Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

LovedMacFirst

macrumors newbie
Feb 23, 2016
Does anybody else have the following bug after upgrading an iPad Air 2 from 9.3 b3 to b4:

Square folders:

image.jpeg

Messed up when training to move the icons around.
image.jpeg

Have tried restarting several times with no luck.

jwilson25

macrumors regular
Aug 25, 2009
Did you have to do anything special to get them working again? I updated to 9.3b4, discovered the notification problem, and risked the 2.2 beta, but still none of my 3rd party notifications are working.

So for giggles, I did a full ordered reboot. Powered down watch, then phone. Powered up phone then watch. Seems to have restored the notifications for both stock apps and 3rd party, at least for now.

I do notice my apps do not seem to clear notifications properly though. I can dismiss it on the watch, but it still shows as an unacknowledged notification on the phone and my iPad. Furthermore clearing it on the iPhone or iPad does not clear it on the other as it should for 3rd party apps. My messages app seems to be behaving as it should by comparison.

Last edited:

BoxerGT2.5

macrumors 68020
Jun 4, 2008
So for giggles, I did a full ordered reboot. Powered down watch, then phone. Powered up phone then watch. Seems to have restored the notifications for both stock apps and 3rd party, at least for now.

I do notice my apps do not seem to clear notifications properly though. I can dismiss it on the watch, but it still shows as an unacknowledged notification on the phone and my iPad. Furthermore clearing it on the iPhone or iPad does not clear it on the other as it should for 3rd party apps. My messages app seems to be behaving as it should by comparison.

I did both, still no notifications on the watch.

einsteinbqat

macrumors 6502
Nov 3, 2012
Canada
Wow its almost yellow/gold now when all the way warm. I cant hardly look at it that way cant imagine even more "warmer". But that's just me. Still getting used to that color change and I much prefer the blue but I get the reason its there so am trying it. Installed f.lux on laptop too to try. I should be sleeping like a rock now :)

I'm used to much warmer colour. So the native iOS option (NS) isn't nearly enough for me. Of course, it's better than nothing.

Peepo

macrumors 65816
Jun 18, 2009
I am not running beta because I have read about the issues with Apple Watch notifications.

Can anyone explain how the add playlist song to my music toggle works if some IOS devices have it on and others off and how it also works with iTunes on MAC and PC.

Example... disable on my iPhone, but enable on my iPad. I add some playlists from AM songs on either... then what would I see on iTunes on mac or PC? I presume iTunes would not show them in AM if I created playlist on my iPhone. But what if I create/modify playlists on iTunes, is there a similar option to not add playlist song to my music?

I am thinking of installing beta on my iPad and see how it works.

XTheLancerX

macrumors 68000
Aug 20, 2014
NY, USA
Is it just me or does it seems like nightshift takes longer to transition from "blue" to a warmer color at sunset when you have sunset to sunrise on?
That's good, I always thought the transition has been way too fast and jarring. Ideally, it would be a smooth transition over about 30 minutes at least so you barely even notice the change.
been smooth af basically since the ios 9.0 betas (iphone 6), trolls aside.

PB 3 was terrible.
Apparently I'm a troll, 9.0 betas-9.2.1 all lagged quite hard, particularly control center it was 20FPS or so on my iPhone 6 in 9.0 betas, along with many other frame rate issues, my iPad mini 2 has had its worse and more widespread issues as well.

With 9.3 (beta 3 and onward) I couldn't be happier. Most stable and smooth version of iOS 9 I've used yet, haven't really had any issues with beta 3 aside from minor cosmetic things and unlocking problems on my iPad.

jwilson25

macrumors regular
Aug 25, 2009
Anyone else experience issues with a dock? I tried to put my phone on the Philips dock I use for an alarm clock and overnight charger, but it keeps cycling the music app icon in the lower left corner on and off, and the screen stays on the whole time. In addition, when I go into the music app, I can hit play, but nothing happens and after about 3-5 seconds it just returns to the play button on the screen.

