Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

JPOWA

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2010
There's something wrong with this beta and Apple Watch 2.1!

Text notifications work but I receive them also on the phone and other apps like what's app I don't receive on the watch

zackattack784

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2014
Is it just me or does it seems like nightshift takes longer to transition from "blue" to a warmer color at sunset when you have sunset to sunrise on?

Guilherme1995

macrumors member
Jan 25, 2015
Can someone confirm this bug on b4, which, in Safari, when showing all Tabs and clicking on any tab will make the page icons overlay the current ones, but then it gets back to normal.
As shown in the pic:
image.png

GreyOS

macrumors 68040
Apr 12, 2012
C DM and lagwagon,

LPM never introduced reduced transparency effects.

And it disabled home screen parallax but did not introduce other Reduce Motion effects like fading between apps.

You have very confused memories! :)
[doublepost=1456271248][/doublepost]
Can someone confirm this bug on b4, which, in Safari, when showing all Tabs and clicking on any tab will make the page icons overlay the current ones, but then it gets back to normal.
As shown in the pic:
image.png
Cant reproduce in my iPhone 6

Reactions: dmnc

QuarterSwede

macrumors G3
Oct 1, 2005
Colorado Springs, CO
C DM and lagwagon,

And it disabled home screen parallax but did not introduce other Reduce Motion effects like fading between apps.

Nor can I on my 6 Plus.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
C DM and lagwagon,

Right, I never recalled it producing reduced transparency effects, but I do recall reading about it reducing motion, although perhaps that was more in reference to some motion effects like parallax and not the whole thing (and as I have reduce motion enabled all the time anyway, I haven't really experimented with that aspect of it beyond what I recall reading about it in a few instances). I think wording like "disable motion effects" from https://developer.apple.com/library.../Conceptual/EnergyGuide-iOS/LowPowerMode.html (which was one of the first documents related LPM that was being discussed) and "motion and brightness are reduced" from articles like https://www.macrumors.com/how-to/ios-9-low-power-mode/ made it seem like it would be associated or connected with the actual Reduce Motion option that exists in iOS.

Last edited:

alfon_sico

macrumors regular
Oct 3, 2015
5S. Good performance no lag or stutter with CC, Notification Center, spotlight, smart search, multitask

Seems like mail UI search field is fixed definitely (not overlap until now)

With B3 reading the screen stops at the beginning. For now only proved without my car hands free connected. Tomorrow will try

Still has some random app exits and some faulty UI in some transitions

HoustonSpurs

macrumors newbie
Feb 15, 2016
Unfortunately this Beta hasn't fixed the issues Beta 3 caused on my 128 GB iPhone 6.
  • No GPS.
  • Wifi has to be within a few feet of a router.
  • Bluetooth will work only if the phone is literally next to the device I am trying to connect to.
I'm going to try and restore it (although it's saying I don't have enough space on the phone despite having 13GB free). I've tried resetting the Network Settings, turning on Airplane mode and hard resetting it. Nothing's working. :(

Last edited:

anticipate

macrumors 6502a
Dec 22, 2013
Just FYI you need to be on latest beta watch OS 2.2 to see notifications. I risked it to test and it works again (I was on 2.1 there).

This beta added a CarPlay bug that I'll report later where suggested places circles now just show magnifying glasses vs the gas symbol heart symbol etc. They still function properly though.

Also on my pioneer nex 4000 CarPlay crashes a LOT with all the betas including 9.3b4. Almost always when I receive a notification on the lock screen it'll crash and needs to be unplugged and plugged back in. It'll continue where it left off.

BoxerGT2.5

macrumors 68020
Jun 4, 2008
Just FYI you need to be on latest beta watch OS 2.2 to see notifications. I risked it to test and it works again (I was on 2.1 there).

This beta added a CarPlay bug that I'll report later where suggested places circles now just show magnifying glasses vs the gas symbol heart symbol etc. They still function properly though.

Also on my pioneer nex 4000 CarPlay crashes a LOT with all the betas including 9.3b4. Almost always when I receive a notification on the lock screen it'll crash and needs to be unplugged and plugged back in. It'll continue where it left off.

I'm on 2.1, no clue how to get beta 2.2.

jwilson25

macrumors regular
Aug 25, 2009

Did you have to do anything special to get them working again? I updated to 9.3b4, discovered the notification problem, and risked the 2.2 beta, but still none of my 3rd party notifications are working.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.