? Or will I have to bypass using iTunes?
Delete the iOS software from General>storage and icloud usage>manage storage.

Reactions: bleighv

ZEEN0j

macrumors 68000
Sep 29, 2014
App switcher on iPad Air 2 is great now. Better than 9.2.1 even. But I think the biggest problem with the app switcher that people are having is than you can scroll in two speeds. Scrolling on the rights side of the screen and it will move slowly 1-3 apps at a time. But if you scroll on the left side, it's like you are pulling apps you are not even seeing immediately into view. You can easily flip through 5-20 apps. Mind you beta 4 still does this but not as fast as the previous betas and if I remember correctly slightly slower than 9.2.1.

In short, app switcher is useable now.

Tallrandal

macrumors newbie
Feb 23, 2016
When I look under Software Updates, it's still showing Beta 3 waiting to install. Do I just have to wait until it changes to Beta 4? Or will I have to bypass using iTunes?
Have you restarted the device? Try a soft reset if so (home button and power button till you see apple).

ad931

macrumors regular
Sep 1, 2013
Athens, Greece
Just updated to PB4 and Real Racing 3 won't open. Shows the app start screen for two seconds then The screen goes grey and the app crashes. Weird that CSR Racing works just fine

Reactions: HansumKingtut

jojost1

macrumors member
Oct 18, 2014
New screen when selecting 'install later' (in Dutch)

image.png
image.png

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    878.4 KB · Views: 214

jonnyb098

macrumors 601
Nov 16, 2010
Michigan
Seems very stable and silky smooth on my Air 2. Considering iPad Air 3 units are already about to be loaded onto planes to get here in three weeks this is most likely the release candidate as we saw with 9.2 where nothing changed between beta 4 and released.

stevemiller

macrumors 68020
Oct 27, 2008
All the betas have drastically reduced my iPad 3 standby time. With no use, it drains the battery 80% in 10 days. As recently as this fall the iPad could last well over a month in standby with light occasional use.

Also, on my iPad battery settings screen, I can no longer see any per app usage. It constantly says information will be available after a few minutes of use, but I haven't been able to get it working for months. Makes it hard to diagnose the battery drain. It claims 48h of non-standby usage which itself is ridiculous.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.