The Doctor11

macrumors 603
Dec 15, 2013
New York
Most likely a bug because if you turn on low power mode, you're able to turn night shift back on without disabling low power mode.
Or Apple is providing that flexibility. I like to believe it is for flexibility because I can see how if you get use to it, you don't want to go a night without it.

Yun0

macrumors 68000
Jun 12, 2013
Winnipeg, Canada
That's good, I always thought the transition has been way too fast and jarring. Ideally, it would be a smooth transition over about 30 minutes at least so you barely even notice the change.

Apparently I'm a troll, 9.0 betas-9.2.1 all lagged quite hard, particularly control center it was 20FPS or so on my iPhone 6 in 9.0 betas, along with many other frame rate issues, my iPad mini 2 has had its worse and more widespread issues as well.

With 9.3 (beta 3 and onward) I couldn't be happier. Most stable and smooth version of iOS 9 I've used yet, haven't really had any issues with beta 3 aside from minor cosmetic things and unlocking problems on my iPad.

no ur not a troll, just had a different issue. the trolls around here are obvious.

E.Neytman

macrumors newbie
Feb 16, 2016
Did you have to do anything special to get them working again? I updated to 9.3b4, discovered the notification problem, and risked the 2.2 beta, but still none of my 3rd party notifications are working.
you have to reset phone settings, then enter each app (it asks for notification permission) and then pair your watch like new.

but unpair your watch first before doing all that

Ashin

macrumors 6502a
Jun 19, 2010
Getting the feeling that Safari scrolling has more micro stutter in b4, more so compared to b3 on my 5S.

Only noticeable when scrolling up and down quite slowly rather than just flicking down a page.

Will try a Reset All Settings, as that can help some issues.

Edit - oddly enough my old iPad Mini 1st gen seems smoother an ever on b4...

Last edited:

zackattack784

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2014
The safari open animation seems to hang on the iPad Pro. It gets maybe 3/4 of the way through the animation, pauses for a quarter second, and then finishes opening. It doesn't happen all the time, maybe a quarter of the time. Never experienced this on any other iOS version with the pro. Anyone else seeing this?

Juliank

macrumors newbie
Mar 29, 2012
Sydney, Australia
Been running this beta for the past few hours and I have to say it's silky smooth. Extremely happy to confirm that Garmin Vivosmart notifications work again.

Yun0

macrumors 68000
Jun 12, 2013
Winnipeg, Canada
Getting the feeling that Safari scrolling has more micro stutter in b4, more so compared to b3 on my 5S.

Only noticeable when scrolling up and down quite slowly rather than just flicking down a page.

Will try a Reset All Settings, as that can help some issues.

Edit - oddly enough my old iPad Mini 1st gen seems smoother an ever on b4...

safari is smother, we all know this. dont even try to fight it. SAFARI IS ALWAYS SMOOTHER!

it is the smoothest browser on the face of this planet. period.

zackattack784

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2014
Just found another bug which is a pretty big deal breaker for me on the iPad Pro. Can anyone confirm this? Start a video playing in safari. Try to jump more than halfway through the video. About 90% of the time the video doesn't load and I just get a black screen. I tried restarting the iPad, different websites, and it constantly happens. This behavior doesn't happen on YouTube though as they use a different video player it seems.

Edit: This seems to affect the iPad Pro only at this point. I can't duplicate this problem on my iPhone 6S. But the fact I can watch the same video on my 6S and skip ahead without issues leads me to believe it truly is a bug.

Last edited:

ApexDE

macrumors regular
Nov 27, 2008
Because someone had problems with it:
Turn-by-turn Navigation (Apple Maps) is working fine with a Bluetooth paired Car System (Ford Focus Sync1)
Beta4 in general is running pretty well, no problems so far.
AirPlay was supposed to be faulty too, it is working with b4

Last edited:

SavageBeauty

macrumors newbie
Jul 21, 2014
The safari open animation seems to hang on the iPad Pro. It gets maybe 3/4 of the way through the animation, pauses for a quarter second, and then finishes opening. It doesn't happen all the time, maybe a quarter of the time. Never experienced this on any other iOS version with the pro. Anyone else seeing this?

Yes, I'm seeing the same thing. Also intermittent. Odd.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.